Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
His market share is people who spend money to read other things on the Athletic and read his articles because they already spent the money and want to be stupefied. (Though there's a slight connection between Twitter analytics types and Pronman for reasons beyond me.)

I skim his articles and usually end up hitting the Frowny Face response if that counts.

I tried engaging with him in the comments about how he rates prospects drafted in previous years and he was nothing but pleasant, but it just didn’t make any sense.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As per Championat. com (Генменеджер «Витязя»: Рубцов — игрок не для НХЛ, там у него 2 раза в год травмы) "Vityaz" GM does not think that Rubtsov's style fits the NHL. My reading of his words is that Rubtsov is better suited for a game where he would have more space and time rather than NHL. GM also attributes Rubtsov's injuries to that root-cause.

Hopefully he reads this and uses it as fuel. Big season for German.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
As per Championat. com (Генменеджер «Витязя»: Рубцов — игрок не для НХЛ, там у него 2 раза в год травмы) "Vityaz" GM does not think that Rubtsov's style fits the NHL. My reading of his words is that Rubtsov is better suited for a game where he would have more space and time rather than NHL. GM also attributes Rubtsov's injuries to that root-cause.
In other words our rubles are better for you than dollars. :laugh:
The Russian economy is worse than Italy's. Players go there when they can't find work elsewhere.

Reactions: Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Pffft thats nothing. I remember when Stefan Ruzicka was our only shining hope.

At least Ruzicka came in as a third rounder in the same draft with Carter and Richards. He was towering over what followed though with players like Scurko and Cabana since we were rarely drafting before the 3rd round.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
And (mis)judging by your Twitter pic, your voice is about an octave lower than I expected. ;) Seriously, though, great session. We're going to lose you to superstardom soon, right?

I'm going to be so sad if Apple gets too cool for us and leaves. He is literally the main reason I started following these boards so closely.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Good old Detroit. Hit on late round euro gems before anybody else scouted Europe properly and have had a top 10 prospect system ever since. Even though they have barely developed any impact talent in the last 15 years.
And what a gems they were. Two 100 point centers with selke level defense and lidstrom who is hockey deity. Those euro scouts made Holland a lot of money.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
And (mis)judging by your Twitter pic, your voice is about an octave lower than I expected. ;) Seriously, though, great session. We're going to lose you to superstardom soon, right?

Haha. Crazily enough I have had this voice since I was about 12. And I am still a baby face at 27. I have a beard 90% of the time so I dont get ID'd in bars.

And hfboards is in my blood now, I would not be where I am now if it were not for this place quite frankly!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'd get a new picture, that one looks awfully Teutonic - of course, if you have Anglo-Saxon ancestors that might explain things.

My mothers family are Swedish... albeit it has been 200 or so years since they left.

and while my Dad's family is Irish-Italian-French-Algerian his name Appleyard is an Anglo-Saxon name

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad