Post-Game Talk: PGT: Sid + Geno 3, Bruins 2 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Lol. Kirk there's a prefix that does that for you when you go to make the thread. Drop down bar.

Anyways

+72
+87&72
+29 300 wins

Wasn't crazy about Sutter or Martin's nights

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Spaling had his best game of the season alongside Sid and Horny. I liked the look of that top line.

Kunitz still played kinda meh, and Comeau didn't look all that comfortable on that line.

I like the look of that top line, though. Keep that together for now. Sid + Horny definitely need to be inseparable. They just have such chemistry. Spaling looks like a decent third wheel. Not ideal, but if he plays with that jump he could be good there and his vision is actually pretty solid. He's a much better passer than a Dupuis.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
only minus has to be kunitz. and it's a big ****ing minus

oh scuderi was bad too

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
The fact that Bennett was sitting on the bench suggests to me that he could have played more, but the staff wanted to be careful. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Lol. Kirk there's a prefix that does that for you when you go to make the thread. Drop down bar.

Anyways

+72
+87&72
+29 300 wins

Wasn't crazy about Sutter or Martin's nights

It took me 3 years to figure out how to post a YT video. Give me some more time. :laugh:

This team so needs 2 top six wingers. Really 3, but I'm not holding my breath. Then again, I'm not sure this is something new.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Fitting that Crosby and Malkin have the only goals in this game. This group of forwards is just not good.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Malkin has been incredible lately - certainly has elevated his play in the past few games

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like to see Kunitz sit for a few games. At this point that's the only other thing I can think of that could snap him out of his slump.

I'd like to see him traded at this point, before everyone else in the league figures out what we already know about Kunitz. His legs are shot, and they're still livelier than his heart.

Malkin has been incredible lately - certainly has elevated his play in the past few games

He was pretty much as big a bundle of **** with Kunitz and Comeau as Sid was. Actually, maybe not that bad, but Sid was better with Spaling and Horny than Geno was to be fair.

What I would give to see the day come when the gap between Sid/Geno and the JT's/Stamkos'/Toews' of this world is BIGGER than the gap between their respective linemates.

Better still, what I would give to see JR see it that way too, because right now his summer talk looks cheap. Very cheap.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The game had its ups and downs but I think it comes down to a few things... but why talk about those? :laugh:

Truthfully this team needs to move dmen for wingers. It's ****ing simple. I do not think all of our dmen are playing up to snuff. Letang plays tremendous and then makes idiotic decisions. He's dumb. Martin is a step slow. Ehrhoff if getting better but he's no $4M steal.

It's time to move some for wingers and let our youthful defense take over.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crosby looked completely rejuvenated out there with Spaling & Hornqvist.

The Hornqvist thing isn't surprising since we know they have chemistry but how about Spaling? He looked like a good fit there tonight. Just one game but he was reading Sid well and made a few good plays that could have led to goals.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
+ Sid, Geno, Fleury, Megna, Hornqvist, Spaling
+ MJ moving Kunitz off Sid's line (though now 14's Geno's problem..)

- Kunitz

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ crosby with hornqvist. i don't usually put too much stock in chemistry... but they have it
+ malkin with crosby
+ flower. made some timely saves for his 300th win

sigh bennett... hopefully he isn't injured. as frustrated as we are with him... i'm sure he is even more frustrated.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Pens Radio Network @PensRadioNet
Tonight was Malkin's 7th career reg-season OT goal and first since Jan. 22, 2012 vs. Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad