PGT: Blue Jays comeback to win ALDS in 5 over Rangers

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Beisbol at its finest. Btw, did anyone else question where their life went wrong when a 24 year old started game 5 of the ALDS to be relieved by a 22 year old and then closed out by a 20 year old?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Beisbol at its finest. Btw, did anyone else question where their life went wrong when a 24 year old started game 5 of the ALDS to be relieved by a 22 year old and then closed out by a 20 year old?

2003 NHL entry draft. It wasn't until a few years later that it really clicked but in 2006 I was graduating University and I was the same age as guys like Getzlaf, Eric Staal, Vanek, Suter, Parise, Carter, Burns, etc.

Puts things in perspective a bit. The fact that Osuna wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye when the Jays won it all in 92 & 93 blows my mind.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
I don't mind your players showing their opponents up. Just make sure you don't whine when you're on the receiving end of it. Let's see how the Blue Jays react when one of the Royals flips the bat.

The Rangers failed that test. They bat flipped more than a few times this season including vs the Astros.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The double standard for pitches vs. hitters is hilarious.

After nearly ever big strikeout in this playoffs, pretty much every pitcher for every team is screaming and fist-pumping and showboating their way off the mound, usually staring down the batter. Stroman - as much as I love how he plays - probably does this more than anyone. Nobody says a word about it or intimates how they're 'not playing the game the right way'.

But if a batter wins the matchup, he's expected to non-celebrate and quickly make his way around the bases so as to not show anyone up.

It's ridiculous.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I don't mind your players showing their opponents up. Just make sure you don't whine when you're on the receiving end of it. Let's see how the Blue Jays react when one of the Royals flips the bat.

I don't think I've seen the Blue Jays get mad about any sort of pimping before. I could be wrong tho

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The Bautista, Donaldson, Ortiz types wouldn't have lasted long facing Nolan Ryan or Don Drysdale back when baseball was still a respectable sport.

I'd hedge my bets that any one of those big sluggers could kick either of those guys *****. Unless you're talking about throwing heaters at them which, lol, very respectable.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This in't the first time a bat flip has occurred this season. I seem to recall Texas doing the same thing against Houston a few times this season. All Dyson is doing is making a case that he should be forced to pitch with a pacifier in his mouth.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
When is the Hollywood movie coming out called "The Inning" and who plays the role of Bautista?

or at least an ESPN 30 for 30 doc. I can't get enough of that inning.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ashton Kutcher to play Josh Donaldson.

Oh, this is fun :)

Mike the bookie from Seinfeld to play Andrus

vCSXXAU.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad