Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
If I'm Wilson, I'm tweaking the lines a bit...
T. Robertson in.......Guryev out
Butler seems a little out of sorts and that line hasn't been great 5 on 5.
T. Robertson needs back in.
IMO, JPJ is being showcased for a possible trade so it's probably worth playing him on D.

Kirk-Gallant-McTavish
Robertson-DerArguchintsev-Butler
Little-Grondin-Hinz
Denault-Avon-Robertson

Chisholm-McNamara
Paquette-Maier
Spearing-ParkerJones

I would not even consider moving Butler, he will be fine. Getting his chances and eventually they will go in. Not a time to panic. He is a huge piece of this team. Is Cogeco carrying this afternoon's game?
Jones

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
If I'm Wilson, I'm tweaking the lines a bit...
T. Robertson in.......Guryev out
Butler seems a little out of sorts and that line hasn't been great 5 on 5.
T. Robertson needs back in.
IMO, JPJ is being showcased for a possible trade so it's probably worth playing him on D.

Kirk-Gallant-McTavish
Robertson-DerArguchintsev-Butler
Little-Grondin-Hinz
Denault-Avon-Robertson

Chisholm-McNamara
Paquette-Maier
Spearing-ParkerJones

Jones

There’s no chance they miss with that Robertson-SDA-Kirk line.... why mess with a good thing just to hope it gets butler going?

I agree that T.Robertson needs to play. Hutton too when his shoulder recovers.

SSM doesn’t televise games first month of the season to make fans come to the arena... nice idea and all but sucks for fans of the visiting team.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
There’s no chance they miss with that Robertson-SDA-Kirk line.... why mess with a good thing just to hope it gets butler going?

I agree that T.Robertson needs to play. Hutton too when his shoulder recovers.

SSM doesn’t televise games first month of the season to make fans come to the arena... nice idea and all but sucks for fans of the visiting team.
That whole line with Gallant, Butler and McTavish are all minuses. IMO swapping Butler and Kirk balances the two lines. I don’t deny that Kirk, NRob and SDA have been dynamic offensively but in two games where the Petes scored 6 goals, they lost. In those two games, Gallant/Butler/McTavish were a combined - 14 .
It’s not going to hurt to swap those two guys for a period or two......it’s early in the season. You can switch back at any time.

The Petes need to stay out of the box as well.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
That whole line with Gallant, Butler and McTavish are all minuses. IMO swapping Butler and Kirk balances the two lines. I don’t deny that Kirk, NRob and SDA have been dynamic offensively but in two games where the Petes scored 6 goals, they lost. In those two games, Gallant/Butler/McTavish were a combined - 14 .
It’s not going to hurt to swap those two guys for a period or two......it’s early in the season. You can switch back at any time.

The Petes need to stay out of the box as well.

Anyone know why Hinz is not in lineup?

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Only a few games on tv from the Sault
After the first several games all our other games are on TV except against the US teams because they do not televise ours in a manner that we can view them. Not sure why ours are never on the first few games, but it is not the clubs doing I was told.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
couldnt your starter play friday sunday? shoulve played back up against NB, seemed like a no brainer from outside?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Another big time road win vs a top team seems like this team buckles down vs better competition but can’t let the weaker teams steal points.

It that correct Petes didn’t get 1 PP in the entire game?? Soo went 0/2

Reactions: ptbopete

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Just a solid road win. Robertson-SDA-Butler looked pretty good. I liked Kirk's game on the 2nd line. Also Hutton looks good again and what can you say about Grondin? Grondin is one of the best Petes in the early going . Hunter Jones so solid between the pipes.

Reactions: three dog night

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
We've basically had Robertson - SDA - Kirk and Jones carrying us to wins. Imagine how good this team can be when Gallant gets going. He's -6 right now, playing some tough assignments and being asked to elevate his linemates, but I think this is a guy that's going to finish with 30+ goals and be a real difference maker.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
We've basically had Robertson - SDA - Kirk and Jones carrying us to wins. Imagine how good this team can be when Gallant gets going. He's -6 right now, playing some tough assignments and being asked to elevate his linemates, but I think this is a guy that's going to finish with 30+ goals and be a real difference maker.
Gallant has been noticeable in a positive way. I have seen him play better and maybe the goals will come. In fact I would say that Grondin has been playing very Gallant-like or at least how Gallant has played in the past. I'm still not seeing the Chisolm I would like to see. He's been playing well don't get me wrong but does anybody agree that he can play better?

Reactions: Diaero

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004

And with any luck that will coincide with when we get to see lots of home games!

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone know why Hinz is not in lineup?
Examiner says lower body strain for Hinz.

I'm not sure how they can keep Hutton out of the lineup going forward, he has goals in both games he's played. I know some of those games were possibly missed due to injury but were all of them?

Last edited:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I know it's premature, but I'm interested to hear on feelings about all of our 2000s and what next year looks like for them.......

H. Jones - plays pro
JPJ - probably go to school; *may play as an OA somewhere, but not Peterborough
Chisholm - plays pro
Maier - play pro in Europe?......really not sure
McNamara - plays as an OA with the Petes + a letter on his jersey (hometown boy)
Denault - probably go to school; *may play as an OA somewhere, but not Peterborough
Little - *play as an OA somewhere, but not Peterborough
Grondin - plays as an OA with the Petes + a letter on his jersey
Hinz - plays as an OA with the Petes + a letter on his jersey
Kirk - plays pro
SDA - plays pro

If Oke spends heavy between now and the deadline with draft picks, he will be hoping to recoup some picks by moving a number of these guys in the off season, to teams in need of an OA. It's just so hard to know. So much depends on the depth of the pro organization.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Cam Butler listed as a 'C' in the players to watch by Central Scouting. I still think he has to climb all these lists/rankings as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad