Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (spring is in the air)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Now 3-2 Rebels...scored in the PP.

Myers was out killing it, even went end to end rush to kill time, went off on a change while puck was in Rebels end, then they come up the ice against next D unit, and score.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Myers to the box for a crosscheck into the boards.

Lol...um...yeah...40 minutes ago.

Maybe I should not comment since it seems like you guys are delayed in getting the feed. Sorry if I ruined anything for you. Will let you watch in peace.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Don't think many were expecting RN to lose to Red Deer. If Brandon manages to beat London, it should make things very interesting. That said, if they can't pull off a win, they are in a tough spot.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Red deer came prepared and knew it was close to do or die for them. Red deer was coming on late in the London game and continued playing that way after a rough first period. Brandon had a lot of momentum from the third of the Royan Noranda game, and will need to carry that for any chance of beating London. A loss to London will put them in 4rth a very tough spot to be in.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Can I ask a question? What if the host team is god awful. Is it really all that fun to be in this thing?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can I ask a question? What if the host team is god awful. Is it really all that fun to be in this thing?

They announce it ahead of time well before the year starts who's going to be the host team. So that team knows they have a spot in it no matter what so they're typically more active in adding pieces throughout the offseason & in season to improve the team.

They do a bidding process between teams of whatever league it is turn to host the tournament. They typically just give the bid to the team with the most resources. Windsor was announced recently as the host team for next year for example. They had a good youngish team this year that should improve next plus whatever they bring in going forward. They own the rights to Clayton Keller so they'll probably be hoping an NHL team that drafts him will turn him into the OHL route.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
They announce it ahead of time well before the year starts who's going to be the host team. So that team knows they have a spot in it no matter what so they're typically more active in adding pieces throughout the offseason & in season to improve the team.

They do a bidding process between teams of whatever league it is turn to host the tournament. They typically just give the bid to the team with the most resources. Windsor was announced recently as the host team for next year for example. They had a good youngish team this year that should improve next plus whatever they bring in going forward. They own the rights to Clayton Keller so they'll probably be hoping an NHL team that drafts him will turn him into the OHL route.

So it kind of just works out that the host team is better than average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad