Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Media and Team Links

LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS' (AHL) MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE

Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
Service Electric TV2
WAEB 790 AM

WSAN 1470 AM

READING ROYALS' (ECHL) MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE

ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
==================================

Prior Threads

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick Division

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2017-18 Line-up

Line 1 LW Read/Leier C Varone RW Vecchione
Line 2 LW Carey C Vorobyov RW Aube-Kubel
Line 3 LW Martel C Knight RW Bardreau
Line 4 LW Conner* C Fazleev RW McDonald

1st D-Pair LD Manning/Sanheim RD Myers
2nd D-Pair LD Brennan RD Friedman
3rd D-Pair LD O'Neill RD Alt

Goalie's:
Starter: Lyon
Backup: Irving*

G Stolarz + Knee out indefinitely

Reading Royals ECHL
LW Goulbourne
RD Wilcox < 1st defender recalled to AHL
LW Hulak* < 1st forward recalled to AHL
LW Swavely*
C McCarthy*
LW Krushelnyski*
RW Willows*
RD Lamarche*
LD Zajac*
LD De Haas*
RD Hora*
G Muse* < 1st goalie recalled to AHL
G Dekanich*
* Under contract to Phantoms

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Rubtsov still doesn't have his clearance yet to play in the QMJHL. His team was to play tonight & he was still expected to be out of the lineup but a water pipe broke in the arena & cancelled the game.

Another tweet from Q writer said Acadie-Bathurst & Moncton could be teams to watch for potential trade destinations for him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Abramov was returned to Gatineau & is expected to be traded sometime before the Christmas deadline. The two teams mentioned above have both import spots open.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Holy shit Abramov+Rubtsov would be a beautiful duo.

I thought Abramov had European pro league offers lined up in case he couldn't make the Blue Jackets though....?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I thought the same but it was his choice apparently to go back to the Q.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting certain posters flocking into Abramov's prospect thread. If he wasn't a bust already....

Acadie-Bathurst could stand a chance of winning a pretty wide open Q by adding those two. Would actually be fun to see them play together in the Q and WJC potentially. But the Titans would have to be all in to make those 2 trades, and I'm not even sure they'd have the pieces. That would cost a fortune to acquire both.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms plays their only two preseason games tomorrow and on Saturday against the Charlotte Checkers.

First chance to see who the new star of Babysitting Brennan will be.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
The Phantoms plays their only two preseason games tomorrow and on Saturday against the Charlotte Checkers.

First chance to see who the new star of Babysitting Brennan will be.
Unfortunately I have a bad feeling it is going to be Friedman.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, until further evidence, after seeing the progress made by Weal, Laughton, Leier, Hagg, Morin and Sanheim, I got to trust Gordon.
He may not be the best coach in terms of winning AHL games, but as long as prospects improve under his tutelage, I'm happy (and so is Hextall).
This year the test will be MV, Vorobyev, AK, Myers and Friedman - if they're NHL ready by April, Gordon is doing his job, no matter how many game day mistakes he makes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well, until further evidence, after seeing the progress made by Weal, Laughton, Leier, Hagg, Morin and Sanheim, I got to trust Gordon.
He may not be the best coach in terms of winning AHL games, but as long as prospects improve under his tutelage, I'm happy (and so is Hextall).
This year the test will be MV, Vorobyev, AK, Myers and Friedman - if they're NHL ready by April, Gordon is doing his job, no matter how many game day mistakes he makes.

Another way to read the situation is that they are developing in spite of his malevolence and stupidity. They are improving out of spite.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Another way to read the situation is that they are developing in spite of his malevolence and stupidity. They are improving out of spite.

exactly.

Weal was a top AHL player. All the other guys listed were former WJC players and 3 of them 1st rounders. These guys all have talent.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weal also failed to make a NHL squad three times coming off good AHL seasons.
He's admitted he had to improve on defense.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Develop an unheralded guy like a Fazleev or an Aube-Kubel and I'll give him credit.

In most organizations he doesn't even get his hands on Morin or Sanheim for more than a handful of games.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
  • The new Portland ECHL team has chosen a name, and it will be familiar to those who were in Maine decades ago. The Maine Mariners are back for the third time, after first debuting in 1977. This new team will be the ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, after the team purchased the defunct Alaska Aces this summer and will join the league next season.
I guess that will spell the end of the Flyers affiliation with the Reading Royals after this season.

Portland Maine will begin a new affiliation with the Flyers and Phantoms starting in 2018-19 as the Maine Mariners.

I wonder what team will Reading be affiliated with in 2018-19.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Well, he also coached Manning.

Tbf to Brandon the fact he ever even made the NHL is good going. Not that talented and at lower levels known as much for fighting as playing hockey.

I mean, I don't like his game, and think he is a ~#7 NHL defenseman. But the talent he has has almost certainly been made the most - or close to the most - of.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Team for tonight, as per @TonyAndrock.
Martel -- Vorobyev -- Conner
Carey -- Varone -- NAK
Goulbourne -- Vecchione -- Willows
Twarynski -- Fazleev -- Whitmore

O'Neill -- Alt
Friedman -- Myers
de Haas -- Willcox

Brennan and Knight are the only guys who for sure will be Phantoms skaters scratched.

Willows and de Haas are the only guys in that line-up who seem very likely ECHL bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino