Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Autumn 2016 edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So J Weal cracks in at 16th best U25 over on BSH. Someone even voted him 7th, which is the amazing part. Coots, Ghost, Sanheim, Konecny, Provorov, Morin....Weal?

Yea. I was messing with one the writers about this. She said that its averaged writer & reader. So I can see why some can get a little off.

I mean, he technically has more value than somebody we just drafted. Id have a hard time arguing that Weal at his age and experience can't be better than a 17/18 year old who's played against teens.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So J Weal cracks in at 16th best U25 over on BSH. Someone even voted him 7th, which is the amazing part. Coots, Ghost, Sanheim, Konecny, Provorov, Morin....Weal?

I had to check because it sounded so off, but it's true. What in the world is the justification for that?! Travis has Fazleev over Myers, Laberge, Friedman, etc too. Friedman didn't make some top 25s and Vorobyov finished 30th behind Bardreau, Madsen, Marody, Martel, Lyon, and Mark bleeping Alt?!

I genuinely like BSH's NHL level coverage, especially Charlie's tracking data, but we would absolutely roast this if it were an HF article, and rightly so. Oof.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I had to check because it sounded so off, but it's true. What in the world is the justification for that?! Travis has Fazleev over Myers, Laberge, Friedman, etc too. Friedman didn't make some top 25s and Vorobyov finished 30th behind Bardreau, Madsen, Marody, Martel, Lyon, and Mark bleeping Alt?!

I genuinely like BSH's NHL level coverage, especially Charlie's tracking data, but we would absolutely roast this if it were an HF article, and rightly so. Oof.

I really don't see Fazleev a problem over Myers (who just had 1 good year), Laberge ( who was just drafted) and Friedman who arguably doesn't play against as tough competition at times, nor does it do it for long.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I really don't see Fazleev a problem over Myers (who just had 1 good year), Laberge ( who was just drafted) and Friedman who arguably doesn't play against as tough competition at times, nor does it do it for long.

I know I'm higher on Friedman than most.

To argue for Fazleev over Myers and Laberge, you need to overcome a titanic difference in upside with certainty. I like Fazleev, but what's his ceiling? Elite 4C? Solid 3C? How confident are you he will come close to it after 30 games of international tournaments spread over 4 years and 3 WHL seasons? I like the guy and I believe I voted for him a few times in our pools before he won, but that's stretching the borders of reasonable.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Fazleev has no business being over Myers. Not even close to Myers as a prospect.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Have you ever seen any of them play?

I havent seen Friedman yet but ive see the other 3 and Fazleev is not in the same league as Laberge and Myers.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Ok, so maybe you guys are viewing it completely different. Fazleev has value right now. Literally tomorrow, he has value, he can play on the big club if possible.

Laberge and Myers can't, they are prospects as you said, higher ceiling, but right now.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That's not a good way of looking at it. Every player at every level has level. Just because a guy is eligible to play pro hockey, doesn't mean he has more value. Does anyone think Fazleev is more valuable than Rubtsov? I don't think so. In theory, yes Fazleev could play in the NHL this year, but he's not ready for that and I don't think you could definitively say he's closer to the NHL than Myers.

Laberge and Myers could play for the big club this season fwiw.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That's not a good way of looking at it. Every player at every level has level. Just because a guy is eligible to play pro hockey, doesn't mean he has more value. Does anyone think Fazleev is more valuable than Rubtsov? I don't think so. In theory, yes Fazleev could play in the NHL this year, but he's not ready for that and I don't think you could definitively say he's closer to the NHL than Myers.

Laberge and Myers could play for the big club this season fwiw.

Technically they can, but there is absolutely no way they would. There is some % of a chance that Fazleev plays, it might be 1%, but Laberge and Myers are easily set at 0%.

But I definitely get your point. I'm just trying to see how they may have come up with it. I compare it to the HF boards vote, but obviously that was strictly prospects, they are lining up all players under 25. So Coots & Ghost are going to be 1/2

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ok, so maybe you guys are viewing it completely different. Fazleev has value right now. Literally tomorrow, he has value, he can play on the big club if possible.

Laberge and Myers can't, they are prospects as you said, higher ceiling, but right now.

Thats not how youre supposed to rate prospects..

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Is there anyone missing from that list that is surprising?

Max Jones? Carson Wentz? Robert Hagg? Hagg has played 2 years in the AHL though, if that was even who you're referencing (if not him then I have no clue). Based on other non-invites, it seems that's the cut off, age regardless.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wouldn't be surprised if Roman plays on the top line, but wouldn't be opposed to a top line consisting of NAK, Konecny, & Laberge

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is there anyone missing from that list that is surprising?

I guess Hagg. He was at the July camp but isn't here at this one. Lyubimov was the opposite though. Bardreau's hurt which we found out earlier in the week so that explains his absence. Other than that though it looks about right.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks.

Hagg was the guy I couldn't thinK of, I just thought the D looked a bit light.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Rubtsov's stats today: 8:25 TOI, 1/2 on the dot and was on the ice for a goal against in a 3-2 loss.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

So he has a history of walking out on his club when things don't go well. That's got some flags right there. There's some talent though. He and McFadden are both the same size. McFadden seems to be a character guy though.

http://guelphstorm.com/article/play...uelph-storm-defenceman-to-take-on-stereotypes

He also scored 40 points on a horrible Guelph team. Might be worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad