Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Unrelated to the draft, but I just saw in my email that there's a Leafs alumni thing at the Mem Centre November 8th. So I take it that means we can expect Petes home games to start by then, or maybe the beginning of November.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Interesting that he’s headed to the ECHL instead of AHL and that he signed an ATO instead of his ELC.... this stint in the ECHL is likely make or break for him signing or not.

Could be. I would also think because of how much time he missed this season, going to the ECHL gives him a chance to play more than he would in the AHL.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
And if Jack Hughes came, Missy would've had a great draft 2 years ago
Okaaaay read the article from ohl writer regarding drafts has Petes way ahead of anyone in first 5 rounds, its stats I know, but I just don’t see bad drafts I see them not supplementing with highly skilled euros and any US kids which hurt them and that’s all about connections

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Kingston wright
Flint othmann
Erie Lockhart
Barrie mctavish
Petes Clarke

Possible now if mctavish is available for Barrie and truly doesn’t want petes??

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Kingston wright
Flint othmann
Erie Lockhart
Barrie mctavish
Petes Clarke

Possible now if mctavish is available for Barrie and truly doesn’t want petes??

why would Barrie pass on clarke, everyone seems to say that’s a lock

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
FWIW, I was told Brandt Clarke wouldn’t report to Petes either.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
North Bay fan here. I have noticed some references to home games not starting until late Oct./early Nov. Is the arena undergoing renovations?

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
North Bay fan here. I have noticed some references to home games not starting until late Oct./early Nov. Is the arena undergoing renovations?

Yep. They need to dig up the floor in the south end and repair a bunch of stuff under there. They aren't starting the work until beginning of June though, which means Petes will play the first 5-6 weeks on the road. Well, that's if the work is done on time, which would be shocking. They also just had to pay another $178 000 on roof repairs that they've been doing. Needless to say, a new arena is desperately needed.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I don't think McTavish has ever had any reservations about playing for the Petes.

Who knows. I have seen Brock Otten or TheScout (forget which mock it was) mention something about whether he'd report or not. Was that because they saw OHL insiders tweet or because they heard something of their own? Not sure. Oke needs to be 100% sure with this 5th overall pick though. Even if he has to take the safe pick and then trade that guy at the deadline to bolster the lineup, ala Kingston with Robbie Burt then traded him for Dal Cole

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I heard on the radio today that the Petes home opener was slated for Oct 17-

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Chisholm heading to the AHL on a professional tryout. Good for him, really good D+1 year for him. He took a backseat once Merkley came but I thought he was the better defenseman in the post-season.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Can a team have a defected player two seasons in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad