Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Autumn 2016 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
lol Lyubimov, he's 24, has a children and wife but will be playing among the prospects. :laugh:

So?

Bardreau would have played of fit and he's 23. Lyubimov will surely benefit a lot from extra time with potential teammates.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia

:yo:

STING NOTES:

Sarnia outshot Windsor by a tally of 30-23
The Sting were 3/4 on the PK and 0/3 on the powerplay
Anthony Salinitri was 16/20 in the faceoff dot

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

:yo:

STING NOTES:

Sarnia outshot Windsor by a tally of 30-23
The Sting were 3/4 on the PK and 0/3 on the powerplay
Anthony Salinitri was 16/20 in the faceoff dot

It's even better than what is posted.

Konecny had 3 goals...and an assist....and a SO goal.....in a 5-4 win.

:handclap:

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
So?

Bardreau would have played of fit and he's 23. Lyubimov will surely benefit a lot from extra time with potential teammates.

So? So nothing. Why do you need to see something more behind it? I just found it funny that he has a wife and a children and will be playing in prospects game. I thought that it is apparent with the laughing smile at the end of the sentence.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You're being unnecessarily combative, he's just making an observation. Most of the time when you think of a prospect you're thinking of a teenager or kid who wouldnt normally have a wife and kids already. That's all.

That's kind of his thing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Says the rebel bully. :laugh:

You're being unnecessarily combative, he's just making an observation. Most of the time when you think of a prospect you're thinking of a teenager or kid who wouldnt normally have a wife and kids already. That's all.

Half the squad are 20-somethings.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Says the rebel bully. :laugh:

Half the squad are 20-somethings.

He's the only one with his own family though. And before you say it is irrelevant, please, I am not saying it's something important in terms of prospects camp. I just made a comment about it because I found it funny and unexpected. It does not have to be analyzed. Take it easy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They have six other D attending, so I guess it's possible he sits out the game against the Islanders.

flyers-rookie-camp-roster-csn.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They just picked back up in the preseason in the Q. It's possible he is in or on his way to Philly. I'd imagine they expect him to participate in some fashion since he's on the roster. They took Bardreau off the roster after his injury.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, the other current college kids like Marody, Friedman and Laczynski are also missing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It could be hard to put together a team of 20 for a rookie game depending on how many of your prospects were in college, or playing in Euro leagues like Lindblom and Kase are. I bolded the guys from the prospect polls who will be attending (plus the injured Bardreau). Swavely wasn't included in the polls since he's only on an AHL contract.

Skaters
1. Provorov, Ivan (88%) LHD
2. Sanheim, Travis (75%) LHD
3. Konecny, Travis (86%) RW
4. Morin, Sam (54%) LHD

5. Rubtsov, German (79%) C - KHL
6. Myers, Phil (56%) RHD
7. Lindblom, Oskar (54%) LW/RW - SHL
8. Laberge, Pascal (68%) C/RW
9. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas (63%) LW/RW

10. Allison, Wade (43%) RW - NCAA
11. Hagg, Robert (55%) LHD - too experienced
12. Friedman, Mark (51%) RHD - NCAA
13. Vorobyov, Mikhail (49%) C - KHL
14. Leier, Taylor (58%) LW - too experienced
15. Fazleev, Radel (62%) C
16. Marody, Cooper (19%) C - NCAA
17. Bardreau, Cole (21%, 55%) C
18. Kase, David (40%) C/W - Czech
19. Martel, Danick (26%) W
20. Hogberg, Linus (40%) LHD - SHL

Goalies
1. Stolarz, Anthony (75%) - too experienced
2. Sandstrom, Felix (43%) - SHL
3. Hart, Carter (74%)
4. Lyon, Alex (91%)

5. Madsen, Merrick (64%) - NCAA
6. Tomek, Matej (59%) - NCAA
7. Fedotov, Ivan - KHL

Unselected skaters
Alt, Mark - too experienced
Amorosa, Terrance - NCAA
Bernhardt, David - SHL
Bunnaman, Connor
Dove-McFalls, Samuel

Drake, David - NCAA
Goulbourne, Tyrell
Laczynski, Tanner - NCAA
Lyubimov, Roman
Pettersson, Jesper - too experienced
Salinitri, Anthony
Straka, Petr - too experienced
Twarynski, Carson
Weal, Jordan - too experienced
Willcox, Reece
Vasiliev, Valeri - KHL

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I was kind of hoping Allison would ditch WMU for Brandon but I guess that's even more unlikely now.

He might have been better served going to Brandon, especially if it means playing alongside Nolan Patrick. WMU's program looks to be a work in progress and with last season's 8-25-3 record, there's a lot of work to do. Allison might be a better player as a result of going through some adversity or he might falter under the pressure of trying to help lift the program to prominence. Definitely a situation that bears watching.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Can a college player leave college and go to the AHL under 20 or is that under 20 rule only applicable to kids overseas?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can a college player leave college and go to the AHL under 20 or is that under 20 rule only applicable to kids overseas?

That's just for the CHL/NHL agreement in which only applies to kids drafted out of the CHL. The AHL doesn't have a rule restricting 18 or 19 year olds from playing in the league. Any non-CHL kid can legally play in the AHL as a teenager from the NHL's & AHL's standpoint.

So in this instance yes, a player leaving college as a teenager could legally play in the AHL right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad