Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (spring is in the air)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It will be really nice someday if forwards get jammed up on the breakout that the guy with the puck will actually be able to outlet the puck to the weakside defenseman to skate the puck out of the zone and be a threat in transition. I saw the difference it made when Gostisbehere came up and having guys like Provorov, Sanheim, and even Myers capable of getting involved in the rush will be huge for this team at even strength. I get Nick Schultz has a role on this team, but the opponent wants those guys on the ice because they're never a threat when they have the puck.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Even MDZ is nice and a threat on the rush. That's where he scores his goals. But yeah, having 5 mobile Dmen will be a blessing. Especially when only 1 is considered "small".

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nolan Patrick doesn't really strike me as a great potential #1 overall pick. Maybe the bar has just been set way too high the last couple of years so that's clouding my judgement though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He's in the Sam Reinhart mold.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. They were talking about him pre-game & hyping him up pretty good. Colby Armstrong then rained on the parade by saying he talked to a buddy of his who was an NHL scout who suggested he would go #4 in this years draft if eligible. Damien Cox was none to pleased by that statement. :laugh:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah Cox said he would go #2 this year. No shot.

He might go #1 next year, but we have gotten spoiled the last 2 years with McDavid and Matthews at the top. He's not at that level.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

I guess guys in that mold should be used to getting shut down by teams with Flyers defensemen. Last year Reinhart was a no show in a series against a guy who gets traded on this board every other day.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I saw a few Brandon games and Patrick is much better than Reinhart. He's a lot bigger and faster and can dominate games. He's a year from his draft year so tonight might just be him having a learning experience at a big tourney that is usually dominated by 19 yr olds. He still managed a lot of great chances, shots and passes. I can see him challenging for the #1 next year no problem.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he was born four days earlier he would have been in this year's draft so he's not that young as his draft year would suggest. I've seen people compare him to Toews but even then I think Toews is more naturally skilled & a better skater. Patrick looked pretty slow out there tonight.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
If he was born four days earlier he would have been in this year's draft so he's not that young as his draft year would suggest. I've seen people compare him to Toews but even then I think Toews is more naturally skilled & a better skater. Patrick looked pretty slow out there tonight.

Patrick reminds me of a young Joe Thorton... he will be a good one no doubt

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
People on the main boards are saying Myers outplayed Provorov is that true?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
People on the main boards are saying Myers outplayed Provorov is that true?

I thought he was was. But RN was better overall as well. Provy had a good 3rd period but I thought he held back in the 1st 2 periods. Only 1 goal against was he in a near position to stop it. He went up near the blueline to pressure a guy and the puck came down to where he usually would be and he was late getting to the guy before he scored.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I thought he was was. But RN was better overall as well. Provy had a good 3rd period but I thought he held back in the 1st 2 periods. Only 1 goal against was he in a near position to stop it. He went up near the blueline to pressure a guy and the puck came down to where he usually would be and he was late getting to the guy before he scored.
That puck took a really fluky bounce off the board though. It went right to Meier.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
That puck took a really fluky bounce off the board though. It went right to Meier.

Agreed. Provorov went to the front of the net, where he was supposed to be, and the puck bounced behind the net right to Meier on the goal line. Not really on Provorov.

I thought Provorov played a good game. RN wasn't getting much when he was out there and he had several good chances in the first period that just missed: either rockets from the slot or long wristers through a crowd. He took a borderline interference penalty after the goalie mishandled the puck on a PP.

His passing is off the charts - he may play a lot better at the NHL level where some of the guys will be able to handle them (i.e. all but Simmonds LOL!).

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
What I noticed about the Royan Noranda v Brandon game was, one of the guys RN was trying to shutdown was provorov. He took oh 3-4 hits yesterday, but he absorbed them, and when he is back to his normal game, he is a great dman. When our nhl team improves on the ice when we add our high quality prospects, their will be more guys on our team the opponent will try to knock off their game. But our strategy is going to make it difficult, with the quality of d we will soon have. How does a team shutdown 4 high end d men, then they have to worry about our forwards. We are going to be a very difficult team to scheme against.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Is the game being shown an hour behind live action? Says game starts at 8, but they already have 1st period highlights going in the game thread on Prospects Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad