Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ratcliffe with a goal......but the import Toropchenko has been straight killing it so far for Guelph. 8 points (4+4) in 4 games and good shot generation too. Been on Ratcliffe's line at RW and on PP1. Went #113 to St. Louis. Only had 2 points in 7 u18 games, but he was used as a bottom 6/4th line player. He looked really good (and skilled) there in his small role -- plus he's 6'3 with plus skating -- so I was definitely pretty curious to see what he'd do on a still pretty weak up front Guelph.

I was wondering how much he'd help out Ratcliffe, and the answer might be quite a bit.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Hart was getting the night off but the usual backup goalie just got hurt mid-game. Hart is coming in cold.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What stood out watching the last two periods (missed the first) is the dropoff from the NHL, even in preseason.
Carey looked really good on his goal, nice movement, great shot.

On the other hand, Brennan and LaMarche can't do the basic things well, this is why durability matters at the back of the roster, if Manning goes down and you have to promote one of these guys, uggh.

Lyon was shaky, there's no kind way to put it, some tough chances but that's SOP in the NHL, the goalie has to stop most of them. He just didn't look like a NHL caliber goalie tonight.

Vorobyev looked slow with his decision making, I think he's a perfect example of a talented European player who needs time to get used to the "faster" NHL game, it's not that players are quicker, it's that there's less room so play is chippy and you have to make faster decisions and work with less room. He'll learn.

AK was a bit of a disappointment, he really has to step up his game, at this level he should be a dominant offensive force with a year under his belt.

Myers looked like a talented junior player who isn't sure what he's doing out there.
Friedman looked decent to me but wasn't too involved.
Wilcox was on the left side and didn't look real comfortable there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Marody - 1G 3A
Laczynski - 1G
Amorosa - 1A

These are exhibition games against Canadian colleges. Allison didn’t play in WMU’s game. Wisconsin plays a regular season game tomorrow & everybody will be playing regular season next week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nonsense. If Manning goes down, Brennan and Lamarche would be next in line. I can't think of anyone else they could call up. They're it.

They’d have to sign Lamarche to an NHL contract to call him up. So that basically puts him behind Sanheim, Myers, Friedman, Brennan, O’Neill, & Willcox by default.

Reactions: Magua

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They’d have to sign Lamarche to an NHL contract to call him up. So that basically puts him behind Sanheim, Myers, Friedman, Brennan, O’Neill, & Willcox by default.

Flyers finally have the depth where they don't have to call up those guys, but the last couple years they've had multiple injuries to veterans, and were one more injury from Brennan getting a serious NHL cameo.
That's why Manning has value, because when you see the dropoff from him to the basic AHL defenseman, you want someone like him as your 7th defenseman.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Weekly Prospect Update:

AHL
Danick Martel
Cole Bardreau
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Radel Fazleev
Reece Willcox
Tyrell Goulbourne
Philippe Myers
Mark Friedman
Mikhail Vorobyev
Alex Lyon
Anthony Stolarz

CHL (OHL, QMJHL, & WHL)
Anthony Salinitri - 4GP 1G 5A 6P +1
Morgan Frost - 5GP 1G 4A 5P +5
Pascal Laberge - 4GP 2G 1A 3P +2
Isaac Ratcliffe - 4GP 2G 1A 3P -3
Matthew Strome - 4GP 2G 1A 3P +1
Maksim Sushko - 3GP 1G 1A 2P -3
Connor Bunnaman - 3GP 0G 1A 1P +3
German Rubtsov
Carsen Twarynski
Carter Hart - 2GP 1-1-0 3.70GAA .905SV% 0SO

KHL
Valeri Vasiliev - 7GP 0G 3A 3P +2
Ivan Fedotov - 6GP 2-3-0 2.63GAA .891SV% 1SO (VHL)
Kirill Ustimenko - 7GP 4-2-1 2.25GAA .894SV% 1SO (MHL)

NCAA
Tanner Laczynski
Wade Allison
Terrance Amorosa
Cooper Marody
David Drake
Wyatt Kalynuk
Brendan Warren

SHL
David Kase - 5GP 2G 2A 4P +2
Linus Hogberg - 5GP 0G 1A 1P +1
David Bernhardt - 5GP 0G 0A 0A 0
Olle Lycksell - 7GP 1G 4A 5P +4 (SuperElit)
Felix Sandstrom - 3GP 1-2-0 2.36GAA .926SV% 0SO

USHL:
Noah Cates
Matej Tomek

Reactions: tymed

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't know what to expect from Frost, he was such an unknown, now all of the sudden, he seems like a dominant player.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
He is no Tolvanen....who certain people are saying should have been a top 3 pick in the draft now.

lol.
i wanted Tolvanen pre-draft lottery and was hoping like hell that he's who they were targeting when they acquired the second 1st rounder... i screamed at my television like a psycho when they announced Morgan Frost with Tolvanen still on the board.

I do like Frost, and I think he'll be a good player, but i would have preferred Tolvanen.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i wanted Tolvanen pre-draft lottery and was hoping like hell that he's who they were targeting when they acquired the second 1st rounder... i screamed at my television like a psycho when they announced Morgan Frost with Tolvanen still on the board.

I do like Frost, and I think he'll be a good player, but i would have preferred Tolvanen.

I did too. He was in the group of guys I was looking at when we had the 13th pick. When he dropped down and we made the trade, that's who I wanted.

He has had a great start to his KHL season, but who knows how things end up. The one place Hextall and Co do have my confidence is in drafting. But we are years from knowing how these kids end up. Hey...it could be 4-5 years before Frost makes the team if he does...lol.

Reactions: OrangeAndBlackMetal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given the other players in the system, the one thing we probably lack is pure speed, which is the reason I think they went for Frost, and Ratcliffe gives us a big winger with speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad