Post-Game Talk: pgt

Deleted member 23124

You can complain about different parts of Kreider's game, but in front of the net on the PP, he's an elite talent, but today appears to be the day that everything must be criticized, even if it makes zero sense.
I'm mentioning what I've seen....and it's something that's been going on all season.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’d never trade Laf I know what he’s going to become. Super skilled tough kid. but I’m telling u I’m all in on trading Kakko if it helps me keep these two star right wingers for a few Cup runs. Kakko is a plug. I love the kid but he’s nothing special. Refuses to shoot the puck. Goes forever without scoring.

Goodrow Kakko Lindgren. I’d trade them all before losing these two guys we just acquired. I personally love tarasenkos game.

I dont immediately disagree with any of this. Kakko needs to start putting the puck in the net. I'm waiting for him to take the leap like Chytil did last year and he's still got time. But if it doesnt come, Brooks is not wrong in saying they could move some of the youth for similarly aged player that plays more straight ahead style.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Rangers seem to be winning the analytical battle recently despite the losses. Do with that information what you will.
Not according to NST, they've lost it almost every game during this stretch.

we're a really bad shooting team.

It sounds dumb but how about we practice shooting
I really don't think the Rangers are a bad shooting team, the problem is they don't generate enough shots and chances if anything.

Deleted member 23124

If you believe Kreider isn't a good net-front presence. there's not much to say.
I made an observation and I clearly stated I didn't understand why it was happening. I did not criticize him or comment on whether he was good or not.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
He was t
Well, this is the coach everyone these boards wanted. Including myself.

I think he is a problem. He isn't the problem. The big problem is our defense is gassed. Our we haven't iced a full team in weeks. We are injured. That is the big problem.
he was the only coach available, saying everyone wanted him is being facetious

Reactions: CLW

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I’d never trade Laf I know what he’s going to become. Super skilled tough kid. but I’m telling u I’m all in on trading Kakko if it helps me keep these two star right wingers for a few Cup runs. Kakko is a plug. I love the kid but he’s nothing special. Refuses to shoot the puck. Goes forever without scoring.

Goodrow Kakko Lindgren. I’d trade them all before losing these two guys we just acquired. I personally love tarasenkos game.
I think it would be a big mistake getting rid of Kakko or Lindgren. Lindgren is a heart and soul guy and they need to keep him. The defense is noticeably worse when he is not in the lineup. Kakko is not a plug and his line is often the best line on the ice. Sure maybe he needs to score more but I can see it coming. Right now .5 PPG player but the potential is there for significantly more. He also only makes 2.2 million this year and next. If Goodrow has to go for cap reasons I can see it but that's another guy that serves a purpose although may be a little too expensive. Lets see how the next 20 games and playoffs play out. I think they could sign 1 of them but not both.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I think hes using all situations.

Though NST is Drunk. I've stopped it all together. I don't know who or what is tracking the events for Ranger games but it isn't even close to accurate.
Oh maybe.

Idk I feel like it's been pretty accurate, for instance Ottawa certainly had the better looks than the Rangers did.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
The chances were there. Our finishing has gone to shit, minus Tarasenko.

Chytil is so streaky.

Panarin's shot is no where close to what it was.

Zibs refuses to shoot. When he does shoot, he flubs a lot of chances IMO. It's hard to complain about him but he's paid to be 'the' goal scorer.

Maybe we can be the first team to add a X's and O's coach or a 'transition/breakout' coach.
Teams should be able to add coaches at the deadline like players …. “Woahhhh, Rangers just acquired Scotty Bownan for the playoff run!!!”

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Oh maybe.

Idk I feel like it's been pretty accurate, for instance Ottawa certainly had the better looks than the Rangers did.

I just took a look at last nights numbers and I don't agree with any of it. I don't think it's as lopsided as they have it listed 5v5.

I don't think the Rangers had 10 HD looks at ES either, so there is that.

Problem with NST and a bunch of public models is that they don't go back and re-track to double check their work.

Laughable.

Alright so leaping elbows are cool.

Lets start throwing them.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Other uber-talented teams on offense do not play like us 5v5. Not even the Oilers. Gallant gave no excuses. He said we're too pretty, trying to be perfect.

Yeah but he has a pretty lineup now with the kids asked to add the muscle needed to the lineup... LMAO.

Reactions: will1066

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Love the guy in charge of player safety is someone who would regularly get 130 penalty minutes a year in his “prime.”

Reactions: UnSandvich

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Love the guy in charge of player safety is someone who would regularly get 130 penalty minutes a year in his “prime.”
"The National Hockey League takes discipline very seriously," Shanahan said. "However, it is not the job of the penalization system to make violators into better people, a task for which we believe the coach, family, and church are best suited. We are only attempting to protect law-abiding players, ensure a fair and competitive atmosphere, and provide an entertaining experience for our fans, and we think the use of the modern, safe, and clean penalty box helps us meet those goals."

MacKenzie described the NHL's position as "a farce."

"I couldn't believe what I was hearing until I realized this was coming from the notorious Shanahan, a man who served almost 2,500 penalty minutes during his playing career," Mackenzie said. "What kind of a message is the NHL sending? Get locked up enough and you, too, can be put in charge of discipline? Obviously, something is deeply wrong here."

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC

Laughable.

I can't believe this, he left his feet and launched himself into Motte's head (principal point of contact). There is no excuse and I hope the league gets sued in some years for not penalizing dangerous headshots and Gary Bettman and George Parros lose their jobs because of it

Last edited:
Reactions: KOVALEV022473

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

iu

Jan 8, 2012
NY

Amazing. Then after that they will find another reason to deny us the recall.

Although the Rangers are not blameless in this. How many games has Lindgren missed already? They could have put him on LTIR by now and made the callups themselves. Bunch of clowns running the organisation.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just took a look at last nights numbers and I don't agree with any of it. I don't think it's as lopsided as they have it listed 5v5.

I don't think the Rangers had 10 HD looks at ES either, so there is that.

Problem with NST and a bunch of public models is that they don't go back and re-track to double check their work.

Alright so leaping elbows are cool.

Let's start throwing them.
Save them for the playoffs and start unloading on all the Devils since the league just declared open season.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad