PGT: Blue Jays comeback to win ALDS in 5 over Rangers

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Because Dyson was being an idiot?

Yeah I saw it.

Did Dyson single-handedly cause two bench-clears?

I think so. :laugh:

At least I'll give Dyson props for walking up to Edwin and Tulo and actually confronting them face to face instead of doing it the Royal way (throw at the head, hide behind 25 teammates). Nothing wrong with a little emotion.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Bautista = GOAT

His bat flip = The most GOAT thing I have ever seen in history

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Not sure a team has ever given away a game better.

Nice comeback but that team doesn't know how to win graceful. Bautista is a ****. If I were the Rangers pitcher after that I would have drilled Encarnacion. I'm shocked Fielder didn't pull an Utley on Tulowitzki after what he did at the end of the 7th.

No you wouldn't, you'd be crying into your towel after blowing the series. Also, Prince is a nice guy anyway, but he was probably a good 20 feet away from the bag on that play.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
CRUPiRhWIAA318w.jpg

Sorry Kyle, but Jose's was better.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
this is the same sport where teams bring champagne into the lockerroom to spray everywhere after qualifying for a playoff play-in game...

Winning a division is considered to be winning a championship in baseball since it is very difficult. I don't get wild card teams doing it though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I still cannot fathom that Andrus completely melted down. The first play was tough but Martin was running. The 2nd one was tough. The 3rd one there was no excuse, should have underhanded it. Brooks Conrad and Rafael Furcal also had similar performances in playoff innings.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I still cannot fathom that Andrus completely melted down. The first play was tough but Martin was running. The 2nd one was tough. The 3rd one there was no excuse, should have underhanded it. Brooks Conrad and Rafael Furcal also had similar performances in playoff innings.

I wonder if the crowd got to him. Two muffed plays plus a hostile environment could probably be pretty distracting.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I wonder if the crowd got to him. Two muffed plays plus a hostile environment could probably be pretty distracting.

It could have, I remember him making a great play in St. Louis during the World Series in front of a great crowd. His confidence is probably much lower now though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So all the crying about price pitching the other night does not mean ****.

I know the todaso's would've been equally heavy had Stroman got lit up or even if the bullpen blew it, but this is a very easy thing to say in hindsight. Gibby took a risk, and it should pay off with Price being ready for Game 1 or 2 without yet another elongated rest. But, even with the odds in his favor, it was still a risk.

More than anything Gibby might've saved him from himself tonight. Would've been tempting to get Price going after Stroman got himself in trouble the first couple innings, although I don't think he would have.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I was planning on rooting for the Jays the rest of the way but after the Bautista bat flip I just can't do it

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
The only reason he put Price in was because Loup and Cecil- the only two left handed bullpen pitchers- weren't available.

In Game 4, you either go with one of your right handers, who all range from barely decent to terrible against lefties, save Tepera (and do you really want Tepera pitching in an elimination game?) in your bullpen and hope they can not blow a 6 run lead in 5 innings against a lineup chock full of lefty power hitters behind lefty guys who get on base, in a hitters park no less, or you go with Price to clinch the game.

It was a risk, thankfully Stroman pitched well enough- as good as Cole Hamels- and Sanchez/Osuna only had to go through the top of the order left handers a single time. But makes far greater sense when you consider that Loup and Cecil weren't available. And I'm not saying I agree completely with Gibbons, but in this case, we don't have to completely exonerate him: just come up with rationale that makes sense. The above certainly seems reasonable to me.

Wish Cecil weren't injured on a complete fluke injury, he was their best reliever regardless of handedness. ****ing dynamite.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad