Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Oh thanks. I was going by what Androckitis had on Twitter -- 3rd pair with Wilcox. So it's Brennan-Friedman, O'Neill-Myers, and Wilcox-Lamarche?

Switch Wilcox and O'Neil. Myers is with Wilcox, O'Neil is with Lamarche.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I thought Wilcox was with Lamarche and De Haas was with Friedman.

O’Neill isn’t playing tonite...

I was just going by what the graphic stated on TV at the beginning of the game. Who the hell knows.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Myers took a good chance on that 3v2 SH rush.

Problem: Ghoul had the puck.

And again Ghoul has a puck exiting the zone in a good SH chance. Myers jumps a bit. Ghoul overskates the puck. Lol.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can't imagine what it's like for Myers to go from Rouyn-Noranda's pro system to the Phantoms' junior one.

If you can show me a better roster in the AHL than this one I’d be shocked. You have multiple legit NHL prospects & veterans that are tweeners. In combination you have a GM that is stingy on call-up’s so you’re not losing guys much if at all. Yet this team always looks like a drop-in game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you can show me a better roster in the AHL than this one I’d be shocked. You have multiple legit NHL prospects & veterans that are tweeners. In combination you have a GM that is stingy on call-up’s so you’re not losing guys much if at all. Yet this team always looks like a drop-in game.

Keeping Gordon is just another example of Hextalls shortcomings as a GM.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Only saw the 2nd, but it's amazing how incompatible Phil Myers is with the Phantoms. Like in the best way possible. Gaps, pinches, rush trailing, exits. He'll learn though. He'll learn.

I also find it interesting how Voro is being used on PP1. There's a 0.0% chance (is that too high?) Gordon plays Voro on PP1 and in this big a role without Hextall saying, "I want you to do it." Just like if Hextall wanted them to use a prospect a different way last year -- let's say playing Myers/Friedman over an ECHLer or giving Sanheim more PP time -- Gordon would've had no choice. But he didn't. Also, Voro should've gotten the A2 on Carey's goal, but they announced it as only NAK.

Reactions: Rebels57

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Dam Myers just took out his frustration on a few checkers.

He plowed one into the boards and the other he beat the crap out of in a fight.

Myers to the locker room.

Reactions: Rebels57

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hot damn. Myers had a ferocious, slightly questionable hit on Schilkey. Then he murdered a guy in a fight. Gordon's going to start using him like Morin soon.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Hot damn. Myers had a ferocious, slightly questionable hit on Schilkey. Then he murdered a guy in a fight. Gordon's going to start using him like Morin soon.

That sequence was great to see, Myers can atleast handle himself against pro’s AHL/ECHLers.
He went full on Beast mode...hittting and fighting...

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That sequence was great to see, Myers can atleast handle himself against pro’s AHL/ECHLers.
He went full on Beast mode...hittting and fighting...

He was sealing guys off on the wall all night just fine. Schikley is really small though.

For a guy with injury issues, I'm pretty alright with him striking some fear into opponents so they think twice before trying to engage him physically. Though I don't want to see him fighting regularly. AHL is such a shit show that every AHL tough guy will be challenging him to fight if he's giving out huge hits. That's where Brandon Manning could've come in handy. Shame.

Reactions: topley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad