Post-Game Talk: PGT: Sid + Geno 3, Bruins 2 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Actually wasn't intending to quote you on that one, sorry?

'sall good.

I wouldn't even normally be opposed to trying farnham, but I just love how this board thinks its so obvious he's much better than adams. Just like sill. I think farnham sucks, but in a pinch it might be worth a shot. I completely understand why they don't try it though; while the board consensus is to just bash away as if they know everything.

So out of curiosity, why do you think Farnham sucks? What is it about him that makes him no good?

penguins2946*

Oh man these old quotes are fun. :naughty:

Congrats, you managed to find a post from before the season started (that's when I'm assuming it's from, you didn't link the post). Do you want a cookie or something?

Sill absolutely blows. I didn't know there was a player that could possibly be worse than Adams, but he managed to do that.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It's also possible that Sill is kept up because the Pens don't want to ice a dedicated enforcer.

I'd hope not, because in that situation, I'd rather we trade Adams, demote Sill and bring up PL3 and Farnham. Go for maximum agitation with a maximum deterrent.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's also possible that Sill is kept up because the Pens don't want to ice a dedicated enforcer.

I'd hope not, because in that situation, I'd rather we trade Adams, demote Sill and bring up PL3 and Farnham. Go for maximum agitation with a maximum deterrent.

And in that situation, I still can't see our 4th line being worse than it is now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

From a personal coaching mind - I have always enjoyed annoyance over fighters. I feel they do way more in the game. I would love to see those 2 just pissing teams off.

MrBurghundy

Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
From a personal coaching mind - I have always enjoyed annoyance over fighters. I feel they do way more in the game. I would love to see those 2 just pissing teams off.

Throw Downie into the mix, and the other team will be too preoccupied with those guys to even pay attention to taking runs at Sid and Geno.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

As a former agitator myself, I'm a big fan of them Cole. You know that. :laugh:

I'd like to see Uher get a go too--I haven't kept up on his play in WB/S but he's been a great character guy and highly well spoken of for his grit and tenacity here in the Czech press.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Bobby farnham ****ing sucks... is that better? He should never play a single NHL game ever.

If there was a good player being blocked by adams, i'd be all over it. I hate adams a lot; I just laugh at everyones constant need to say "this player would be sooo much better", as everyone did with sill. Come to find out he ****ing sucks as well, not shockingly.

And no, our farm system when it comes to fowards is brutal. Unless you're recalling sundqvist from the sweden but thats not what we're talking about.

No, your argument makes total sense.

The Pens farm has no one capable of being able to not sit on the bench like Adams when the game is tied. Farnham doesn't have that ability to skate in quicksand and be a total liability at ES. We all know if a fourth liner doesn't score 20 goals, he can't be effective. Adams is much more effective handing Gatorade to his teammates who are actually playing. It's a real morale booster.

The Pens farm doesn't even have guys who can kill penalties either. Hynes simply ask the other team be awarded a goal when WBS is penalized. No player in the history of the league has ever killed penalties in the minors and been able to do it at the NHL level.

Every single PK guy in the NHL just knew how to kill penalties without ever learning, like Adams. He came into the NHL and was the all time greatest PKer from the first day he played.

Once Adams retires in 2025, when penalized, the Pens will just have to award goals to other teams like their minor league counterpart does.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Throw Downie into the mix, and the other team will be too preoccupied with those guys to even pay attention to taking runs at Sid and Geno.
And I'd be okay as long as all of them can keep their cool. We don't need Rinaldo's running around. But they would be soooo much fun.

As a former agitator myself, I'm a big fan of them Cole. You know that. :laugh:

I'd like to see Uher get a go too--I haven't kept up on his play in WB/S but he's been a great character guy and highly well spoken of for his grit and tenacity here in the Czech press.

Former agitator!?!? Former!? :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
We all pick our battles, but it's hilarious when someone picks Craig Adams as their personal Guadalcanal. Is that really the proverbial hill you want to die on? :laugh:

No, I want to die on the, "you mean we haven't been able to replace this guy with ANYONE over the past 5 years?" hill

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Being contrary just to be contrary is dumb. :laugh:

Good trolling is an art. People should settle for nothing less than pure, handcrafted, artisanal (dare I say "bespoke") trolling. People should have standards, dang it.

Trolling is lost on this board because the majority opinions are troll opinions from non-trolls

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
No, your argument makes total sense.

The Pens farm has no one capable of being able to not sit on the bench like Adams when the game is tied. Farnham doesn't have that ability to skate in quicksand and be a total liability at ES. We all know if a fourth liner doesn't score 20 goals, he can't be effective. Adams is much more effective handing Gatorade to his teammates who are actually playing. It's a real morale booster.

The Pens farm doesn't even have guys who can kill penalties either. Hynes simply ask the other team be awarded a goal when WBS is penalized. No player in the history of the league has ever killed penalties in the minors and been able to do it at the NHL level.

Every single PK guy in the NHL just knew how to kill penalties without ever learning, like Adams. He came into the NHL and was the all time greatest PKer from the first day he played.

Once Adams retires in 2025, when penalized, the Pens will just have to award goals to other teams like their minor league counterpart does.

He'll get to Doug Jarvis' consecutive game streak a little before 2025 (sometime in 2022-2023 or so), so I think you may be exaggerating a bit here. :sarcasm:

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
'sall good.

So out of curiosity, why do you think Farnham sucks? What is it about him that makes him no good?

He's an AHL player if I've ever seen one. A no skill guy who plays hard. He could be called up and potentially make a nice impression; but over the course of the season I still think craig adams is a better player to have on the team mainly for the PK. I agree 5v5 he's terrible.

I generally just don't like when people talk about ahl guys as facts that they'd come up here and be better than 'insert whipping boy'.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I mean, I asked Cole numerous times if it would be possible to imbed the Benny Hill theme music in every post I make, but y'know... for technical reasons, it's just a non-starter. :(

Still a better use of bandwidth than 95% of the posts here.

:laugh:

Indeed.

I'm not exactly speaking from a position of strength, here. Takes one to know one and all that.

Besides, I call all my best buds *******s! So it's a compliment, really!

To be fair, HSL wins. He had me going quite a few times before I caught on. The key to HFBoards is to pretend it's all taking place in your mind, none of it is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad