Post-Game Talk: pgt

Deleted member 23124

At the same time, they had half a period of power play time where they should have cashed in at least a couple of times with the talent that was on the ice. The reasoning that they haven't had practice time has some merit, but you can't pot even one goal with that amount of firepower just on improvisation? If they had stopped trying to force feed each other east-west...
Exactly....PP looks the same no matter who is on the ice. They don't shoot and look for rebounds....and I don't understand why Kreider is on either side of the goalie rather than in front screening when shot is taken.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Motte is definitely concussed. Would have been nice to find more out about this. Drury also needs to know what is going on with Motte. Sure, they could call someone up to replace him, but at the same time, it could open just enough room for someone better than Harpur if Motte is going to miss time.

My thinking from last night is that we're clearly feeling it around this deadline. The team knows there is a lot of pressure to win at this point. You've added a future HOF player and one of the better goal scorers the last 10 years to your roster. On top of that, playing shorthanded up front and on defense is no way to go about this.

Miller is basically getting 2 weeks off with his suspension. He should be good to go the rest of the way. His play was slipping. Lindgren getting this rest is good too, so long as his injury wasn't too serious and comes back 100% at the end of next week. The one positive out of this is Mikkola. He's getting thrown into the fire and should help him adjust to the system. More reps always helps with that. I don't think he has done poorly.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Motte died for this.

We had smoke chances to put the game away. Letting Ottawa hang around is not good

I’m gonna laugh if that rabies infested Neanderthal gets less games than KAM

Reactions: Atax

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
At the same time, they had half a period of power play time where they should have cashed in at least a couple of times with the talent that was on the ice. The reasoning that they haven't had practice time has some merit, but you can't pot even one goal with that amount of firepower just on improvisation? If they had stopped trying to force feed each other east-west...

I think we need to take into account this was the first time they’d ever taken the ice with Kane. Zero practice time. They had a ton of shots and chances too. Talbot played well. And give Ottawa credit, their special teams are excellent and they are hot right now.

If they were my kids I would have sent them to their room for a timeout. Some on this board are becoming unhinged.

they must think winning a Stanley Cup is smooth sailing with no adversity for 8 months

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Well, this is the coach everyone these boards wanted. Including myself.

I think he is a problem. He isn't the problem. The big problem is our defense is gassed. Our we haven't iced a full team in weeks. We are injured. That is the big problem.
Yes our d is gassed… but thats not an excuse the rest of the season before injuries … even last year, though we did well our advanced analytics , even the eye test, shows we get outplayed alot.

He just does not seem to be able to adapt to the players he has, or know how to put people in an effective system. We have looked disjointed for his entire tenure here except the couple of weeks after the trade deadline last year.

If we dont make it to ECF this year i hope drury fires him. This roster is too good to fail that miserablly.

Also lets see what Krav does outside NY. Blais already looks a ton better since escaping this system of stand still at the boards and swat the puck up the ice to go change lines.

Reactions: CLW

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I’m indifferent with Gallant, think the team like you said is gassed. Thankfully after tomorrow will have a few days off between games.

The forum will want the next new shiny toy and once the honeymoon is over same thing. You know how it goes. Like Gallant to get a couple of playoff runs before we move on, imo.
Yep. Then it will be, "lets get Montgomery. He is a real coach. Look at what he is doing with the Bruins!" If we get Montgomery, this board will pick him apart by game 14 and be clamoring for the next shiny toy.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think we need to take into account this was the first time they’d ever taken the ice with Kane. Zero practice time. They had a ton of shots and chances too. Talbot played well. And give Ottawa credit, their special teams are excellent and they are hot right now.

they must think winning a Stanley Cup is smooth sailing with no adversity for 8 months
They do. They absof***inglutely do.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Bittersweet night. We found our way into a Lexus Suite for the 2nd period. Best god damn ice cream sandwich I've ever had.

As far as the game, tough game. Like I said, avoid the -170 line it came out at (or the -155 it closed). Ottawa a young team with a lot of rightfully placed confidence right now. Chucky an absolute menace, would love that kid in Broadway blue.

I can understand new players needing time to gel, but get Kane away from Panarin at EVS now. That was painful to watch. I am hoping/thinking Art will start shooting more maybe, but the pond hockey shinny style hockey isn't gonna cut it.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I'm really concerned about this teams motivation and confidence levels - we might stumble our way through the first or even second round but there's no way we're winning more than one game against a team like Boston that is just in a different stratosphere when it comes to fundamentals and meshing as a team. Gallent's biggest strength is cheerleading and based on the on ice demeanor I'm seeing from the players he hasn't even been able to do as much. I feel like when we do win most of the time it's just getting by with skill - there just doesn't seem to be any kind of consistent game plan or strategies being implemented.

Right now our team is as sexy as been in decades on paper but the product on ice is worrisome. Even with the injuries good teams should be able to gather themselves and not fall apart like we did last night. Anyway, I hope things improve but I have a feeling we're going to get a reality check come post season and will have to seriously consider replacing Gallant next season.

Reactions: CLW

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
All I know…

Ottawa is going to be a big problem for us for a long while.

People talk about Jersey…. Ottawa.

They will be our kryptonite… maybe they’re sold and brought to Houston

Ottawa is on the come up right as Tampa and Boston will presumably come back to the pack. They have a much better outlook than Detroit and Buffalo imo. Tkachuk will be(is?) a star player in this league. The Chychrun trade was great work by Dorion, now they need to get DeBrincat signed. They are doing this without their top center Norris as well.

I've always enjoyed the Rangers-Senators rivalry. They are a fun and worthy opponent and we've had some great games and playoff matchups against them. We'll be common enemies over the next few years, so Lafreniere and the boys need to hit the weight room.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They win this game 4-1 with Miller/Lindgren and on full or equal rest. I think the freaking out is a bit premature.
They got humiliated by 2 awful teams Detroit and Washington with Miller and Lindgren and full rest.

They just suck right now and have for about a month now

Reactions: EdJovanovski

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I'm really concerned about this teams motivation and confidence levels - we might stumble our way through the first or even second round but there's no way we're winning more than one game against a team like Boston that is just in a different stratosphere when it comes to fundamentals and meshing as a team. Gallent's biggest strength is cheerleading and based on the on ice demeanor I'm seeing from the players he hasn't even been able to do as much. I feel like when we do win most of the time it's just getting by with skill - there just doesn't seem to be any kind of consistent game plan or strategies being implemented.

Right now our team is as sexy as been in decades on paper but the product on ice is worrisome. Even with the injuries good teams should be able to gather themselves and not fall apart like we did last night. Anyway, I hope things improve but I have a feeling we're going to get a reality check come post season and will have to seriously consider replacing Gallant next season.

I really could not be less concerned about the team's motivation to win. I don't understand why our team get the rap that they lack motivation. There's mountains of evidence to the contrary.

They do need to get the defensive structure figured out, but the team is so disjointed from the trades and roster moves, the last 20 games is nothing more than the pre-season/training camp for the playoffs imo. We're too talented to lose enough for Pittsburgh or anyone to catch us. Im just hoping the Devils catch the Hurricanes and we end with a lesser first round opponent.

They got humiliated by 2 awful teams Detroit and Washington with Miller and Lindgren and full rest.

8-2-2 in January, 7-3-1 in February.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I really could not be less concerned about the team's motivation to win. I don't understand why our team get the rap that they lack motivation. There's mountains of evidence to the contrary.

They do need to get the defensive structure figured out, but the team is so disjointed from the trades and roster moves, the last 20 games is nothing more than the pre-season/training camp for the playoffs imo. We're too talented to lose enough for Pittsburgh or anyone to catch us. Im just hoping the Devils catch the Hurricanes and we end with a lesser first round opponent.

8-2-2 in January, 7-3-1 in February.
Great. This team is loaded with talent, we squeak out wins by the skin of our teeth against inferior opposition.

I can look beyond wins and losses. Wednesday night against Philly was far more alarming than last night vs Ottawa.

This team needs to win a cup, not just finish with a winning record to be considered a success.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Eh a month is overstating it. They were 7-3-1 in February and were playing well for most of that time - their play started to dip with that win in Vancouver where we kept letting them hang around but that may have been more on Igor for being a sieve that night.

They're been rough for the past two weeks. Still 4-4-1 in that stretch. With the injuries and the 11F 5D and with Igor really struggling lately and all the distractions - it's been a rough go of it for sure. Not to mention the schedule being utter dog shit with the back to backs, 3 games in 4 nights with travel.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Great. This team is loaded with talent, we squeak out wins by the skin of our teeth against inferior opposition.

I can look beyond wins and losses. Wednesday night against Philly was far more alarming than last night vs Ottawa.

This team needs to win a cup, not just finish with a winning record to be considered a success.

Exactly. It doesnt matter how they play to end this season. They will be measured by the playoffs.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Exactly. It doesnt matter how they play to end this season. They will be measured by the playoffs.
I find it hard to believe a team can coast for 5 months and then “turn it on” just like that come game 1 of the playoffs. At some point they need to start building momentum. After this mini break next week would be a good time to start.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I find it hard to believe a team can coast for 5 months and then “turn it on” just like that come game 1 of the playoffs. At some point they need to start building momentum. After this mini break next week would be a good time to start.

I hardly think they are coasting

Reactions: JimmyG89

Deleted member 23124

Tell Jimmy The Dolt that.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Yes, would be great. Ottawa is a tough team and finishes all their checks - would be good if they soften the Bruins up a little.

On another note, Stutzle looks so good. Every time he had the puck, I was nervous. How is it that our top 2 picks don't inspire that same feeling from the opposition. One really does have to wonder what is going on with the Rangers forward development. It's like they want all the young kids to be 3rd line grinders first and then go from there. Really weird.

We would have probably turned McDavid into Michael Grabner.
I agree. Our organization does not get the best out of young, potentially high-end forwards.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I agree. Our organization does not get the best out of young, potentially high-end forwards.
It’s pretty obvious. Stützle was allowed to go out there and be completely useless defensively and even offensively at even strength and just work on his game. Laf was late on a back check once and Quinn banished him to the 4th line for a month.

But it’s also tied to having guys like Zibanejad , Kreider, Panarin on the team.

The devils and Sens had no high price vets who would complain if the kids got free reign. Same thing happens in LA .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad