Pre-Game Talk: PGT/Offseason Thread UPDATE: Season postponed

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I was wondering if we’re going to see this team in the first round of the playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

The loss will proceed as planned tomorrow.

Isn't it only suspended because that player has coronavirus? If no NHL player gets it I can't see them suspending the season. Possibly games behind closed doors.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Isn't it only suspended because that player has coronavirus? If no NHL player gets it I can't see them suspending the season. Possibly games behind closed doors.
An NHL player will be found to have it as soon as they start testing players. I'd almost guarantee it.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

The problem is that some NHL teams share arenas with NBA teams.

I don't see any way they don't suspend play tomorrow indefinitely. I just hope they don't cancel the season altogether. Would be quite the waste to be this far into it and not play the playoffs with empty crowds once they deem it safe enough.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
An NHL player will be found to have it as soon as they start testing players. I'd almost guarantee it.

I heard of people who are actually sick who don't get to have the test because they can't prove they had direct contact someone found to have it. Even if they can say they were in the vicinity of the same places as people who have gotten it. Why do NHL players with no symptoms get to get it when they don't?

Not making judgement only curious.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The problem is that some NHL teams share arenas with NBA teams.

I don't see any way they don't suspend play tomorrow indefinitely. I just hope they don't cancel the season altogether. Would be quite the waste to be this far into it and not play the playoffs with empty crowds once they deem it safe enough.

I doubt they would abandon the season entirely. They would do something to ensure a Cup winner. Even if it is a truncated playoffs that is a complicated series of byes that gives twenty teams an opportunity to make it.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I doubt they would abandon the season entirely. They would do something to ensure a Cup winner. Even if it is a truncated playoffs that is a complicated series of byes that gives twenty teams an opportunity to make it.

Depends how long a stoppage lasts. What if it stretches out 2-3 months? The NHLPA isn't going to allow them to play into July/August with training camps opening in September.

With the current projections for the spread of the virus I can sadly see both the NBA and NHL not playing out the playoffs. I think best case scenario is fan free venues. It's certainly what I'm hoping for in both leagues.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I heard of people who are actually sick who don't get to have the test because they can't prove they had direct contact someone found to have it. Even if they can say they were in the vicinity of the same places as people who have gotten it. Why do NHL players with no symptoms get to get it when they don't?

Not making judgement only curious.
Because there will be symptomatic players sometime in the near future and there's a lot more tests available now.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I wasn't aware more tests were available. I thought they were still in short supply.
There were "millions" (1.2 million, I believe) of tests that were supposed to arrive at their ultimate destination Monday and may have had some delay. I'm sure that's still not enough given the number of people in this country, but since completed tests numbered in the thousands as recently as a few days ago a million sounds great.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Hmmmm I better be prepared for what ever way the pendulum swings.

If the game is still on.

MILESTONE WATCH!

Smith-Reilly_2.png
Karlsson-William_3.png

100 Assists as a Knight (99)
If the game is not on...

MILESTONE WATCH!

coronavirus_update920.jpg.daijpg.600.jpg

First Knights Game Postponed in Franchise History.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That overtime win against the Oilers might have been the last time we see the Knights on the ice until next fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad