Petterson vs Marner

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
People laugh at Leaf fans for saying Matthews is as good as x even if he hasn't produced like them yet, and then in this poll people are comparing a guy with ONE game to Marner.
Well. It’s like when Matthews was winning polls after his first game. This board is called Hockey Futures for a reason. It’s about projecting how players will turn out based in part with what they’ve achieved before and after their draft. Pettersson had a pretty good post draft year.
  • Most regular season points by a U20 player in SHL history
  • Led SHL in regular season scoring
  • Most playoff points by a U20 player in SHL history (single season)
  • Led SHL in playoff scoring
  • Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy Winner (Playoff MVP)
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
People laugh at Leaf fans for saying Matthews is as good as x even if he hasn't produced like them yet, and then in this poll people are comparing a guy with ONE game to Marner.
That's what I would call the definition of hypocrisy among non Leafs fans on here. You never saw any Leafs fans using their players in a poll after just 1 game against any other players with more experience.

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
That's what I would call the definition of hypocrisy among non Leafs fans on here. You never saw any Leafs fans using their players in a poll after just 1 game against any other players with more experience.
I would have taken Pettersson over Marner last year as well. His historic 18-19 years old shl season speak for itself

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lol! Most of us are old enough to remember the Matthews threads after his first game when he scored 4 goals.
The definition of hypocrisy indeed!

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Lol! Most of us are old enough to remember the Matthews threads after his first game when he scored 4 goals.
The definition of hypocrisy indeed!
yup Matthews scored 4 goals, and Petterson had a goal and assist big difference a lot of hype for 2 points imo..... lots of rookies score 2 points in there first game...

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well. It’s like when Matthews was winning polls after his first game. This board is called Hockey Futures for a reason. It’s about projecting how players will turn out based in part with what they’ve achieved before and after their draft. Pettersson had a pretty good post draft year.
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal
Why don't we look at the awards Marner won in the OHL prior to playing in the NHL.

OHL MVP 2016
OHL Playoff MVP 2016
Memorial Cup MVP 2016
Memorial Cup Leading goal scorer 2016
Canadian Hockey League Player of The Year 2016

Basically he won every award possible, so I can play this game as well to show what a player did prior to becoming a full time NHL player.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm stunned this poll is tied right now. Stunned. Pettersson is quickly becoming the most overrated player on HF, and that isn't in any way a knock to his talent.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
yup Matthews scored 4 goals, and Petterson had a goal and assist big difference a lot of hype for 2 points imo..... lots of rookies score 2 points in there first game...
And another Leafs fan who thinks it’s based on his first game. Here you are again:
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal
  • Most goals and point by a junior player

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
And another Leafs fan who thinks it’s based on his first game. Here you are again:
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal
Again let me ask what does all of that mean for what he will do at the NHL level? I swear posting about his accomplishments is the same thing all the Patrick Laine fan boys did when they mentioned everything he won in Finland as to why he deserved the Calder more than Matthews and would become a better player than him. It's even more pathetic trying to compare Petterson's accomplishments from what he did in Sweden because what exactly does he have to compared against Marner for?

Jan 21, 2018
  • SHL Top Forward
  • SHL Rookie of the Year
  • SHL MVP
  • SHL Champion
  • U20 WJHC Silver Medal

Nice list, any of those bullet points come in NHL achievements? Or do you just hand out the franchise centre tag to anyone that lights it up as a prospect?

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Strange, so potential > proven results now?

Even worse, Marner has way higher potential.

The anti leafs brigade at this point is the biggest fan base on this site

Reactions: LeafsNation75

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Again let me ask what does all of that mean for what he will do at the NHL level? I swear posting about his accomplishments is the same thing all the Patrick Laine fan boys did when they mentioned everything he won in Finland as to why he deserved the Calder more than Matthews and would become a better player than him. It's even more pathetic trying to compare Petterson's accomplishments from what he did in Sweden because what exactly does he have to compared against Marner for?
It’s Hockey Futures site. Get with the program. Of course you look at what players did post draft.
If I was a Leafs fan I might call him generational. But I won’t.
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad