Peterborough Petes 2021-22 Season Thread, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Muting is the only way to watch games in Hamilton. The play by play guy is the biggest homer I've ever heard. Dude should be in the stands and not in the booth.

hes very sensitive to any type of negative critique as well. hes worse then the saginaw guy who actively cheers for the team.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Totally loving our team !
Great effort -super hard working group of kids-we are so much better than our record reflects

Lots of negative comments about our team in the Hamilton thread

Reactions: three dog night

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Totally loving our team !
Great effort -super hard working group of kids-we are so much better than our record reflects

Lots of negative comments about our team in the Hamilton thread
Those couple of fans are just on their high horse cause their favourite team is good. It's best to just let them run their mouth's behind a screen and then enjoy the radio silence next time their team goes through a down year.

I'm going to echo your first point as well, this is a young team that's getting right to work and making a top CHL team have to earn it. Next year could be fun!

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Remember how London traded away Ben Roger this year and their defence looked to get better?

Oke please do that with Guryev

He hurts this team way too often

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Remember how London traded away Ben Roger this year and their defence looked to get better?

Oke please do that with Guryev

He hurts this team way too often
He takes too many penalties but otherwise Guryev is a valuable defenseman. He has untapped skill imo. He is one of the few guys who will plow his way out of his own end carrying the puck along the boards. Most teams don't like playing against him and next year with all of our D returning, we will be very strong on D. As long as we dial back the extra-curricular stuff.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Looking forward to the next 2 nights. I don't think the Petes will even take one game, because once the Bulldogs put the pressure on, it's not even close. And they'll be motivated to destroy the Petes after last night.

Have to wonder how long Simpson can hold up. Lots of shots in both games. I could see him getting a bit tired, especially in the back-to-back games.

The physicality reminds me of old school hockey, which overall is nice, but some of the stuff has been brutal. Stillman spearing/hooking Grushnikov in the balls last night was awful. I wouldn't blame anyone for taking shots at Stillman after that. That play was as dirty as it gets (and clearly intentional).

I love how Guryev plays, but he got lucky last night with one big hit. The announcer was raving about it being a head check, but it didn't look like it. It was definitely a late hit though. I expected he was out of the series (Guryev) but somehow the refs missed it. A lucky break. I don't think he'll get any more breaks, though. The refs will be targeting him as they have all season.

Hard to say whether tomorrow will be as physical and nasty as last night, but it's been a long time since I've been looking forward to games as much as the next two. If the Petes can avoid giving them lots of power plays they just might be able to win a game.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
He takes too many penalties but otherwise Guryev is a valuable defenseman. He has untapped skill imo. He is one of the few guys who will plow his way out of his own end carrying the puck along the boards. Most teams don't like playing against him and next year with all of our D returning, we will be very strong on D. As long as we dial back the extra-curricular stuff.
I dont think he'll ever be able to dial back the extracurricular stuff, it'll only get worse as he gets even bigger and even stronger. My 2 cents

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Did I read that right that the Petes traded both of their seconds and now have a 1st and don't pick until the fourth.....

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Did I read that right that the Petes traded both of their seconds and now have a 1st and don't pick until the fourth.....

WJ
Yeah; it was expected.
There have been good future pick returns coming east for 2022 picks going west, I think

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
hes very sensitive to any type of negative critique as well. hes worse then the saginaw guy who actively cheers for the team.
Saginaw’s “colour man” is just too much. I watch their games to hear him exclaim after the goals, both for and against.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Well the boys have showed a lot of heart in this series taken some very stupid penalties. If we don’t get a win tmrw and Hamilton finishes the sweep. It’s a sweep that will feel like a 7 game series they will need the days off to heal up.

Reactions: Zebra

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Well the boys have showed a lot of heart in this series taken some very stupid penalties. If we don’t get a win tmrw and Hamilton finishes the sweep. It’s a sweep that will feel like a 7 game series they will need the days off to heal up.
I agree

These Hamilton guys are winning but limping off -sorely beaten up

Our guys are losing but uninjured (knock wood)

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Experience....cant win next year if have no playoff experience. young team, experience outweighs difference of 3 to 6th pick
Im sorry but thats a load of crap. Getting spanked in the first round in 4 games is not going to boost this team to the OHL finals next year. This team is losing two of it's top 4 scorers and we have very little trade capital and we aren't going to get lucky and get a 86 point player for a 6th like this year. I'd rather have a better shot at getting a first year player who will make a difference and fill a hole over getting spanked to say we played 4 playoff games.

North Bay just swept Ottawa with only having two players with one playoff series under their belt. Hamilton is putting a beat down on us with basically no playoff experience.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Im sorry but thats a load of crap. Getting spanked in the first round in 4 games is not going to boost this team to the OHL finals next year. This team is losing two of it's top 4 scorers and we have very little trade capital and we aren't going to get lucky and get a 86 point player for a 6th like this year. I'd rather have a better shot at getting a first year player who will make a difference and fill a hole over getting spanked to say we played 4 playoff games.

North Bay just swept Ottawa with only having two players with one playoff series under their belt. Hamilton is putting a beat down on us with basically no playoff experience.
Hamilton has 8 guys that won the championship in 2018 on the team. The Petes just traded two 2nds for two future 2nds and two 3rds to get more draft capital. Only those that never played the game at this level would make a comment about not needing playoff experience. Tell me a team that won the OHL championship the following year they didnt make the playoffs? I looked, there isnt one.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
How did Carroll fare vs Xhekaj?
Xhekaj is a dirty dirty player who gets away with everything on the ice the same with McTavish the OHL officials will not ever suspend one of these pampered players? Something like 12 of 17 goals scored by Hamilton on power play, funny they don't do much 5 on 5 ? lol

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Lost total respect with Mason McTavish, has played dirty cheap shot hockey throuout this series. Hot dogging after goals, what did the fans of Peterborough ever do to you, other than cheer for you and support you? Grow up twirling you stick on way to bench putting it in a shieth? Silly childish antics. You should be ashamed of your self. How did you do in Olympics Superstar lol didn't see any twirling of your stick there ? Lol were you even dressed? Didn"t see any points put up by you? Superstar

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Lost total respect with Mason McTavish, has played dirty cheap shot hockey throuout this series. Hot dogging after goals, what did the fans of Peterborough ever do to you, other than cheer for you and support you? Grow up twirling you stick on way to bench putting it in a shieth? Silly childish antics. You should be ashamed of your self. How did you do in Olympics Superstar lol didn't see any twirling of your stick there ? Lol were you even dressed? Didn"t see any points put up by you? Superstar

Aren't you the same guy that was calling people "sissys" and telling people to stop whining in the Bulldogs thread?

Hypocrite much?

Reactions: Canadian Game

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Hamilton has 8 guys that won the championship in 2018 on the team. The Petes just traded two 2nds for two future 2nds and two 3rds to get more draft capital. Only those that never played the game at this level would make a comment about not needing playoff experience. Tell me a team that won the OHL championship the following year they didnt make the playoffs? I looked, there isnt one.

That would mean Hamilton has 8 OAs on their roster. They have no one left from their championship team. Liam Van Loon and Navrin Mutter are the only two still in the league, both traded this year.

I don't think anyone would argue a long playoff run isn't hugely beneficial, but it's hard to prove one way or the other that getting beat 4 (or 5) games in the first round is going to make them a better team a year from now. Of the 16 teams that got playoff experience this year, the Petes (along with Ottawa) are likely going to get the least amount. So why are the Petes better prepared then the 14 teams that got more experience?

The Petes should be a good team next year, they will go as far as their talent will take them, I doubt this series against Hamilton is going to be what takes them to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad