Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Dec.-Jan. edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
No doubt lindblom is a talented player he came over for a few games with the phantoms at the end of last season after his shl season and was arguably the best player on the team...hopefully he makes the flyers team next season...

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Our forward lineup for the first playoff game. :thumbu:

Raffl-Giroux-Konecny
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Weise-Schenn-Simmonds
Read-Bellemare-Lyubimov
Cousins

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Both. Unless Sanheim gets a look-see this spring, but I think Hextall wants his young D to play in the AHL playoffs.
He's also like to see Myers in those playoffs, but his junior team will likely go deep in their own playoffs.

I think Myers, Sanheim and Morin all make the team next fall.
And suddenly the defense gets much bigger and faster in one fell swoop.
There'll be a year of growing pains, but I'd rather lose games with mistakes by talented rookies than declining veterans.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To strike up some conversation who makes it to the nhl first Myers or sanheim?

Sanheim. I think he's the first guy called up this season if they need an injury replacement since he would be the obvious replacement for MDZ, Streit, Ghost or Manning.

If MacDonald or Gudas got hurt, then I think Morin would be more likely. A pluasible scenario is MDZ or Streit gets traded at the deadline, then MacDonald gets hurt afterwards. So then the defense could be:

Provorov-Gudas
Manning-Streit or MDZ-Manning
Morin-Ghost

PK would be Provorov-Gudas, Morin-Manning/MDZ or Streit.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Both. Unless Sanheim gets a look-see this spring, but I think Hextall wants his young D to play in the AHL playoffs.
He's also like to see Myers in those playoffs, but his junior team will likely go deep in their own playoffs.

I think Myers, Sanheim and Morin all make the team next fall.
And suddenly the defense gets much bigger and faster in one fell swoop.
There'll be a year of growing pains, but I'd rather lose games with mistakes by talented rookies than declining veterans.

I would love that but I don't see it happening at least at the start of the year. Two at most make it out of camp IMO. Maybe Myers or whoever gets a call up midseason and stays from then on.

If guys like Morin, Sanheim, and Hagg are getting close now, it would make some sense to bring one up this season IMO.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I would love that but I don't see it happening at least at the start of the year. Two at most make it out of camp IMO. Maybe Myers or whoever gets a call up midseason and stays from then on.

If guys like Morin, Sanheim, and Hagg are getting close now, it would make some sense to bring one up this season IMO.

Has Hagg been any better this year than last? I mean, he can't be worse right?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Myers looked comfortable in TC this fall, much like Provorov the year before, unlike Sanheim, he already has a NHL body and is willing to use it, so I don't see him wasting a year in the AHL.

Provorov - Myers
Ghost - Gudas
Morin - Sanheim
Manning/Hagg

Just go with it and let them grow together.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
My viewings of Myers are limited but he sure looked good in training camp and the wjc's this year...not sure if the coaching staff will want him to go to the phantoms and work on his defense for a time or not...

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I think Hagg gets a chance before Sanheim. I feel like Sanheim will get the Morin treatment next year. Plus doesn't look like Sanhiem is getting the tough minutes yet offensively or defensively. From what I read he gets stapled to the bench late and they role out Morin and Hagg regularly. I know that's not Sanheim fault, but I feel if Hex wasn't on board with it there would of been changes by now. Plus if Hak is still here, I can't see him pairing Sanheim with Provy, Ghost, or Morin yet.

If Hagg continues to have a strong season mentality I can see Hex giving him the 6th D role next year, which at this point is his future role anyway. And unlike Sanheim, I really don't think it will hurt his development if he gets just Manning minutes.

Provy-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Amac-Hagg

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I think Hagg gets a chance before Sanheim. I feel like Sanheim will get the Morin treatment next year. Plus doesn't look like Sanhiem is getting the tough minutes yet offensively or defensively. From what I read he gets stapled to the bench late and they role out Morin and Hagg regularly. I know that's not Sanheim fault, but I feel if Hex wasn't on board with it there would of been changes by now. Plus if Hak is still here, I can't see him pairing Sanheim with Provy, Ghost, or Morin yet.

If Hagg continues to have a strong season mentality I can see Hex giving him the 6th D role next year, which at this point is his future role anyway. And unlike Sanheim, I really don't think it will hurt his development if he gets just Manning minutes.

Provy-Gudas
Morin-Ghost
Amac-Hagg

I hope this happens and we let Myers and Sanhiem over ripen in the A. ( Actually really hope by some miracle of fate Las Vegas takes Amac ). Learning D is tough and I think even if they are ready physically sometimes they are not ready mentally. Provorov is a huge exception for a teenager. One could argue that Konecny wasn't ready mentally and would have benefitted from the A if that was an option.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I was just doing a quick search through some SHL stats and I noticed that not only is Lindblom 3rd in the league in scoring but he's doing it while playing less than 16 minutes a game. There are only 3 other players in the SHL top 20 scoring playing under 16 minutes (2 of the 3 are on his team). It's even more impressive considering he's only 20 years old while nobody else in the top 20 is under 25.

If he manages to win the scoring race he would be the 2nd youngest in history to do it after "would have been a HHoFer had he not naffed off back to Europe in his prime" Kent Nilsson.

It is a hellishly hard league for younger players to put up points in, it is probably the 3rd best league on earth after NHL and KHL... just ahead of AHL... he was the highest scoring player his age or younger last year with 25 points in 48 games.

Getting above ~0.75 PPG under the age of ~24 is a pretty big deal really! Only ~2 guys a year generally manage it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think Hagg gets a chance before Sanheim. I feel like Sanheim will get the Morin treatment next year. Plus doesn't look like Sanhiem is getting the tough minutes yet offensively or defensively.

That's incorrect. Morin-Sanheim get the toughest defensive minutes. Hagg is often on the third pairing.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
If Hagg gets a full time spot before Sanheim I'll **** myself.

I could see Hagg getting the call up this season because Hextall may want Sanheim and Morin to lead the playoff run with the phantoms and continue to develop chemistry. After that Hagg just stays for next season. But that's the only scenario I can think of.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Just to play Magic 8-Ball with the defensive prospects, I anticipate Morin getting some time with the Flyers after 1-2 defensemen are dealt. He'll start with the Flyers next season. I'd give Sanheim a 60% chance to make it out of preseason in the NHL, balancing the number of young Dmen who would already be on the big club with the "loss" of Streit, Del Zotto, and Schultz.

Provorov – Gudas
MacD(%#$^&!(&*ld – Gostisbehere
Morin – Manning
Sanheim / Hagg / Alt

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Looks like Kitchener rangers and Bunnaman is in SN1 for all those Canadians out there.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I am quite happy to bet now that Hagg will look 10x the player in the NHL that he does in the AHL. He game is clearly suited to the more structured NHL setup where he doesn't have time to overthink which I think is his biggest problem in the AHL. I hope to god we never trade him, because I can almost guarantee that he will end up as a top pairing ( complimentary ) defender with someone in the NHL. He just seems to have that style that makes him look lethargic, very much like Carter did.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am quite happy to bet now that Hagg will look 10x the player in the NHL that he does in the AHL. He game is clearly suited to the more structured NHL setup where he doesn't have time to overthink which I think is his biggest problem in the AHL. I hope to god we never trade him, because I can almost guarantee that he will end up as a top pairing ( complimentary ) defender with someone in the NHL. He just seems to have that style that makes him look lethargic, very much like Carter did.

That's a tad overly optimistic..

With the surplus of LHD in the NHL, the odds of Hagg becoming a top-pairing defensemen are slim to none. But stranger things have happened I suppose.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I did emphasis the "complimentary".

Very much as a Matt Carle kind of role, or a Brayden Coburn was to Kimmo. Not the kind of player that would ever lead a pairing, but one very capable of maintaining his ability to succeed with a top pairing D.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I did emphasis the "complimentary".

Very much as a Matt Carle kind of role, or a Brayden Coburn was to Kimmo. Not the kind of player that would ever lead a pairing, but one very capable of maintaining his ability to succeed with a top pairing D.

I can see the Carle comparison. I suppose at the peak of his prime should he reach his ceiling he could be a complimentary player to a superior 1D on a top pairing. That won't be here though, not with Ivan the Great playing 1LHD for the next 10+ years :handclap:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I never thought of coburn being the complimentary piece. I always viewed it as kimmo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad