Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Re-signed for 4.025 x 5

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t think it’s bad, but I think it’s a contract that fans league wide will think is bad, or at least overinflated.

Reactions: BHD

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Happy to have him here for another 5, and happy MP got his reward after helping the team out last year. It's great for him..

More than fair contract.

basically the Maatta deal but three years layer so cap inflation discount.

Yup, And like the OM deal, I dont think it will be any issue if we have to move him, down the line.

Not that I'm preparing for the worst. But a good, young, mobile D man is a commodity in the NHL, even if their play slips a little here and there. I think this is a good one for the Pens.

Last edited:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
A bit more term and money than I expected. I would've signed him for 3.5x3, but it's still a decent deal. Hopefully if he keeps improving that contract will eventually look better (not that it looks bad).

Reactions: Andy99

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's about what was expected given the sweetheart deal he signed this summer. For that money, he and Marino need to form a strong 2nd pairing moving forward.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hope the cap goes up big the next couple of years. Marino will be near say 5 million Letang money and that suggests Letang is living the dream in Montreal in a couple. I am not crazy here on the deal but Pens know what he will bring as he matures and plays with Marino.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Sucks for the cap increase but I see its this as basically 3.5 x 6yrs they want him for over the summer if you include the team friendly deal this year.

Yeah, I remember JR being candid and literally saying they’d “make it up to him” or something very similar to that.

I think most non-Pens fans will say: "Who?! Ahahahaha, what an overpayment!"

Which, they're wrong.

Can’t wait for the first time someone suggests him on the trade board.

“That contract has negative value” :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad