Prospect Info: Petrus Palmu

WestCoastExpress94

Mar 17, 2018
Unlikely to be a NHLer, more likely a elite AHLer with short stints in the NHL, but who knows could explode next year and prove me wrong

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Unlikely to be a NHLer, more likely a elite AHLer with short stints in the NHL, but who knows could explode next year and prove me wrong
I suspect at his size Palmu has been trying to prove people wrong for his entire career....can a 5'6" winger make in the NHL?.....well you just never know....first step though is to light if up in Utica.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I suspect at his size Palmu has been trying to prove people wrong for his entire career....can a 5'6" winger make in the NHL?.....well you just never know....first step though is to light if up in Utica.

Absolutely. Palmu has already defied the odds to make it as far as he has. You gotta cheer for him. Hopefully he'll make it to Utica. I'll hold off on NHL aspirations until and unless he gets the BG seal of approval.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Kid was named rookie of

add that to the list of Canucks prospects that won another something of the year.

Charles Bushman

Apr 22, 2018
He is 5 ft 6 soaking wet.

I know ambo drivers that are 6 ft 11

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
Ok, you are the second person who has said this. My response last time was “how tall is he dry?”

Are you making a joke or completely missing the concept of the idiom?

Forgive me for sounding critical; I just don’t get it.

I picked up on the last misuse of the idiom too. I don't know about you, but I always grow an inch when I shower and then shrink again after drying off.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Depends largely on his skating and his strength. Short players have reach and strength disadvantages but can offset with quickness, agility, and low centre of gravity. Certainly a positive to see but he is older (20) and I’m not sure success in Liiga translates to much outside of very young players (17/18). Still should be interesting to see how he does in Utica and go from there. Would be an amazing story if he became anything at all at the NHL level.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Ok, you are the second person who has said this. My response last time was “how tall is he dry?”

Are you making a joke or completely missing the concept of the idiom?

Forgive me for sounding critical; I just don’t get it.

He's making a joke. This couldn't happen twice.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Depends largely on his skating and his strength. Short players have reach and strength disadvantages but can offset with quickness, agility, and low centre of gravity. Certainly a positive to see but he is older (20) and I’m not sure success in Liiga translates to much outside of very young players (17/18). Still should be interesting to see how he does in Utica and go from there. Would be an amazing story if he became anything at all at the NHL level.
He’s very well built and a decent skater for his height.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I picked up on the last misuse of the idiom too. I don't know about you, but I always grow an inch when I shower and then shrink again after drying off.

For me it depends in the water temperature...when it is cold I tend to get shrinkage but when I am drying myself, sometimes there's some growth.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 4h4 hours ago
Just talked with Petrus Palmu who was named the top rookie in Finland, Palmu tells me that he has been released by TPS to sign with the #Canucks.

Palmu on winning rookie of the year: "It was a good feeling winning that award. After Christmas it started rolling better and better, I feel good about my season."

Palmu: "I am ready for the next step of playing pro hockey in North America. I will have a good summer, take the steps to play in the NHL."

Palmu on his teammate Olli Juolevi: "In playoffs he did a very good job. He started playing better after Christmas."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad