Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Actually that was an ugly goal, bad play by the goalie, and a slow slapshot where a good NHL player would have fired a wrist shot with a quicker release that would be less likcly to be blocked. That big windup won't work at the next level where the D-man would have closed on him.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Actually that was an ugly goal, bad play by the goalie, and a slow slapshot where a good NHL player would have fired a wrist shot with a quicker release that would be less likcly to be blocked. That big windup won't work at the next level where the D-man would have closed on him.

AND HE IS VERY SMALL! GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
interesting analysis.

yQHUj.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What I like from this gif is that it seems the Lindblom shadowed the Bridgeport defender and occupied the slot that he vacated to cover Knight (?)

Lindblom is so good at slipping coverage in tight, though you can see 2 defenders cover Knight at once.

The goal was definitely an NHL goal, but the behind-the-net pass by Martel to set-up Lindblom......I have to say, little AHL.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Laugh all you want, but Lindblom will beat Martel to Philly.

Not a soul thinks Martel is a better prospect or will be up (because of course he won't) or even should be up sooner than Lindblom. I'm not sure who is giggling and taking up that argument.

Unless you're talking about them actually racing to Philly or something. In which case, by foot, Oskar covers more ground per stride due to his longer legs. And if you mean by motor vehicle, Martel can't even reach the pedals. But if it's on horseback, due to Martel's jockey-sized stature, he just might beat Lindblom to Philly.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My real point was that don't get gaga on his stats. Not saying whether his other 13 goals were goo or not, since I haven't reviewed them, but that particular shot wasn't impressive because that windup won't work in the NHL unless you're on a clean breakaway (Morin has said that's one of the things they had him work on to keep his shots from being blocked).

Whereas the Lindblom shot showed the eye to hand coordination and quick reactions of a NHL scorer, you don't have a lot of time in front of the net, yet you see guys have to "catch" the puck and then aim (uh, Mr. Voracek?). That looks easy, but if it was, everyone would do it on a regular basis.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Having an undrafted, 22 year old prospect lead the AHL in scoring somehow becomes mired in negativity and controversy on this forum, instead of being a cause for celebration. What a fun place. :damnpc:

Weise and Lehtera will do that to a fanbase.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My real point was that don't get gaga on his stats. Not saying whether his other 13 goals were goo or not, since I haven't reviewed them, but that particular shot wasn't impressive because that windup won't work in the NHL unless you're on a clean breakaway (Morin has said that's one of the things they had him work on to keep his shots from being blocked).

Whereas the Lindblom shot showed the eye to hand coordination and quick reactions of a NHL scorer, you don't have a lot of time in front of the net, yet you see guys have to "catch" the puck and then aim (uh, Mr. Voracek?). That looks easy, but if it was, everyone would do it on a regular basis.

You do realize they're two completely different plays at two completely different spots right? One player is 3 feet from the net smacking the puck in (of course you can't acknowledge the best play on that goal, which was Martel's pass), the other is a slapper practically on the boards. You're acting like Martel did a Subban wind-up from the same spot. And it wasn't a "slow" shot. The gif is at like 75% speed.

Martel's shot, whether he aimed it or not, was a low glove slapper right above the pads. Probably should've saved it but anyone who plays hockey knows that can be a tricky shot. It went in; NHL goalies aren't immune from letting that in or crap goals. Martel has plenty dirty goals too. But perhaps Martel should try to score more "NHL goals" off his boot like Weise.

Reactions: Rebels57

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Weise and Lehtera will do that to a fanbase.
Our 13 and 14th forwards? Who are waaaay better than last years crew. 7-6-2 start with half the D core injured and a tough schedule? This board used to be a place to talk hockey even if you disagree.

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're acting like Martel did a Subban wind-up from the same spot. And it wasn't a "slow" shot. The gif is at like 75% speed.

It was a big windup, when Ghost is shooting well, he has a nice compact slap shot that he can blast past goalies. Thing with Martel, he really has to refine his game, similar to Weal. He just has a smaller margin for error.

With Lindblom it was just nice to see him make a tough shot in a tough area of the ice, because that's his game. He'll probably score a lot of his goals with in 10' of the net.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Our 13 and 14th forwards? Who are waaaay better than last years crew. 7-6-2 start with half the D core injured and a tough schedule? This board used to be a place to talk hockey even if you disagree.

Where are you getting that they are the 13th and 14th forward?

We have 1 injured forward and both are in the lineup.

They are the 12th and 13th. Read has been the 14th. Which means when we are 100% healthy one of them is still in the lineup.

I have no idea what the last sentence is in reference to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad