Golf: PGA TOUR full schedule for 2022-23 season (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
None of the USA hopefuls did much this week. Sam Burns played the best of them, but I doubt it'll matter. Gotta think JT's on the team, and the only possible intrigue would be the off-chance that they elect not to take Koepka (or maybe he elects not to play because of his personal stuff going on).

In Europe I imagine Aberg locked in a spot with the good week he had. Assuming he makes it, will he be the first Ryder Cupper to have never played in a major? I'd have to believe so.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I wonder who wins Player of the Year. Scheffler was unquestionably the best golfer, but Rahm was the most accomplished.
I oughta say the stats and results for Scheffler give him the nod for PGA Player of the Year and Rahm gets PGA Tour Player of the Year. Rahm had the two DPWT wins at the start of the season as well which I think pushes him into the winner circle for the latter.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schauffele has the wildest resume, if you look into it deeper.

He either has 3 true wins or 10 (11?) true wins. Only 3 full field PGA Tour wins, but he’s won a lot of limited field events, he’s won the team event, he’s either won the Tour Championship 1 or 3 times (depending on how you classify it), he won the Olympics, and then he won that very prestigious unofficial two day pro-am in Scotland that all the top players played in.

Then there’s the majors, where he has a million top 10’s, but no wins.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Also this:

Burns over Young would go against what Couples said a month ago in an interview, when he 'spoiled' that Cam would be in Italy. Burns has had a better year, and has been better of late, but I'm surprised that they'd take him over Young, who's one of the best drivers in the world.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Also this:

Burns over Young would go against what Couples said a month ago in an interview, when he 'spoiled' that Cam would be in Italy. Burns has had a better year, and has been better of late, but I'm surprised that they'd take him over Young, who's one of the best drivers in the world.

Scottie is good friends with Burns. I think everyone overlooked that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did anyone watch the Walker Cup? Played at St. Andrews this weekend. Was on TGC.

GB&I held the lead all along until the Singles where they lost badly and they lost it there. Shouldn’t have been that close though. USA team had all 9 in the top 20 of the WAGR. They should make it Europe vs. USA. It’s too hard for GB&I to defeat USA anymore.

Reactions: TB12

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1695859807530.png

Koepka is ok.​

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Since Babe Didrikson Zaharias retired, no woman has made the cut.

idk if Koepka actually said "F___ those country club kids" about the Ryder Cup type players who judged him for going to LIV but if he did, I love it!

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Wild finish at Sanderson. 5 man playoff, List wins on a 45 footer, Aberg nearly locks up another win, Carl Yuan dunks it for eagle on 17 and then bogeys 18 to miss the playoff... and I was too busy to watch a lick of it. Nuts!

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wild finish at Sanderson. 5 man playoff, List wins on a 45 footer, Aberg nearly locks up another win, Carl Yuan dunks it for eagle on 17 and then bogeys 18 to miss the playoff... and I was too busy to watch a lick of it. Nuts!

Damn, I’m setting the DVRing for the replay of it on Golf channel now

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Commentators need to be careful. They're going too far with Aberg's pronunciation, and now they're starting to say it with too much emphasis on the second syllable, oh-BEAR, like you would say for Rudy Gobert. I'm sure Ludvig would rather not be associated with Rudy. Pray for Ludvig!

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Commentators need to be careful. They're going too far with Aberg's pronunciation, and now they're starting to say it with too much emphasis on the second syllable, oh-BEAR, like you would say for Rudy Gobert. I'm sure Ludvig would rather not be associated with Rudy. Pray for Ludvig!

The thing is he's from Southern Sweden and they've asked him how to pronounce his name in his native tongue, so if you go by his dialect it starts going in that direction with an almost non-existent rg finish compared to the standard Swedish. Basically they've adopted the Scanian dialect turned into English(or French).

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad