PGT: Blue Jays comeback to win ALDS in 5 over Rangers

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I was planning on rooting for the Jays the rest of the way but after the Bautista bat flip I just can't do it

They're gonna become the Royals, everyone loved them just last year and now everybody hates them.

That said, that bat flip was GOAT. Icing on the cake after the greatest Blue Jay home run in 20 years.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I was planning on rooting for the Jays the rest of the way but after the Bautista bat flip I just can't do it

seriously? A guy can't get excited when he hits a homerun that huge? Especially one who thrives off of anger and emotion?

Show me 1 player not connected with the Rangers(the Rangers lost they're obviously going to be rubbed the wrong way) that has a problem with it?

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
After Jose's homerun when Dyson confronts Edwin theres a guy behind home plate kissing a parrot on his shoulder. :laugh::laugh:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It's amusing to see the contrast between the celebrations in baseball and hockey. In hockey you can barely smile without jinxing yourself and sealing your destiny to never win the Cup. In baseball it's practically a full on rave after a first round victory. I know each sport has a completely different history and culture, but interesting to see.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

This is sarcasm, right?

That was some of the most emotionally charged baseball I can remember, in a stadium that exploded like a powder keg. This is clearly an emotional dude who has sat through YEARS of losing and just had a moment where he probably felt like god himself and made a whole damn country explode with joy. To top it all off, he even apologized 5 minutes after the game.

He did nothing wrong. Nothing. I'm not a Jays fan but I loved that moment.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
That said, that bat flip was GOAT. Icing on the cake after the greatest Blue Jay home run in 20 years.

I can see someone back then: "Man, that Joe Carter, what a classless ****! Before he even touched home plate he's trotting down the baseline with his hands in the air celebrating......something. Anyway, REMEMBER THE CODE!"

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is sarcasm, right?

That was some of the most emotionally charged baseball I can remember, in a stadium that exploded like a powder keg. This is clearly an emotional dude who has sat through YEARS of losing and just had a moment where he probably felt like god himself and made a whole damn country explode with joy. To top it all off, he even apologized 5 minutes after the game.

He did nothing wrong. Nothing. I'm not a Jays fan but I loved that moment.

also look at what happened in the top of the inning. Even if it was the right call the Jays players didn't know it at the time, Jose could have felt like "the baseball gods" were against them and then had a big, shove that in your pipe and smoke it moment.

I get that you're not supposed to show up the other team, but that's not showing up the other team, that's pure emotion. Showing up the other team would be more like dancing your way around the bases while you sing "na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye"

Or showing up the other team might be like after you strike Tulo out with runner on 1st and 2nd and 2 out, you go up and tap him. He doesn't want to talk to you after you just K'd him, would you like him doing that to you if he hit a homerun off you?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
1371859228498.gif

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
They're gonna become the Royals, everyone loved them just last year and now everybody hates them.

At least the Royals are justifed in their hate. People who ***** about Bautista's flip are old men who can't handle excitement in their lives anymore, but that doesn't compare to when the Royals are known to plunk guys (mostly by Ventura), and get into fights for no real good reason. Royals are the epitome of classless.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I love Jose. Love him.

That said I acknowledge if he was a yankee or redsock, he'd be one of the more annoying players to watch from a fan perspective.

In the end, so few players show emotion like he does these days. I'm loving every minute of it.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Morales just hit a home run and dared to raise his arms. I hope he likes listening to chin music!

also look at what happened in the top of the inning. Even if it was the right call the Jays players didn't know it at the time, Jose could have felt like "the baseball gods" were against them and then had a big, shove that in your pipe and smoke it moment.

I get that you're not supposed to show up the other team, but that's not showing up the other team, that's pure emotion. Showing up the other team would be more like dancing your way around the bases while you sing "na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye"

Or showing up the other team might be like after you strike Tulo out with runner on 1st and 2nd and 2 out, you go up and tap him. He doesn't want to talk to you after you just K'd him, would you like him doing that to you if he hit a homerun off you?

Absolutely. It was an incredibly emotional moment, they absolutely got some justice after an unfair break (in my opinion) and of all the guys to deliver I'm sure every Jay fan was praying it would be Joey Bats. That had to be one of the most emotionally charged moments I've seen in sport period, nevermind baseball. Watching the fans go nuts, watching him go off in that dugout, if people dont like moments like that then they dont like sports.

As a Canadian I'm incredibly happy for you guys. I hope the GTA, and every pocket of Jays fans nationwide for that matter, have alot of fun tonight. :handclap:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I love Jose. Love him.

That said I acknowledge if he was a yankee or redsock, he'd be one of the more annoying players to watch from a fan perspective.

In the end, so few players show emotion like he does these days. I'm loving every minute of it.

Agree. I don't hate Bautista but I can see why opposing fans would hate him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I still like them and want them to go all the way.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Feels so gratifying. Been waiting basically my entire life for this moment. Coming from behind.. the Bautista homer after seasons spent on mediocre teams.. it's poetic.
Feels good to be on the winning side of a meltdown/defensive collapse. For a moment it felt like the Jays would be swept like the Raps were last season.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I love Jose. Love him.

But it's different if he's a Yankees or Red Sox player. It would mean he's a winner that gets shoved down our throats all of the time. Instead he's a guy that fought tooth and nail to reinvent himself, be a star and stick it out with a franchise that has been in limbo for years. No one wanted him, the Jays took a chance and he's shown nothing but loyalty to them. This is a great moment.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
But it's different if he's a Yankees or Red Sox player. It would mean he's a winner that gets shoved down our throats all of the time. Instead he's a guy that fought tooth and nail to reinvent himself, be a star and stick it out with a franchise that has been in limbo for years. No one wanted him, the Jays took a chance and he's shown nothing but loyalty to them. This is a great moment.

Couldn't have said it any better. Have loads of respect for Bautista.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I can't see the Rangers being too upset by it, other than frustration perhaps. As look at the context that that home run came in.

Regular season?? Hell yeah, that is going to be get him/teammate drilled.

I don't think it was about showing anyone up, just relief/joy at his accomplishment in the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad