Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Summer 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Wisdom is actually explainable, 18 year old who tries to play a physical game against much older, physically mature players is a candidate for injury. In 3 years, the hit that injured him would probably just be shrugged off.

What hit? He hasn’t played in the AHL since May.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Great summer showcase for the Flyers.

Foerster: invited but didn't attend due to injury
Desnoyers: invited but didn't attend due to injury
Wisdom: invited, then likely got injured there

Tale as old as time

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They usually sign the Euros then lend them back to their Euro clubs until they want to bring them over.
I think the ELC slides until they're 20, but not sure of the exact details.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Do we know if there’s a Euro clause in there so he may stay in Liiga or SHL or the league he was playing in? If not, I assume he’s coming to LHV.
I assume he will be on loan in Finland. He’s not ready for the AHL. It is odd to give a European second round pick an ELC right after getting drafted. Klimovich got one but Vancouver just wants to get him out of Belarus.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I assume he will be on loan in Finland. He’s not ready for the AHL. It is odd to give a European second round pick an ELC right after getting drafted. Klimovich got one but Vancouver just wants to get him out of Belarus.
Tuomaala is already signed in Finland for next season, so he will be loaned to Karpat and his ELC will slide.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Tuomaala is already signed in Finland for next season, so he will be loaned to Karpat and his ELC will slide.

He's got a two year contract. Small frame, just getting his toes wet in pro play, hard to see him transitioning to NA sooner than that tbh. Interesting signing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I think Liiga is rated slightly above the AHL (though some have it slightly below).
SHL is generally rated above the AHL.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
2 of the 3 leading point getters in Liiga this season were a Canadian, who was a 40 point AHLer, and an American who was the leading ECHL scorer. There’s no way Liiga is higher level than the AHL. I’ve seen equivalency models that say so, but they also list the Czech league as the 3rd best in the world……which doesn’t pass the smell test. NHL equivalency models are based on players going from one league to the next in consecutive years — not hard to see certain high level prospects skewing that in smaller samples.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
2 of the 3 leading point getters in Liiga this season were a Canadian, who was a 40 point AHLer, and an American who was the leading ECHL scorer. There’s no way Liiga is higher level than the AHL. I’ve seen equivalency models that say so, but they also list the Czech league as the 3rd best in the world……which doesn’t pass the smell test. NHL equivalency models are based on players going from one league to the next in consecutive years — not hard to see certain high level prospects skewing that in smaller samples.

Oh come on, Lehtera lit up the KHL, and it's definitely rated well above the AHL.
Veteran players learn how to play within the limits of their talent in lower leagues and take advantage of younger players.

I'd say it varies year to year but KHL is tops, then SHL, then AHL/Liiga/Czech.
AHL was better last year b/c of the addition of top CHL players, which may carry over to some extent this season.
But normally that league has its share of stiffs, look at top Phantom scorers, Carey for example?

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The quality of Liiga took a hit when Jokerit went to the KHL. It's actually turned into a pretty good league for Junior aged players to develop, but it's a ways off from the NHL.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Do we know if there’s a Euro clause in there so he may stay in Liiga or SHL or the league he was playing in? If not, I assume he’s coming to LHV.

Apparently he will be staying in NA after training camp. No proper role for him in his Finnish team and if he's good enough to play at that level then Finnish U20/the second tier men's league is not good enough to really develop him anymore. So, AHL it is to start with I guess.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Apparently he will be staying in NA after training camp. No proper role for him in his Finnish team and if he's good enough to play at that level then Finnish U20/the second tier men's league is not good enough to really develop him anymore. So, AHL it is to start with I guess.

He won't get a proper role at 18 years old in the AHL under a brand new coach with zero head coaching experience either.

He's definitely be better off in Finland, even if with a different organization.

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m glad he’s coming to NA. It will be easier to get a read on him in Sudbury & he can start acclimating himself to the new environment. The Flyers can also keep in closer contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad