Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Confidence builds on itself. I agree with whomever said it here that it's good that the Petes are beating the teams they should beat because they weren't doing that a few weeks ago. My only complaint today is that the Petes played their top PP unit against Niagara when they were up 9-1 or something. Why? To pad stats?

The way they’ve played the last few weeks Playing top units up 9-1 is trying to keep the chemistry we’ve built. It’s gunna hurt when up big but gotta keep the confidence up like you said. You can’t let your foot off the gas from here on out

Reactions: dirty12

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Confidence builds on itself. I agree with whomever said it here that it's good that the Petes are beating the teams they should beat because they weren't doing that a few weeks ago. My only complaint today is that the Petes played their top PP unit against Niagara when they were up 9-1 or something. Why? To pad stats?
SDA and Robertson weren’t on the first few power plays and they were rotating two units. Kinda hard to just shut two lines down that early in the game. The final few they were trying to get SDA the hat trick. Not great sportsmanship but there’s not too many games where SDA has more than one goal.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
there is always a transition when you pick up players at trade deadline guys move up some move down some can adjust some it takes time..Petes seem to be over that at this stage and purring fine heading down the stretch here for playoffs. Not really concerned if Petes end up 4th or not as I do feel like they can handle the 67's in a series if thats the big concern. Playoffs are won on special teams and thsi team is clicking on the PP. Also good for Austin to get that win as well

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

practice, 4/6 is not perfect. The special teams need to be sharp for the playoffs.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Does anyone have any idea on the playoff schedule?
Would the first 2 home games be March 24 and then March 26?

My little dog has to have surgery and I am trying to schedule her operation-

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
3 years ago when the Petes last had home ice, first two games were Thurs, Sat. No guarantee it's the same this year though so YMMV.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Does anyone have any idea on the playoff schedule?
Would the first 2 home games be March 24 and then March 26?

My little dog has to have surgery and I am trying to schedule her operation-

I would guess it would be Thursday, Saturday for games 1 and 2. The 26th and 28th. Just speculation, though. They like to keep their regular home nights as much as possible.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
do we really have to pay upfront for every potential playoff game and then if the Petes lose, go in and get a refund? Like they want me to pay like $1000 right now to potentially go in and get a $880 refund?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
do we really have to pay upfront for every potential playoff game and then if the Petes lose, go in and get a refund? Like they want me to pay like $1000 right now to potentially go in and get a $880 refund?

This is crazy for a hockey superstitious person like myself!
I can’t buy 4 rounds of play off tickets at once - that’s like celebrating the shut out in the 2nd period!

Reactions: Hockey Stick

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
What I understand ... you pay for each round of playoff home games on day of 1st Home game for the current round

So for Round 1 .. we have included the first 2 home games with ST package ... if you want Home games 3/4 .. they will be charged on day of 1st game of Round 1

Round 2 .. If you submitted you want all Home games for that series .. they will charge you on day of Game 1 for all Home games of that series
same with Round 3 & 4

** If Home games are not required and paid for .. you will receive credit on acct for Home games not needed during that round, and be able to use that credit toward next round games

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
What I understand ... you pay for each round of playoff home games on day of 1st Home game for the current round

So for Round 1 .. we have included the first 2 home games with ST package ... if you want Home games 3/4 .. they will be charged on day of 1st game of Round 1

Round 2 .. If you submitted you want all Home games for that series .. they will charge you on day of Game 1 for all Home games of that series
same with Round 3 & 4

** If Home games are not required and paid for .. you will receive credit on acct for Home games not needed during that round, and be able to use that credit toward next round games

This sounds better to me- but why did the email mention refunds?
If the first 2 home games of each round are charged on the first day of the round why is a refund needed?

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
You only pay for the round that is being played, upfront ... other rounds will be charged once it's been determined

Round 1 ... If you are interested in the entire series .. we need to pay for Home games 3 & 4 on opening night of round 1 (if you want them)
If Home games 3 & 4 aren't needed (Petes sweep or we get swept) .. those games will be refunded after the round is complete

Round 2 ... We have no tickets for this in our ST package .. so if you are interested in getting your seats for the full round .. you will be charged for 3 or 4 Home games for that round (depending if we get Home ice) on the day of 1st home game of series

Same with Round 3 & 4

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
You only pay for the round that is being played, upfront ... other rounds will be charged once it's been determined

Round 1 ... If you are interested in the entire series .. we need to pay for Home games 3 & 4 on opening night of round 1 (if you want them)
If Home games 3 & 4 aren't needed (Petes sweep or we get swept) .. those games will be refunded after the round is complete

Round 2 ... We have no tickets for this in our ST package .. so if you are interested in getting your seats for the full round .. you will be charged for 3 or 4 Home games for that round (depending if we get Home ice) on the day of 1st home game of series

Same with Round 3 & 4

Thanks for the info and clarification-Is this the direction of OHL hockey now or is this situation unique to the Petes?
Credit card Refunds cost the business issuing the refund some money -

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Sounds like the NHL is going to join the NBA in suspending the season. You have to think the CHL is going to follow suit? Tonight could be the last game we see in a while.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Sounds like the NHL is going to join the NBA in suspending the season. You have to think the CHL is going to follow suit? Tonight could be the last game we see in a while.

Wouldn't surprise me the way things are going. Of course it would happen during the one season the Petes are contenders! I would expect by the time the playoffs start there will be a ban on large public gatherings in Ontario.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I will literally cry if this is how things end.... we finally get out of the slump heading into the playoffs. Thanks China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zebra

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me the way things are going. Of course it would happen during the one season the Petes are contenders! I would expect by the time the playoffs start there will be a ban on large public gatherings in Ontario.
Imagine the Petes playing in the Memorial Cup final and its empty!
Waited all my life to see the Petes win the Memorial Cup -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad