Peterborough Petes 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Finally got a day off and found the Germany vs Switzerland stream so can see Brian Zanetti and Switzerland healthy scratches him last minute.... Come on

This is just so “2020”-everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this year!

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Sitting here in anticipation of Nick Robertson making my the leafs playoff roster. Was bored looking around at stats Oshawa drafted Mitchell brewer the pick before we drafted Robertson One more thing I love about Robbie. Can’t wait to watch some playoff hockey

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Sitting here in anticipation of Nick Robertson making my the leafs playoff roster. Was bored looking around at stats Oshawa drafted Mitchell brewer the pick before we drafted Robertson One more thing I love about Robbie. Can’t wait to watch some playoff hockey

it’s crazy how Roger Hunt had the foresight to know that Robertson is too good to draft because he would be out of the OHL by year 4 and Brewer would be his captain in a “win now” year...

*I’m kidding Petes fans, chill ;)*

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
it’s crazy how Roger Hunt had the foresight to know that Robertson is too good to draft because he would be out of the OHL by year 4 and Brewer would be his captain in a “win now” year...

this season with Robbie on your roster would have ran away with the east

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016

Alright, you get just a few more of those but then we're really going to have to do something about it.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Why can't I find any news about the OHL 2020-21 season? Are they planning for a season of some kind or what?

I don't think there has been anything from the CHL since mid June. I think they're still hoping to start a season in October or November, but who really knows. With the problems MLB has already run into, a season of any kind for the OHL seems very unlikely to me.

Reactions: ptbopete

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Word is that Mctavish may be seriously considering Switzerland this year given that the OHL season is questionable.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
According to the Examiner, the OHL is aiming for a December 1 start. 64 games. Inter-conference only.

Should we start putting down bets on whether this will actually happen?

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
If McTavish starts the year in the NLA, does he come back?

I guess it depends on how he's doing but does he leave the NLA mid season to play another 64 games in the OHL?

I don't know if many 17 year olds make the NLA though.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

I guess it depends on how he's doing but does he leave the NLA mid season to play another 64 games in the OHL?

He has a contract to play for the Petes and my understanding as a non import player the Petes have his playing rights. I am basing this on what was said when Zack Kassian was drafted into the KHL as a 17 year old. At the time Jeff Twohey stated that he had a contract with the Petes and they were holding him to it.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Not many , however not many players are in Switzerland are potential top 10 picks.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004

I would think that would be the plan. I figure the Swiss league is his option knowing that there's a good chance there won't be an OHL season.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
He has a contract to play for the Petes and my understanding as a non import player the Petes have his playing rights. I am basing this on what was said when Zack Kassian was drafted into the KHL as a 17 year old. At the time Jeff Twohey stated that he had a contract with the Petes and they were holding him to it.
The standard player agreement contains obligations for both parties. If the team does not provide hockey for the player, I cannot see anything preventing him from walking.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
In a normal season, Mason would be in a position to put himself into the top 5 NHL pick discussion, or could see his stock fall out of the 1st round. I don't blame him at all for making sure he's gonna see the ice and show scouts what he's about.

OHL can make plans all they want, but if they return and we have a Miami Marlins situation, they're gonna shut that shit down right away. Can't jeopardize kids lives for money, we're not the Hunger Games or the NCAA.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
In a normal season, Mason would be in a position to put himself into the top 5 NHL pick discussion, or could see his stock fall out of the 1st round. I don't blame him at all for making sure he's gonna see the ice and show scouts what he's about.

OHL can make plans all they want, but if they return and we have a Miami Marlins situation, they're gonna shut that shit down right away. Can't jeopardize kids lives for money, we're not the Hunger Games or the NCAA.

Exactly. I sure hope we can see OHL this season, but based on what has happened to MLB trying to play without a bubble (granted the US is in much, much worse shape) I don't see how they'll be able to pull off a season of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad