Pre-Game Talk: PGT/Offseason Thread UPDATE: Season postponed

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
And it could be our last memory of the postseason for another year if the postseason gets canceled. I was hoping a better postseason this

It could even be our last memory of the postseason for even longer if the team falls apart and misses the playoffs next year (maybe because of injuries or some guys really underachieve).

What i fear the most is our goaltending. Fleurys is at the typical age where you see a goaltender start to decline. And with his playing style, his play might decrease even faster.

We may already be seeing the decline of Fleury considering his 2nd half season performance. Now that just might be because his fathers passing last year. So we will see what happens next season.

This is why signing Lehner should be important, but we won't be able to cause no cap space. The sad thing is the Knights probably don't have a goaltender in the system that could take over in case Fleury falters next season. Once again it is going to be up to Fleury to help this team make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What i fear the most is our goaltending. Fleurys is at the typical age where you see a goaltender start to decline. And with his playing style, his play might decrease even faster.

We may already be seeing the decline of Fleury considering his 2nd half season performance. Now that just might be because his fathers passing last year. So we will see what happens next season.

This is why signing Lehner should be important, but we won't be able to cause no cap space. The sad thing is the Knights probably don't have a goaltender in the system that could take over in case Fleury falters next season. Once again it is going to be up to Fleury to help this team make the playoffs.

Whether Lehner is signed, they need another starter. Expecting Fleury to be better than a barely top 20 goalie next season is not thinking in the best interest of the team. The season after he is surely to be even less of a factor. There could be games coming close together, less training, situation that could be tough for older players to manage as well as younger players.

They need to sign a goalie that is pretty much start quality at this point who could take over for Fleury half through the season if needed.

Fleury could overacheive but it is hard if that's your plan.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Do you guys think the Knights will try to re-sign Martinez? July 1st is when the Knights can start talking to him about a new contract.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Do you guys think the Knights will try to re-sign Martinez? July 1st is when the Knights can start talking to him about a new contract.

I think they push that date back.

But if he's willing to sign the same contract for an extra two seasons, possibly three I think they can keep him around.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think they push that date back.

But if he's willing to sign the same contract for an extra two seasons, possibly three I think they can keep him around.

They probably are going to push back the ufa date this year, but i doubt they are actually going to push back the date you can start talking extension with players that are becoming ufa next year.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They probably are going to push back the ufa date this year, but i doubt they are actually going to push back the date you can start talking extension with players that are becoming ufa next year.

I think I would be for re-sign at the same cap hit. Two or three years. I think it should work fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->