Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Re-signed for 4.025 x 5

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Its very very important to get some guys longer term locked up before the next CBA and expansion because expansion and the potential of direct gambling revenue could make these deals steals real quickly... before the cba there is more uncertainty and more willingness to take something like this...

After they start digging into potential future revenue the agents are gonna want everyone to hit ufa asap...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
he already finished Sprong
No that was JR and Sully. Tag-team beatdown.

giphy.gif

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I think the Pens should send POJ and Petts to train with Gary Roberts this summer. That's the kind of weight these players need to put on.

Both need some extra meals. Shouldn't be too difficult with some help. Honestly if Petts gets stronger he'll be awesome. He's still a bit of a baby giraffe.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Both need some extra meals. Shouldn't be too difficult with some help. Honestly if Petts gets stronger he'll be awesome. He's still a bit of a baby giraffe.

His body must be made of rubber. He gets hit more than anyone but never shows any signs of hurting.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I am satisfied with this contract. Good player locked in for his prime. As long as he stays healthy I can't see hating it.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That’s a bit different though. Tripping into the boards over a hit. Pretty much anyone in Jakes position was going to be injured

Yea but I've seen Jake take some nasty shots and hits into the boards and immediately thought he was toast. So the 1 time I see him go crashing into the boards and think "oh it's Gumby. He'll be ok" of course he snaps his collarbone

Reactions: Tom Hanks

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Exactly what I was expecting. He took the under valued contract in the summer with a handshake agreement to sign long term in 2020. It happened, and now that's one less piece of uncertainty for next year's cap that GMJR has to wrangle with. Galchenyuk, Schultz an Bjugstad are gone, likely in that order.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I guess this is OK? Just seems like a bit too much money for his trajectory of play next year. What does he do well at this point? Get hit? Seems like a risk, but he is young. This deal at least covers his peak years, but he needs to get stronger.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I personally think he’s had a fine year for a 23 year old second year dman.

love the signing. If we could move Maatta i have very high doubts being unable to move Petts if need be prior to the NTC kicks in.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Can't say I'm happy with the AAV or term. He's been very underwhelming this season to me.

Hope he grows into what we paid, cuz right now, it's an overpayment by a lot. He's not a 2nd pairing guy this season, and not the guy we should be pairing with Marino long term either.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think it's a bit of an over payment, but when you factor in the discount he took for this season, it evens out a bit. I haven't been all that enthralled with his play this season, and I would be a bit hesitant to give him that term. But it's not something I'm gonna lose sleep over. So I think I'll survive, maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad