Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He did make big moves already with Hayes and Niskanen, he just didn’t trade any prospects. The reason was the same as it is now - the team just had a bad season, especially defensively.

No big trades involving prospects. Not that I think he for sure will this summer. But it’s a lot lore likely than in years past.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There will most definitely be prime assets moved this summer.

Does Patrick count as a prime asset?

York and Frost would still be their two best prospects and I don't think York is available, while Frost's value has been reduced for the time being by missing an entire season.

1. Frost, Morgan - 80%
2. York, Cam - 71%
3. Zamula, Yegor - 48%
4. Brink, Bobby - 73%
5. Foerster, Tyson - 53%
6. Andrae, Emil - 40%
7. Laczynski, Tanner - 46%
8. Allison, Wade - 37%
9. Millman, Mason - 36%
10. Cates, Noah - 32%
11. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 22%
12. O'Brien' Jay - 52% RUNOFF
13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%
16. Desnoyers, Elliot - 42%
17. Bunnaman, Connor - 43%
18. McClennon, Connor - 23%
19. Wylie, Wyatte - 43%
20. Wisdom, Zayde - 38%
21. Sushko, Maxim - 41%
22. Attard, Ronnie - 28%
23. St. Ivany, Jack - 37%
24. Lycksell, Olle - 47%
25. Twarynski, Carson - 58%

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Does Patrick count as a prime asset?

York and Frost would still be their two best prospects and I don't think York is available, while Frost's value has been reduced for the time being by missing an entire season.

1. Frost, Morgan - 80%
2. York, Cam - 71%
3. Zamula, Yegor - 48%
4. Brink, Bobby - 73%
5. Foerster, Tyson - 53%
6. Andrae, Emil - 40%
7. Laczynski, Tanner - 46%
8. Allison, Wade - 37%
9. Millman, Mason - 36%
10. Cates, Noah - 32%
11. Ratcliffe, Isaac - 22%
12. O'Brien' Jay - 52% RUNOFF
13. Hogberg, Linus - 32%
14. Rubtsov, German - 41%
15. Kase, David - 35%
16. Desnoyers, Elliot - 42%
17. Bunnaman, Connor - 43%
18. McClennon, Connor - 23%
19. Wylie, Wyatte - 43%
20. Wisdom, Zayde - 38%
21. Sushko, Maxim - 41%
22. Attard, Ronnie - 28%
23. St. Ivany, Jack - 37%
24. Lycksell, Olle - 47%
25. Twarynski, Carson - 58%
with us trying to fix our C depth for years, I don't see Frost or Patrick getting moved...unless another C is coming our way.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Eichel suffered a herniated disk in his neck, uh, let's not be hasty here.
It's not like he's an elite player, yes, he can score, but he's not an elite scorer and he's definitely not a Selke candidate.
So he's Voracek as a center? Guy who gives you 50+ ES points, plays on PP1 but also offers mediocre defense.
And with a medical red flag.

I'm not against the move, I'm against overpaying and thinking he'll be a difference maker.
2022 1st, one solid young player, one second tier prospect or a 2nd rd pick.
Though knowing the Flyers luck, they'll include Patrick in the deal and he'll proceed to outplay Eichel over the rest of the decade.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
It's not like he's an elite player, yes, he can score, but he's not an elite scorer and he's definitely not a Selke candidate.
So he's Voracek as a center? Guy who gives you 50+ ES points, plays on PP1 but also offers mediocre defense.

I'm not against the move, I'm against overpaying and thinking he'll be a difference maker.
Though knowing the Flyers luck, they'll include Patrick in the deal and he'll proceed to outplay Eichel over the rest of the decade.
That herniated disk issue bothers me too. No guarantees there. He is better than your Voracek at center comment. Not elite? I agree. Elite potetial? maybe. Worth the chance if his back/neck are good to go? Yes. I worry about neck and back issues though.
Provorov and Patrick would be part of the deal. Probably Frost too. I don't think we are getting Eichel. Someone will way over pay.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
That herniated disk issue bothers me too. No guarantees there. He is better than your Voracek at center comment. Not elite? I agree. Elite potetial? maybe. Worth the chance if his back/neck are good to go? Yes. I worry about neck and back issues though.
Provorov and Patrick would be part of the deal. Probably Frost too. I don't think we are getting Eichel. Someone will way over pay.
It's kinda like the Eric Karlson thing , you are going to have Risk in there and i'm not sure I like the risk .

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And Eichel has a $10M cap hit the next five years, for that money, just overpay Hamilton.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'd want a fourth or fifth opinion on Eichel's neck. If they have to do a fusion surgery, you're looking at a minimum of one year. There have been numerous wrestlers that have had the fusion surgery and then you look at a guy like Kurt Angle and his arms are atrophic and he can barely turn his head. If the Flyers are smart, they stay away from Eichel. Let Boston or New York grossly overpay for him. Maybe I'm old, but continue to build through the draft, have a ton of depth at all positions, then deal from positions of strength that won't break your farm system.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

The one thing this franchise BETTER not do is trade its 2022 or 2023 1st rd pick!!!!!!!!!!! These are generational drafts coming up, unless Hart plays like a top 3 goalie we have a slow team being led by aging stars in the toughest division to make the playoffs in (for at least the next 2 seasons until the Caps and Pens fall apart. Trade this years first ++ but in case things collapse again and we go all out tank in 2022 or 23 you do not trade that god damn pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: orangey

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'd want a fourth or fifth opinion on Eichel's neck. If they have to do a fusion surgery, you're looking at a minimum of one year. There have been numerous wrestlers that have had the fusion surgery and then you look at a guy like Kurt Angle and his arms are atrophic and he can barely turn his head. If the Flyers are smart, they stay away from Eichel. Let Boston or New York grossly overpay for him. Maybe I'm old, but continue to build through the draft, have a ton of depth at all positions, then deal from positions of strength that won't break your farm system.

Lol yeah thats been working swimmingly these past 7 years

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

In what world is Eichel "not elite?"

Do I even have to guess who said that?

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In what world is Eichel elite, unless the word has become meaningless.
52nd in scoring in 2017-18
23rd in scoring in 2018-19
10th in scoring 2019-20, when he shot well above his career average

So one season he's near the top in scoring.
He's a mediocre defender.
He doesn't kill penalties.
He was off to a good start in 2021, but got injured before it was a big enough sample to trust.

You want a list of elite forwards?
McDavid, Panarin, Marchand, Matthews, Marner, Stone, MacKinnon, Barkov, Couts, Bergeron, Barzal, Crosby, Ovechkin, Giroux
I leave out guys like Draisaitl and Kane because their defense is so bad.
I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but a list like this should be short to have any meaning.

Could Eichel become elite? Maybe. First his neck has to check out, then you need to do some deep digging on his character, is he driven to win or just content to collect his paycheck and rack up individual numbers.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The notion that you wouldn't want to pursue a bona fide elite 24 year old 1C under contract for 5 more years boggles the mind. Especially for a team where the glaring future hole is 1C.

He's going to get traded for relative peanuts. Go all in on this.
I don’t know why this isn’t a more common thought around here. Eichel will never return what HFers thing he will. Whoever acquired him will essentially steal a top 10 center for peanuts on the dollar. There shouldn’t be any hesitation by the flyers to try and acquire him. Their first rounder is a pretty good starting point. Then take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad