Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Late 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'm interested to see if the phantoms copy yeo's changes or if the dumping and chasing continues once they resume play

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
how many prospects were givin away for free to keep a AHL signing or crappy wavier pick up ??? remember hes only been here three years

Friedman, who at 25 is the #8 D-man on the Pens.
NAK and his penalties
That's pretty much it.

Kase and Vorobyev are still Flyers, though their performance this season suggests they'll never be asked back.
Twarysnki was lost in the ED

We still have rights to most of the players drafted from 2014-18, they're either in the AHL (Sandstrom, Allison, Bunnaman, Hogberg, Ratcliffe, Ustimenko, Strome, Sushko, Wylie, Ersson) the SHL (Lycksell, Ginning), the KHL (Fedotov), NCAA (N Cates, St Ivany) or IR (Laczynski)

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
does NAK only have penalties on Colorado or has he had points as well. Just curious as they are clearly better than us why would a better team want a cast off from a worse team????

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
does NAK only have penalties on Colorado or has he had points as well. Just curious as they are clearly better than us why would a better team want a cast off from a worse team????

Injuries. Matteau is on IR, Compher will miss a month. Same reason Hextall claimed Friedman.
NAK is playing 10:59 in Colorado.

When Farabee and Allison return, NAK would have sat here or been waived, same will happen to MacEwen

Lindblom - Couts - TK
Frost - G - Atkinson
Farabee - Hayes - JVR
Brassard - Laughton - Allison
Brown, MacEwen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
so instead of answering a question we write excuses

liars lie

I gave you an answer based on facts, you just didn't like it.
NAK is going to score more on Colorado, so would MacEwen or any other Flyer forward.
They have great talent and play a wide open game.
And unlike Sanheim, Makar can actually finish.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Allison and especially Farabee probably won't be back on the team till after Christmas.

Wouldn't matter, because the team is going to struggle until January.

Yeo won't be able to have a real practice until the 13th, he then has two home games 3 days apart which will allow a couple practices, then they go to Pitt, six day holiday break, then a 4 game road trip out West, and finally come home January 6 for an extended homestand.

So you figure he can only implement simple changes until January, when he'll finally be able to install a new scheme.
Next long road stretch isn't until mid-March, most of the travel in January and February are short trips, Boston, NYI twice, Buffalo, Detroit and in each case, then back to Philly.

2/1 to 2/23 is the Olympic break - but stay tuned to see if that's cancelled due to COVID.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Wouldn't matter, because the team is going to struggle until January.

Yeo won't be able to have a real practice until the 13th, he then has two home games 3 days apart which will allow a couple practices, then they go to Pitt, six day holiday break, then a 4 game road trip out West, and finally come home January 6 for an extended homestand.

So you figure he can only implement simple changes until January, when he'll finally be able to install a new scheme.
Next long road stretch isn't until mid-March, most of the travel in January and February are short trips, Boston, NYI twice, Buffalo, Detroit and in each case, then back to Philly.

2/1 to 2/23 is the Olympic break - but stay tuned to see if that's cancelled due to COVID.

Count me among those hoping that both Fletcher and Yeo along with him are shown the door by Christmas and render this a moot point.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I gave you an answer based on facts, you just didn't like it.
NAK is going to score more on Colorado, so would MacEwen or any other Flyer forward.
They have great talent and play a wide open game.
And unlike Sanheim, Makar can actually finish.
i asked what else has nak done besides penalties on COL. you didnt answer it you stated things that werent asked about

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
i asked what else has nak done besides penalties on COL. you didnt answer it you stated things that werent asked about

"Just curious as they are clearly better than us why would a better team want a cast off from a worse team"

Which I answered.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Count me among those hoping that both Fletcher and Yeo along with him are shown the door by Christmas and render this a moot point.
I’m really hoping that Scott understands that the restructure in Philly needs to include changes down the line into the minors. Laperriere, even with Murray’s help, isn’t the guy to coach and develop young talent. With Fletcher, enough has been said about his deficiencies. He keeps showing more of them on a daily basis. The same with Flahr. A big broom is needed in the organization.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
Allison and especially Farabee probably won't be back on the team till after Christmas.

Allison is coming back from a high ankle sprain. Has there been a player on any team that’s come back and been effective right away. Usually it’s the following season when they bounce back

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’m really hoping that Scott understands that the restructure in Philly needs to include changes down the line into the minors. Laperriere, even with Murray’s help, isn’t the guy to coach and develop young talent. With Fletcher, enough has been said about his deficiencies. He keeps showing more of them on a daily basis. The same with Flahr. A big broom is needed in the organization.

Flahr? What's wrong with the drafting the last three seasons?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
High ankle sprain covers a really wide range of injury, but I don't think it needs a 12 month period for full recovery. That's more for ACL injuries.

Science of Sport: What a high-ankle sprain means for Jack Eichel - Sportsnet.ca

Eichel had one in mid-October at the start of the 16-17 season, and he still played 61 games and had 57 points. First game back was November 29th.

Jack Eichel Stats and News

Eichel then got another high ankle sprain on the opposite leg on February 10, 2018, and was back playing on March 17th.

Sabres' Eichel out indefinitely with high-ankle sprain

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Flahr? What's wrong with the drafting the last three seasons?
For all the focus this board has on drafting, they are conspicuously reticent at giving Fletcher & Flahr any credit for what — to this point — looks like good drafting.

Reactions: captainpaxil

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Maybe because it won't matter much once they hit the AHL and get the skill beat out of them under the watchful eye of a non-coach who is way over his head.

A guy that Fletch appointed.

Didn't Frost have 15 points in 16 games under that non-coach?
Maybe there isn't any skill to beat out of most of their AHL players?
I mean what forward on the Phantoms would you consider a "skilled" player?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For all the focus this board has on drafting, they are conspicuously reticent at giving Fletcher & Flahr any credit for what — to this point — looks like good drafting.

It's combined with poor development and trading our best picks, both of which mitigate the only thing he might be acceptable at.

So what's the point?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's interesting that I see so much complaining about Hextall-era drafting when those picks were pretty unanimously liked at the time they were made, both by the fans and scouting services. We were ranked as having one of the best prospect pools for pretty much the entire time.

I wonder how many of the people who are now ultra-critical were critical at the time the picks were made.

Or are we just using hindsight after a mix of terrible development, some terrible luck, misuse, players not progressing, and other things that couldn't be foreseen?

It's especially funny when this is being used as an anti-rebuilding argument. As if drafting is a waste of time and Fletchers trying to build the right way.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Drafts generally look worse the further out you get, but the 2021 class looked like a dud on draft day and continues to look like one. Not surprising when you give up the 13th pick for a rental and scream "bad draft". Tuomaala has high bust potential. Overage goalie in the third round? :dunno: 4th-7th round picks lacked creativity and were guys that may have gone undrafted otherwise.

The 2020 class looks real solid, but lacks volume and I don't think you are getting a star in that draft. Guys like Foerster and Wisdom have already missed chunks of time due to Covid and injuries. I'm still an Andrae skeptic but he has produced at least. Desnoyers has shown the most progression but it's still a bottom 6 ceiling that you traded up for. McClennon is a great Junior player. We'll see what he does as a pro.

2019 - You probably have two middle of the lineup players without star potential in York and Brink. Attard might be a Risto-esque 3rd pair RHD, but he was drafted as a double re-entry and is still unsigned and can walk if he chooses. Millman was a good pick but he's missed chunks of time due to Covid and injuries. Serdyuk and Ross' rights have already expired. Brodzinksi was another re-entry who may spend 5 years at school.

Before the draft they overpaid for Braun with 41st overall + a 3. They had the 11th pick. Zegras went 9th. Just saying...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kolosov is starting in the KHL at 19, that's impressive.
The "guys that may have gone undrafted" are all having solid seasons for 18 year old defensemen.
Avon, a July birthday, has 25 points in 20 games after missing his 17 year old season.

Foerster and Wisdom also held their own in the AHL (albeit watered down a bit) at 18
Appleyard loves him some Andrae.
Desnoyers is on a 100 point pace, and is a complete player, that's a bottom six ceiling?
McClennon I'm a little more skeptical of only b/c he's playing on a juggernaut.

You rarely draft guys with "star" potential outside the top 10, York and Brink have solid starter potential.
If Attard is Risto-esque with top goal scoring skills, that's a HR where he was drafted.
Millman was a long shot based on upside, check back in three years.
Brodzinski has progressed, whether he can make it as a 4RW remains to be seen, but if he's just solid AHL depth that 's good where he was drafted.

Most drafts produce 1 starter, and maybe a marginal depth piece (200 or less NHL games).
Any draft you get two starters (without extra 1st rd picks) is above average.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
It's combined with poor development and trading our best picks, both of which mitigate the only thing he might be acceptable at.

So what's the point?
Foerster and Wisdom did surprisingly well in the AHL last season at age 19. York is at the beginning of his first true pro season except for a few games after leaving Michigan last year.

Might want to wait for their NHL careers before declaring them flops. To this point there's a lot of promise in Fletcher's drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad