Post-Game Talk: PGT: Sid + Geno 3, Bruins 2 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
bennett will probably sit for a game. if it was serious he wouldn't have come back out for three more shifts last night

Yeah, that's my feeling about it. He'll miss some time but it's not big, it is however unfortunate for him.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
Fleury is officially bringing out the yellow pads tomorrow.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
A chance for Megna but its a curtain call for Sill. He better do something impressive. I'm expecting him to drop the gloves. At least go out with a fight so to speak.

idek how Sill is still here, but I think he's been treated as a 13th forward. He sat for Comeau when we were healthy and now he was sat for Megna, this isn't new. Dude didn't seize the chance when he had it and now it's gone.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, that's my feeling about it. He'll miss some time but it's not big, it is however unfortunate for him.
I think he could play in one of the games against the Canes this weekend. Perhaps he take a this Wednesday and Friday off, but plays on Saturday?

That was just another terrible accident that came after a board encounter. He could certainly benefit from a full off-season for once, though.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think he could play in one of the games against the Canes this weekend. Perhaps he take a this Wednesday and Friday off, but plays on Saturday?

That was just another terrible accident that came after a board encounter. He could certainly benefit from a full off-season for once, though.

When he came back out but only played a few shifts I guessed he'd be out around a week. So Friday or Saturday wouldn't surprise me providing we don't get bad news about him. I doubt he plays Wednesday.

Hopefully they're cautious with his knee and whatever is going on with him mentally. Let him feel comfortable about it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens lines at practice mostly the same as last game. Megna moving in to Bennett’s slot on the third line and Sill filling in for Megna.

This was to be expected with Bennett, but this is a big chance for Megna. Give me another WBS player getting a cup of coffee over Sill.

Not a real big believer in Megna, but this is positive for him.

If he's an NHL player, it's going to be in a top 9, probably third line capacity, not as a fourth liner. With how Sutter and Downie have played most of the year, if he's ever going to be put in a position to succeed, this is it.

Doesn't have to set the world on fire, just show he doesn't look at of place and create a chance or two with his speed. Just plant the seed in management's head, if he can.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Coach Johnston on Beau Bennett: Trainers are going to evaluate Beau Bennett today. Lower body. We will know more in the next 24 hours.

who can blame him? Have you seen some of the neanderthals here? I can only imagine what people were saying to him.

Eh, it's twitter. If a public figure wants to have one have a thick skin or don't read replies, it has an ignore function too. But I don't really care as long as they don't do anything embarrassing.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Not a real big believer in Megna, but this is positive for him.

If he's an NHL player, it's going to be in a top 9, probably third line capacity, not as a fourth liner. With how Sutter and Downie have played most of the year, if he's ever going to be put in a position to succeed, this is it.

Doesn't have to set the world on fire, just show he doesn't look at of place and create a chance or two with his speed. Just plant the seed in management's head, if he can.

fan of him or not, hard to deny he's one of their 10-best forwards right now. Not really a compliment towards him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Coach Johnston on Beau Bennett: Trainers are going to evaluate Beau Bennett today. Lower body. We will know more in the next 24 hours.

Eh, it's twitter. If a public figure wants to have one have a thick skin or don't read replies, it has an ignore function too. But I don't really care as long as they don't do anything embarrassing.

Not everyone has thick skin, so be smart and delete the twitter

I bet Beau has a partially-torn knee ligament. Didn't show up in the testing last night.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
fan of him or not, hard to deny he's one of their 10-best forwards right now. Not really a compliment towards him.

Oh, IC. Top 8 forward with Bennett out and Kunitz being useless.

Not everyone has thick skin, so be smart and delete the twitter

Then why have the twitter? Why look at it? :laugh:

I bet Beau has a partially-torn knee ligament. Didn't show up in the testing last night.

I'm going to be optimistic and say it's swelling and being banged up.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

I'd say 11. It's not clear to me that Ebbett isn't also better. That said, Ebbett's a dead end. Undersized journeyman. Megna might not be a dead end.

With a job opening on the third line, they're giving the right guy a chance.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
if you really dont see the difference between a normal twitter feed and a twitter feed the night you just got frustratingly injured for the third or fourth time, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Sill needs to bring it tomorrow if he's in the line-up. Get into Dion Phaneuf's face; call him an overpaid sack of crap who's a disgrace to the people of Toronto and his family.

I'm his biggest supporter next to Jag. But, Leblond probably fills the enforcer role that's been missing since Rupp and Godard.

Megna was decent last night. Not the strongest around the boards. Although he does bring a lot of speed which could give the opposition problems.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'd say 11. It's not clear to me that Ebbett isn't also better. That said, Ebbett's a dead end. Undersized journeyman. Megna might not be a dead end.

With a job opening on the third line, they're giving the right guy a chance.

i meant on the NHL roster though

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Pens practice has been over for more than an hour. Crosby and Letang are still on the ice.

they don care

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Sill needs to bring it tomorrow if he's in the line-up. Get into Dion Phaneuf's face; call him an overpaid sack of crap who's a disgrace to the people of Toronto and his family.

I'm his biggest supporter next to Jag. But, Leblond probably fills the enforcer role that's been missing since Rupp and Godard.

Megna was decent last night. Not the strongest around the boards. Although he does bring a lot of speed which could give the opposition problems.

If you're going to play a guy 5 minutes a night, and you're afraid to put him out there in the third in a close game, then the guy had better be able to be a nuclear deterrent ala Leblond (or at least the closest thing in our system). Neither Sill or Adams should have a spot in the lineup at this point.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Pens practice has been over for more than an hour. Crosby and Letang are still on the ice.

they don care

Maybe Geno finally had a meltdown about all the passes in his skates on the pp and Crosby is trying to teach him how it's done.:sarcasm:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Late to the party here, but good on MJ for going back to Crosby/Hornqvist and kicking Kunitz off the line.

Those two facts alone made the game a net win.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

Yeah, if only Leblond were on the ice, that's what we need. And I'm sure Phaneuf would be crushed and devastated and thrown off his game should Sill insult him mercilessly.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I'm trying to decide what I liked better -- the beautiful 3-on-2 in OT where Geno scored, or the awesome back-somersault that Rask did after Geno's goal... LOL!

That was outstanding!

On another note, Kunitz playing slow/lazy, and Ehrhoff playing better and better over the past few, and the PP not as hot as it was early in the year...I wonder if we might see a top PP unit of Letang/Ehrhoff along with Sid/Geno/Hornqvist at some point soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad