Pettersson vs Matthews

Who will be the better player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'll take an avatar bet with anyone. Matthews will be practically unanimously considered better in three years. I would take money bets too.
But how? Pettersson looks better, Pettersson performs better this season despite being on a far weaker team as a rookie and Pettersson clearly has more room to improve. That's completely illogical.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Last time I checked Pettersson was losing polls to guys like Eichel and Barkov lol

It's Pettersson, he'll be the 2nd best player in the league after McDavid.

Already one of the best players in the game with so much physical growth left to do, he's 6'2-6'3 and only 176 lbs.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
It's closer than people are giving it credit for. Matthew's insane hot streaks at 40 goal rookie season still amaze me. I remember how he opened up this season. If he can find more consistency he'll be a top 3 goal scorer for years in the league IMO. Just depends on if you think Pettersson will make up for it with playmaking and defense. Although, fwiw, Pettersson is pacing 45 goals over a full 82 game season so who knows how high his ceiling is - even in pure goalscoring.

When all is said and done I'd probably give it to Pettersson so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad