Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hot taek- O’Brien is a better prospect than Wahlstrom. Not sure if that says more about O’Brien or Wahlstrom. He only has 3 points in 11 games and was dash two tonight, but on a pretty good team, his skating and skill stands out above the rest. Didn’t seem like he saw the ice enough or with quality linemates (tbf I haven’t seen enough of Providence this year). I would expect his breakout to come next season. He definitely needs to get stronger but most knew that would be an issue as a freshman making the jump straight from Prep hockey.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Nah. Doesn’t have skating even close to Grabner’s.

I don’t really have a comp for him. Successful forwards his size just don’t enter the league too often.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
There’s 7 forwards in the NHL this year to play a game at 6’6” (they’re the tallest).

Martin Hanzal, Tage Thompson, Nick Bjudstad, Jordan Greenway, Timothy Gettinger, Brian Boyle, & Michael Rasmussen. It’s not exactly a list of guys that wow you.
Not a list of superstars but some good hockey players in this list. Ratcliffe skates very well and has excellent hands, scoring touch and vision. I hope Guelph makes a run to MemCup with him leading a now-stacked team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Zamula is getting me excited. It’s nice to see a player just explode for offense production. I wonder how many players went from his type of production to where he is now and had successful careers.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad