2019 Winter Classic PGT - THE BEAR DOES AN IRISH JIG AT NOTRE DAME - BRUINS 4 Chicago 2 FINAL

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I've never watched Peaky Blinders. Is it any good? A friend of mine raves about it

I loved the first three seasons, personally I thought it trailed off a little in season four but that's just my opinion.
Cillian Murphy (who plays the lead) is from my home town. We don't produce many "movie stars" round here so we are quite proud of him, especially as he has zero airs or graces. He lives in Dublin now I think but comes down to visit his mother. You'd often see him around the place, in his local shop picking up milk etc..

Tom Hardy also has a small recurring role in it and he is fantastic! He steals the screen any time he is on it.

The Birmingham accents take a bit of getting used to but yes I would highly recommend.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I fell asleep watching peaky blinders but knew I needed to give it another go

Absolutely loves Cassidy’s look yesterday, Carlo should let him keep the hat, or get him a late Christmas gift. He was born to dress like that

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dv5Y4qLXQAAfyI6.jpg

Reactions: C77

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yesterday’s NHL Winter Classic on NBC between @NHLBruins and @NHLBlackhawks drew a 1.94 overnight rating, best Winter Classic delivery in four years.

Boston led all markets for yesterday’s Winter Classic with a 7.9 rating, third-best for market for a regular-season game on NBC. Providence was second with 6.5 rating. Chicago delivered a 5.8 local rating. Buffalo, Hartford, Las Vegas tied for fourth with 3.4 rating.

Chicago loses interest in Winter Classic:
local TV rating in 2009: 11.8
local TV rating in 2015: 11.4
local TV rating in 2017: 7.4
local TV rating in 2019: 5.8

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yesterday’s NHL Winter Classic on NBC between @NHLBruins and @NHLBlackhawks drew a 1.94 overnight rating, best Winter Classic delivery in four years.

Boston led all markets for yesterday’s Winter Classic with a 7.9 rating, third-best for market for a regular-season game on NBC. Providence was second with 6.5 rating. Chicago delivered a 5.8 local rating. Buffalo, Hartford, Las Vegas tied for fourth with 3.4 rating.

Chicago loses interest in Winter Classic:
local TV rating in 2009: 11.8
local TV rating in 2015: 11.4
local TV rating in 2017: 7.4
local TV rating in 2019: 5.8
Considering the abysmal season the Blackhawks are having, this is completely understandable.

Interesting that Vegas is up there as well. They really seem to have embraced hockey. Wish Phoenix would do the same.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Apologies if it's been answered already here...

Do we have any idea why Bobby Orr wasn't at the game? He was clearly intended to be a part of that group of legends that were introduced before the game

He also wasn't at Middleton's jersey retirement IIRC

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Good win for the group.

Wasn't a fan of the Hawks uni's. They looked like L.A Kings.. But the Bruins Uni's wowzers.

When my son played 2nd year midgets 13 years ago (13 years already. Seems like yesterday.) They had very similar sweaters. Of Course they were based on ol skool Bruins sweaters. The team was called the Knights. There was 2 tier 2 midget Knights teams. So they called themselves the Kryto Knights... Their usual colors were those ugly Penquin things lol. The #15 on the sweater in memory for a Knight who lost his life in an accident. Just thought I'd share...

View attachment 171283 View attachment 171285

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->