News: Phaneuf says teams have reached out after buyout

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
As a Bruins fan I hope Toronto or Montreal sign him and then plays him a lot. :nod:
I heard Boston wants him to play with Chara....

Crazy how things changed after his first 4-5 seasons when most of his offensive production was put up.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Washed up Hockey player.
His actress wife plays the wife of a washed up football player named Colt Bennett in the tv series 'The Ranch'.
So Dion will retire to work on a ranch ?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Jan 21, 2018
As a Bruins fan I hope Toronto or Montreal sign him and then plays him a lot. :nod:

Leafs will sign him to play on the bottom pair. And then babcock will bench Reilly in Game 7 against Boston giving Phaneuf 60 minutes of ice time.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I can't for the life of me guess who would sign me.
Whoever gets him (PLZ NOT EDMONTON) I pray for their fanbase that it's for less than 2M per season.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He still has something to offer as a vet #6/7 D. He was a solid #4 for Ottawa during their playoff run and was decent at the end of the yr with LA last year too. I’d say he’s played like a #4 for half of the last 3 yrs but most of that time came at the very start of that period. Don’t think he can play 20 mins anymore but I still think he has something to offer especially if insulated i’m the right bottom pairing role

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
"Take anything"
DarlingHelpfulHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets giving away Trouba and now Myers is walking. Dion would be a welcomed addition to the the "peg". I'd argue Wheels gives up the "C" to disco. Maybe laine would smarten up as well.
Put the bottle down it’s not even noon

Reactions: BatVader

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd take him at 700K to be the #6/7 on the leafs. If it doesnt work out he can finish the year with the marlies

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
This sounds exactly like a player that doesn't get any calls should. Try to pretend that all GMs are stupid and that if a different team seems something in him, other teams would too.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wouldn't be surprised if TB kicks this tire, if, and only if, he would take a very cheap contract. The Girardi deal was a moderate success after we were told he was the worst defenseman in the league. Phaneuf plays the right (or at least he did in Toronto) and right now we have Jan Rutta penciled in there. He had a couple of bright spots last year but was over all atrocious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad