PGT: Dupuis 2, Haters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
KCH was absolutely one of the best lines in the league, the problem is it left Malkin with nothing. Kunitz and Hornqvist should be fulfilling the same role on whatever line they play on, so should at some point be split up. The question is do you put them together until we fill out the top 6 to create a very top heavy 1st line and leaving Malkin with crap, or do you try to balance things out and force teams to choose who they match up against.

The Leaf's were using their best checking line and their best defensive pair against Crosby. This should be our dream come true, Malkin against second pairing defensemen and forwards who are not known to be shut down players should make him salivate. He has to produce, especially if he has at least one legit top 6 winger.

penguins2946*

KCH was absolutely one of the best lines in the league, the problem is it left Malkin with nothing. Kunitz and Hornqvist should be fulfilling the same role on whatever line they play on, so should at some point be split up. The question is do you put them together until we fill out the top 6 to create a very top heavy 1st line and leaving Malkin with crap, or do you try to balance things out and force teams to choose who they match up against.

The Leaf's were using their best checking line and their best defensive pair against Crosby. This should be our dream come true, Malkin against second pairing defensemen and forwards who are not known to be shut down players should make him salivate. He has to produce, especially if he has at least one legit top 6 winger.

The thing is, even when you split up KCH and gave Malkin Hornqvist, that line still looked like crap. It's not all on his linemates, Malkin hasn't been good at ES this year.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist combined for 12 ES goals in 14 games. Compare that to some of the other top lines in the league:

Pearson-Carter-Tofolli: 13 ES goals in 17 games
DSP-Getzlaf-Perry: 12 ES goals in 13 games
Benn-Spezza-Seguin: 15 ES goals in 16 games

I fail to see how KCH wasn't one of the best lines in the league.

Not to mention all 3 have been contributing to the first pp unit as well. I want K-C-H going in to the playoffs assuming we acquire top 6 winger(s).

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist combined for 12 ES goals in 14 games. Compare that to some of the other top lines in the league:

Pearson-Carter-Tofolli: 13 ES goals in 17 games
DSP-Getzlaf-Perry: 12 ES goals in 13 games
Benn-Spezza-Seguin: 15 ES goals in 16 games

I fail to see how KCH wasn't one of the best lines in the league.

Right. Not to mention that it was the CH part of the line that really made it go. The second line is no where near improved enough to make up for how much the first was weakened.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You did not want that line together to start the season b/c it would screw Malkin over. I have no clue why you are now going off the deep end when MJ decides to put PH with Malkin (which was thought to be the plan all along in camp).

Again, KCH was a good line, but they weren't dictating against the tougher opponents this year. And their lack of ES production in the last few games is what it is. If Malkin doesn't pick up his game soon, sure, reunite them. The idea though is to create three scoring lines. That's been consistently stated by MJ. Our 2nd line wasn't scoring.

I think part of the angst is that we dont' want to admit that KCD is a more than serviceable line for now. They'll score. Hopefully Malkin will get going with PH b/c he certainly was not with Dupuis. And Sutter keeps his line going.

Here are the issues, in list form:

1) my entire issue with the Neal trade is it still left a hole in the top-6. Regardless of where Hornqvist plays. In this case, you were robbing Peter to pay Paul.

2) disagreeing with you and the sheeple who blindly tout everything the organization does is not equatable to "going off the deep end."

3) clearly you can have an opinion, see evidence in action, and then further-develop your opinion?

4) our second line wasnt scoring. Gutting the one line that was scoring is only accepted because this board makes a habit out of deifying Evgeni Malkin. He's not scoring? Take Crosby's wingers! He's good enough! Still not scoring? Take Crosby's wingers! Still not scoring? Trade! Still not going? Must be injured!

You guys have a severe case of the logical fallacies when it comes to analyzing how the lines are constructed. It's not worth discussing with you because of how poor the opinions are. Simply because Crosby is the better, harder working, more-consistent player does not mean that giving him **** like Dupuis is what's best for the team. It is, plain and simple, what's best for Evgeni Malkin and his zealots on this board.

5) that doesn't mean Pascal Dupuis should be on the 2nd line. In the past, even the most blind Malkin supporter acknowledged what Bennett brought to Geno's line. He should have been there. Then, MJ and staff should have rotated every other player on the team there til they found a suitable stopgap to tide the line over until a trade rounded out the top-6.

TL;dr - I'm not going off the deep end. I want what's best for the team, not whats best for a specific player. Many of you have very poor opinions. I disagree with them. Sorry.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
The thing is, even when you split up KCH and gave Malkin Hornqvist, that line still looked like crap. It's not all on his linemates, Malkin hasn't been good at ES this year.

Concur. Malkin hasn't been good by his high standards, but I'm going to spot him a few games with Hornqvist because I think a major reason why he's looked like crap is because he's playing with crap. I think Hornqvist can be just as good with Malkin as Kunitz was a few years ago.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
yeah I was thinking this all night. how do downie and others get on the pp before beau. its where he is best suited
My guess is that they want him to get a few practices in with the 2nd unit before they play him there.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
My guess is that they want him to get a few practices in with the 2nd unit before they play him there.

given how bad the 2nd unit looked last night that can't come soon enough. Not sure who to switch off the unit for him to replace though.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

One game is enough to judge a line as not good enough?

And I disagree, the LW on that line (Spaling) is still an anchor, offensively at least. Unfortunately, the weakness at LW is probably not going to change tonight as Johnson wants to keep Bennett out of the top 6 for some reason (hopefully it's temporary), and Comeau (who would only be a stopgap solution anyway) is likely going to play in a weakened state due to his illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad