2019 Winter Classic PGT - THE BEAR DOES AN IRISH JIG AT NOTRE DAME - BRUINS 4 Chicago 2 FINAL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1088700492-25243.jpg
Big Z looks awesome

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So the lines were terrible, and they were only selling Fanatics jerseys at the game.

Does the Bruins Pro Shop sell Adidas Winter Classic jerseys? I want a Pastrnak one badly...but NHL Shop is sold out.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yesterday’s NHL Winter Classic on NBC between @NHLBruins and @NHLBlackhawks drew a 1.94 overnight rating, best Winter Classic delivery in four years.

Boston led all markets for yesterday’s Winter Classic with a 7.9 rating, third-best for market for a regular-season game on NBC. Providence was second with 6.5 rating. Chicago delivered a 5.8 local rating. Buffalo, Hartford, Las Vegas tied for fourth with 3.4 rating.

Chicago loses interest in Winter Classic:
local TV rating in 2009: 11.8
local TV rating in 2015: 11.4
local TV rating in 2017: 7.4
local TV rating in 2019: 5.8

The more WC’s you play in, the less interesting it becomes, but I have to wonder if the lack of interest is also tied into the team just being not as good as they were.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Apologies if it's been answered already here...

Do we have any idea why Bobby Orr wasn't at the game? He was clearly intended to be a part of that group of legends that were introduced before the game

He also wasn't at Middleton's jersey retirement IIRC
I was wondering the same.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I watched the final episode of road to the winter classic. It was the best of the three, IMO. Kuraly gave the game puck to "Mr. Selke" for the backcheck :laugh:

I kind of cringed at a lot of Colliton's comments/ speeches. Many cliches, moreso than even a typical hockey person, or so it seemed to me. Maybe he's different when there's not a camera in his face.

Toews and Kane look like they just want to get out of there. Not as much fun when you lose, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad