Pettersson or Dahlin

Who do you want to start a franchise?

• Pettersson

• Dahlin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
on paper, taking age into perspectice... Dhalin is better...BUT.. im a sucker for offense.. Pettersson is 20 year old PPG rookie centerman.. i choose that ...
again... i get the argument for dahlin though.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
EP has always been over looked. Guys like pronman had him ranked like 19th in the 2017 draft. Too skinny. Can't play on NHL ice. Even after his historical SHL season , people actually thought Middlestadt was better than him. The majority even thought svechnikov was better. I hope people continue to doubt him because it's going to be exciting to prove them wrong.

EP and Dahlin will be Sweden's top 2 players for the next decade

Svechnikov could still be better long term.

We learn over and over again that players have different developmental paths. Silly to make such definitive statements.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Anybody who thinks Dahlin isn't very good, even just now, doesn't have an opinion worth considering. They either can't actually evalutate hockey ability, or are so coloured by their own fandom that they refuse to accept that there are other good players in the league that aren't on their favourite team. Either way, best not to take offense.

I don't really care to get into this debate, but I know I wouldn't trade EP for Dahlin, despite the fact that he very well could end up the best defenseman on the planet. My comparison for Petersson has been Malkin since draft day, and now that now that the comparison seems like it could have some legs on a production scale as opposed to just the stylistic, I couldn't imagine giving him up.

At the end of the day, if Pettersson ends up as Malkin-esque and Dahlin ends up as Doughty+, I think you could very easily argue it either way. Depends on team needs and preference, but you couldn't go wrong with either. All I know is that Sweden is going to be a pain in the ass to play against for the next 15 years.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm (pleasantly) surprised at how close this is.

Definitely didn't expect a landslide either way but at a significant sample size we're currently at 95-94.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Every time there is a #1C vs #1D poll or argument the 1C wins, as it should.

Neither are #1 anythings yet, both are flawed and the book isnt out on either yet. Hell, neither has even reached the halfway point of their rookie seasons, so very little can actually be said about what they are - only what they may become. It appears as though they are both in the same realm of talent though, so considering that you got to go with the (potential) 1C.

1C>1D always, less you already have one of either, then you go with what you need.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Svechnikov vs Pettersson (Prospect Poll #2 Run-Off)
Andrei Svechnikov vs. Elias Pettersson

still the fact that a lot of people said it wasn't even close was ridiculous.

Lol it seemed like only Canuck fans voted for EP. Really ridiculous. They treated EP as if he was some random guy who had a fluke year. I guess being younger is the best trait one can have in a poll. (Talking about all the posters who said it wasn't close). Now I know why EP was available at 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad