Post-Game Talk: pgt

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Ottawa is on the come up right as Tampa and Boston will presumably come back to the pack. They have a much better outlook than Detroit and Buffalo imo. Tkachuk will be(is?) a star player in this league. The Chychrun trade was great work by Dorion, now they need to get DeBrincat signed. They are doing this without their top center Norris as well.

I've always enjoyed the Rangers-Senators rivalry. They are a fun and worthy opponent and we've had some great games and playoff matchups against them. We'll be common enemies over the next few years, so Lafreniere and the boys need to hit the weight room.
I'd trade DeBrincat. Get another defenseman or bigboy.

I could see something like DeBrincat for PLD swap

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Yes, would be great. Ottawa is a tough team and finishes all their checks - would be good if they soften the Bruins up a little.

On another note, Stutzle looks so good. Every time he had the puck, I was nervous. How is it that our top 2 picks don't inspire that same feeling from the opposition. One really does have to wonder what is going on with the Rangers forward development. It's like they want all the young kids to be 3rd line grinders first and then go from there. Really weird.

We would have probably turned McDavid into Michael Grabner.
Stutzle's skating is elite, the other two not so much, it's a problem.

Reactions: The Gloaming

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
any chance to put Tank with Chytil and Laffy has dwindled...

Tank has been our best forward. Kreider look more engaged last night at least. Through his first couple big checks of the season... He's the same size as Tkachuk... who would have ever thought

Reactions: McRanger92

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The chances were there. Our finishing has gone to shit, minus Tarasenko.

Chytil is so streaky.

Panarin's shot is no where close to what it was.

Zibs refuses to shoot. When he does shoot, he flubs a lot of chances IMO. It's hard to complain about him but he's paid to be 'the' goal scorer.

Maybe we can be the first team to add a X's and O's coach or a 'transition/breakout' coach.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I hardly think they are coasting
They are very likely somewhere in-between coasting and pushing as hard as you can, which is fine by me. The team has another gear to get to, maybe even 2 or 3 more now with the firepower in the lineup.

Also, once the front office started with the shenanigans around Kane, which dates back to the Detroit game, things have been off. That is when the team started playing shorthanded and I think they're trending in the right direction again.

I do think last night was that sigh of relief moment that the deal is done, this is the roster we got, and let's go out and play. I think once Lindgren and Miller are back in there, the team will take off again. Shesterkin has picked it up the last two games, that's the biggest news for the team's success, moreso than Tarasenko and Kane.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The chances were there. Our finishing has gone to shit, minus Tarasenko.

Chytil is so streaky.

Panarin's shot is no where close to what it was.

Zibs refuses to shoot. When he does shoot, he flubs a lot of chances IMO. It's hard to complain about him but he's paid to be 'the' goal scorer.

Maybe we can be the first team to add a X's and O's coach or a 'transition/breakout' coach.
Mika had a play early in the third where he was curling over the tops of the circle from the near board to the middle of the ice and there was a bit of a pick that opened up the lane for him right as he was curling into the slot and he had the perfect chance to shoot with traffic in front but instead he held on to it and kept going all the way to the far boards and curled into the corner where he ended up just losing the puck.

So we had our best scorer with the puck in the top of the slot and a shooting lane with traffic in front and he saw that and decided not to shoot and just curled with the puck until he had no play. It's the Rangers beating themselves.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Great. This team is loaded with talent, we squeak out wins by the skin of our teeth against inferior opposition.

I can look beyond wins and losses. Wednesday night against Philly was far more alarming than last night vs Ottawa.

This team needs to win a cup, not just finish with a winning record to be considered a success.
They do not absolutely need to win a cup this year. Don't give me that crap. Many teams in the east got better at the deadline and traded prospects and high picks to do so. There are 5 other teams who could potentially come out of the east and Boston should be considered the favorite. The Rangers still have a young team and vets in their prime still producing. They also have prospects like Othmann, Cuylle, Berard, Robertson, BMB, Sykora, etc who will make pushes for a roster spot in the next year or 2. The window is open for the next few years.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Mika had a play early in the third where he was curling over the tops of the circle from the near board to the middle of the ice and there was a bit of a pick that opened up the lane for him right as he was curling into the slot and he had the perfect chance to shoot with traffic in front but instead he held on to it and kept going all the way to the far boards and curled into the corner where he ended up just losing the puck.

So we had our best scorer with the puck in the top of the slot and a shooting lane with traffic in front and he saw that and decided not to shoot and just curled with the puck until he had no play. It's the Rangers beating themselves.
I remember that play distinctly. He does it often. He takes himself out of a high% shooting position and turns it into nothing.

Reactions: OldBlueshirt

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Zib is dying to set up Kreider for that back door tapin

This is why they need to be split up. Put Zib with Laf and Kakko and he’ll never look to pass again lmao

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They are very likely somewhere in-between coasting and pushing as hard as you can, which is fine by me. The team has another gear to get to, maybe even 2 or 3 more now with the firepower in the lineup.

Also, once the front office started with the shenanigans around Kane, which dates back to the Detroit game, things have been off. That is when the team started playing shorthanded and I think they're trending in the right direction again.

I do think last night was that sigh of relief moment that the deal is done, this is the roster we got, and let's go out and play. I think once Lindgren and Miller are back in there, the team will take off again. Shesterkin has picked it up the last two games, that's the biggest news for the team's success, moreso than Tarasenko and Kane.

Couldn't agree more

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
any chance to put Tank with Chytil and Laffy has dwindled...

Tank has been our best forward. Kreider look more engaged last night at least. Through his first couple big checks of the season... He's the same size as Tkachuk... who would have ever thought

Here's hoping Kreider adds the grit back to his game that was there early in his career. He can slide back into that role with Kane and Tarasenko playing the skill roles in the top 6 he's been forced to play since the rebuild began.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Other uber-talented teams on offense do not play like us 5v5. Not even the Oilers. Gallant gave no excuses. He said we're too pretty, trying to be perfect.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Rangers seem to be winning the analytical battle recently despite the losses. Do with that information what you will.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They do not absolutely need to win a cup this year. Don't give me that crap. Many teams in the east got better at the deadline and traded prospects and high picks to do so. There are 5 other teams who could potentially come out of the east and Boston should be considered the favorite. The Rangers still have a young team and vets in their prime still producing. They also have prospects like Othmann, Cuylle, Berard, Robertson, BMB, Sykora, etc who will make pushes for a roster spot in the next year or 2. The window is open for the next few years.
They just acquired 2 31+ year old superstars who they have almost no hope of re-signing and you think they’re not all in for this season ? I somehow doubt that collection of b level prospects are going to help extend this window.
Yes the East is loaded which is why it was probably not a good idea but they went ahead and did it so now that’s the expectation

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d never trade Laf I know what he’s going to become. Super skilled tough kid. but I’m telling u I’m all in on trading Kakko if it helps me keep these two star right wingers for a few Cup runs. Kakko is a plug. I love the kid but he’s nothing special. Refuses to shoot the puck. Goes forever without scoring.

Goodrow Kakko Lindgren. I’d trade them all before losing these two guys we just acquired. I personally love tarasenkos game.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They just acquired 2 31+ year old superstars who they have almost no hope of re-signing and you think they’re not all in for this season ? I somehow doubt that collection of b level prospects are going to help extend this window.
Yes the East is loaded which is why it was probably not a good idea but they went ahead and did it so now that’s the expectation
Yes, I do think they will sign one of those guys. Othmann is better than a B level prospect and the others I mentioned may fit in very nicely. There is only going to be 1 team that comes out of the east. When you have a legit shot you try to get better. Everybody else did. They gave up a first and a 2nd essentially and no prospects, and still have a 1st this year. That's not selling the farm FFS. The window is open.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Exactly....PP looks the same no matter who is on the ice. They don't shoot and look for rebounds....and I don't understand why Kreider is on either side of the goalie rather than in front screening when shot is taken.

You can complain about different parts of Kreider's game, but in front of the net on the PP, he's an elite talent, but today appears to be the day that everything must be criticized, even if it makes zero sense.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm really concerned about this teams motivation and confidence levels - we might stumble our way through the first or even second round but there's no way we're winning more than one game against a team like Boston that is just in a different stratosphere when it comes to fundamentals and meshing as a team....

Right now, how many teams would you have faith in taking down Boston?

Yet, any team might beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1