Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Note:

And produce he has, as in the 13 games following his promotion to the top line he’s scored six goals and picked up four assists for a total of ten points. Furthermore, he has a +0.96 relative Corsi for percent and a +5.85 relative scoring chances for percent at 5-on-5, the latter of which being bested by only Mikhail Vorobyev (+12.71%), Taylor Leier (+12.6%), and Twarynski (+10.02%) during that span. He continued,

AHL time matters, especially for kids out of juniors or college, less so for the SHL and KHL where they're already professionals.
For players like Bunnaman, Vorobyev and Twarynski, who lack uber-talent, their NHL success will depend on mastering fundamentals and learning to play in the dirty areas, they're not going to blow people away with their speed and skill.

You could see the difference with Rubtsov and Kase before they got hurt, they have top 9 NHL skills.

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think staying in HS instead of the USHL cost O'Brien a year of development.
So look at 2020-21 as his ETA, maybe 2021-22.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Meltzer's personality has taken a sharp turn since he began working for the organization. He used to come across as a passionate and knowledgable fan. Now he comes across as a self-righteous mouthpiece for the org.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, he's basically right, it's a fool's errand to lose for Hughes, the odds are too long for that to be a viable strategy.
However, they shouldn't even consider a veteran center except as a salary dump to sweeten a deal, at this point the TDL focus should be moving out veterans and garnering assets to be spent in June. Sell at the TDL, buy in June when the cost is lower for cost controlled players.
While they shouldn't actively tank, spending assets to win a few meaningless games is pointless.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Meltzer's personality has taken a sharp turn since he began working for the organization. He used to come across as a passionate and knowledgable fan. Now he comes across as a self-righteous mouthpiece for the org.
He’s siding with his paycheck, which everyone else would do.

Reactions: DaphneLion

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Well, he's basically right, it's a fool's errand to lose for Hughes, the odds are too long for that to be a viable strategy.
However, they shouldn't even consider a veteran center except as a salary dump to sweeten a deal, at this point the TDL focus should be moving out veterans and garnering assets to be spent in June. Sell at the TDL, buy in June when the cost is lower for cost controlled players.
While they shouldn't actively tank, spending assets to win a few meaningless games is pointless.

Using how screwed up EDM has been even with lottery Luck was a massive straw man (& pretty disingenuous). Front Offices make the decision to tank. Chuck Fletcher & Co. don’t even have to make that decision. If it happens by letting this season play out, it’s fine. I’m rooting for the younger players to get going & for the team to compete...and lose more often than not. Going on any sustained winning steak in the 2nd half would be less than ideal. This team does not have a game-breaking talent among their current crop of prospects & getting Hughes or Kakko would be just what they need. Cozens ain’t too shabby either

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Charlie O'Connor walks this line without problem.

Meltzer just doesn't like the fans.
There's been a few times he's kinda made me wonder, but nothing close to as bad as Meltzer.

I should point out I don't read either of their articles. I'm solely basing my impressions off of their tweets.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There's been a few times he's kinda made me wonder, but nothing close to as bad as Meltzer.

I should point out I don't read either of their articles. I'm solely basing my impressions off of their tweets.

Charlie is a really good read still.

Reactions: BernieParent

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
he hung out with hextall and it rubbed off on him.

It's probably more than just Hexy. There seemed to be an organizational feud against the fans in Hextalls final year.

God forbid we want a good coaching staff and to not watch trash veteran try-hards. The nerve!!!

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad