Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
And another Leafs fan who thinks it’s based on his first game. Here you are again:
  • Most regular season points by a U20 player in SHL history
  • Led SHL in regular season scoring
  • Most playoff points by a U20 player in SHL history (single season)
  • Led SHL in playoff scoring
  • Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy Winner (Playoff MVP)
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal
  • Most goals and point by a junior player
dont need what he is done before the NHL, never asked for that, he has played 1 and I repeat 1 NHL game, the NHL is a tough league so don't pump his tires so fast because this league can be humbling. yes Marner had 69 points, and ur rookie has 2 so maybe relax on the tire pumping, he could go the next 10 pointless.......

Reactions: LeafsNation75

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Strange, so potential > proven results now?

Even worse, Marner has way higher potential.

The anti leafs brigade at this point is the biggest fan base on this site
I’m never quite sure if you guys are serious or going for sarcasm.
There has been no fanbase over the past two years who has jumped the gun in rating their young players than the Leaf fan base.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
dont need what he is done before the NHL, never asked for that, he has played 1 and I repeat 1 NHL game, the NHL is a tough league so don't pump his tires so fast because this league can be humbling. yes Marner had 69 points, and ur rookie has 2 so maybe relax on the tire pumping, he could go the next 10 pointless.......
Of course he could go pointless. I just like his odds of breaking 69 points over the next 2 years. Seems like a reasonable expectation TBH. We will see.
It’s not like I’m saying he will be generational.

Apr 27, 2016
Isn't it the Leafs fans who always say that you take center before winger every time, if it's even remotely close? Why it's not applying here? Because this time the center is not a Leaf? I guess the new rule is "You take a Leaf before Gretzky".
Calm down, I voted Marner.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It’s Hockey Futures site. Get with the program. Of course you look at what players did post draft.
If I was a Leafs fan I might call him generational. But I won’t.
:laugh:
Posting what he did the SHL likes it's proof he will have NHL success and become a superstar does not do anything to help him here. He's up against Marner who has 2 years of NHL experience and is already a better player than him.

If in the Leafs next game we see Igor Ozhiganov score 2 goals no Leafs fans are going to say he will win the Calder and Norris Trophy this season.

Reactions: rubous

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I’m never quite sure if you guys are serious or going for sarcasm.
There has been no fanbase over the past two years who has jumped the gun in rating their young players than the Leaf fan base.
You mean the anti leafs fanbase.

Do you even have a favorite team? Or do you just follow the leafs and hate on everything they do

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Does this make some Leafs fans feel better? compare their own established NHL player to a rookie who has 1 NHL game?

hfboards.com never learns. really does it make you guys feel good to see your player is winning a poll they almost can't lose right now?

non homer vote, I chose a player I know will be better.

Elias Pettersson.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Posting what he did the SHL likes it's proof he will have NHL success and become a superstar does not do anything to help him here. He's up against Marner who has 2 years of NHL experience and is already a better player than him.

If in the Leafs next game we see Igor Ozhiganov score 2 goals no Leafs fans are going to say he will win the Calder and Norris Trophy this season.
I should hope not. Given Ozhiganov’s resume that would be an absurd thing to say.
Given Pettersson’s historic SHL season after his draft no one should be surprised that he is going to be an elite player. If you needed an NHL game to tell you that then you haven’t been paying attention.
Spoiler alert: Jack Hughes is going to be another great one.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Does this make some Leafs fans feel better? compare their own established NHL player to a rookie who has 1 NHL game?

hfboards.com never learns. really does it make you guys feel good to see your player is winning a poll they almost can't lose right now?

Elias Pettersson.
This poll was not even started by a Leafs fan.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I'm stunned this poll is tied right now. Stunned. Pettersson is quickly becoming the most overrated player on HF, and that isn't in any way a knock to his talent.
You're just mad the Pettersson vs Hischier polls are close.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Elias Pettersson.

LOL he's not a Leafs fan. Polar opposite as a matter of fact.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Oh how Ironic, now the bullies of hfboards is mad at whoever votes Pettersson, accused of being a Canuck fan (more then 80% of Pettersson voters are names Ive never seen before), while not ignoring the fact that this is a bad poll to begin with.

You clowns calling out the Pettersson votes but not calling out the op who made this dumb poll.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
You mean the anti leafs fanbase.

Do you even have a favorite team? Or do you just follow the leafs and hate on everything they do
this! all he does is downgrade the leafs every chance he gets, I called him out on this and he says the leaf players need acheivments, what has Pettersson done in the nhl not a freaking thing.....

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh how Ironic, now the bullies of hfboards is mad at whoever votes Pettersson, accused of being a Canuck fan (more then 80% of Pettersson voters are names Ive never seen before), while not ignoring the fact that this is a bad poll to begin with.

You clowns calling out the Pettersson votes but not calling out the op who made this dumb poll.
You were the one trying to make Leafs fans look bad for voting for Marner.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
LOL he's not a Leafs fan. Polar opposite as a matter of fact.

ohhh some other fan base you guys probably pissed off again, so now he wants to make you guys feel like crap with a possibility of a player who has 1 NHL game outdo your Marner. Why am I not surprised anymore.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
ohhh some other fan base you guys probably pissed off again, so now he wants to make you guys feel like crap with a possibility of a player who has 1 NHL game outdo your Marner. Why am I not surprised anymore.
I don't know what his angle is and I really don't care. Just find it funny how you instantly jump to the conclusion that it's those dang Leafs fans making unfair polls again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad