Petterson vs Marner

Who do you take going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
this! all he does is downgrade the leafs every chance he gets, I called him out on this and he says the leaf players need acheivments, what has Pettersson done in the nhl not a freaking thing.....
Hey! I’m not calling him generational or comparing him to McDavid. I’m saying I think he can be better than 69 points in his first two years. Seems like a pretty modest expectation given his historic post draft year.
What do you think? 69 points out of reach in the next two years?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
ohhh some other fan base you guys probably pissed off again, so now he wants to make you guys feel like crap with a possibility of a player who has 1 NHL game outdo your Marner. Why am I not surprised anymore.
No rookie after playing just 1 NHL should be included in a poll going up against Mitch Marner. If this was a Petterson vs McDavid poll would you not agree?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey! I’m not calling him generational or comparing him to McDavid. I’m saying I think he can be better than 69 points in his first two years. Seems like a pretty modest expectation given his historic post draft year.
I'm willing to say that Marner is going to break at least 80 points this season before Petterson ever gets better than 69 points.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think its out of reach yes, the league is hard, its game 1 slow down, wait till it tightens up, his little stick handling show will get broken up and the puck will be going back the other way....

Mar 26, 2010
So you are comparing him to Matthews.

I predict Pettersson scores less than 40 points this season. Quote me on it.

Remember, Matthews scored 40 GOALS as a teenager.

Reactions: rubous

Mar 26, 2010
I think its out of reach yes, the league is hard, its game 1 slow down, wait till it tightens up, his little stick handling show will get broken up and the puck will be going back the other way....
100%.

15 goals 35 points for Pettersson this year.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s clearly not out of reach. You can say that you don’t think he’ll do it but we just saw Barzal put up 85 points. It’s definitely in reach for Pettersson.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
It’s clearly not out of reach. You can say that you don’t think he’ll do it but we just saw Barzal put up 85 points. It’s definitely in reach for Pettersson.
now u are comparing him to Barzal, wow you are truly something else.... u might as well quit before u get laughed at, this has to be some sort of joke!!!!!

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Nope. Try reading instead of letting your emotions take over.
no emotions I just cant believe how u can rate a guy higher than Marner after 1 game..... and than say because Barzal done it Petterson can do it, they are not in the same class.....

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
no emotions I just cant believe how u can rate a guy higher than Marner after 1 game..... and than say because Barzal done it Petterson can do it, they are not in the same class.....
No. What I said is that more than 69 points was certainly in reach. Barzal just got 85. I don’t expect Pettersson to put up 85 points. After all I’m not a Leaf fan. :sarcasm:

Mar 26, 2010
It’s booked Hollywood. It’s booked.
:laugh:
Cool. I will bring it up after the season is up.

I will remind you that you said he will score more than 40 goals in his rookie season like Matthews did. I already bookmarked your post.

Mar 26, 2010
No kidding.

Mar 26, 2010
You are making a direct comparison to Auston’s rookie season as a teenager. That was 40 goals.

I said Pettersson would score more than 40 goals? Where?
Have you been drinking?:laugh:
Yes you did. Quoted above. Don’t try to back peddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad