Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think we will see Jones back next year.

He's a 2nd round pick to the NHL. As a goalie that's super high. And MIN only has 1 non-NHL goalie signed next year as of right now (and it's their ECHL backup) to fill 4 AHL/ECHL spots next year. Jones will not be back

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
If Kirk doesn't sign, would he come back or return home? A big year playing with Robertson could be his best shot at an NHL contract.

If one of York/McNamara isn't back, the defence would be Spearing and 5 rookies.

Jones, Kirk, Grondin, and York would be my top 4 choices.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Season officially done. Really brutal that it had to happen in a season with one of the best Petes teams in the last decade or two. Really got to feel for the OA's... tough way to end junior careers

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I think theres a slim chance of Jones and Chisholm being returned since they both remain unsigned but unlikely. It would be nice to have some solid players return so we at least have an average team next season. Keeping middle of the pack and avoid trading Robertson who's been the best Pete in a long long time. So disappointing we got such a small sample of Thomas, he was just starting to surge at the right time. Us Petes fans can't catch a break..:(

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The fact we got thomas so cheap imagine how the gens will feel 9 picks for 26 games from tomasino

Within a span of 3 posts, Petes fans are really going to argue that Hunter Jones isn't even good enough for the ECHL but that Tomasino is a sure fire NHLer at 19...? Hahaha come on

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Within a span of 3 posts, Petes fans are really going to argue that Hunter Jones isn't even good enough for the ECHL but that Tomasino is a sure fire NHLer at 19...? Hahaha come on
Theres likely a 5-10% chance Jones returns only because of the current situation. Id say there's a 15-20% chance Tomasino moves on. Tomasino isn't far off guys like Robert Thomas, Fabberi and Hayton. Potentially having no playoffs this year could be a big impact that those others I listed had the benefit of.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017

The fact everytime someone posts something about tomasino playing for Nashville you jump on it to say otherwise. Shows you to are nervous it could happen let’s see what happens

Reactions: BarberPole9

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The fact everytime someone posts something about tomasino playing for Nashville you jump on it to say otherwise. Shows you to are nervous it could happen let’s see what happens

*Breaking news from NHL Network*
Nashville GM David Poile decides to do something he hasn't done once in his 23 years as NSH GM and is going to keep a non-top 10 drafted CHL player in the NHL for his 19 year old season because an hfboard poster responded to a couple posts about it.

Back in reality, I'm just saying its funny that in the same 4-5 post span, Petes fans are saying nahhhh Hunter Jones isn't ready for the ECHL (!) and they think he'll be back in the O next year but the same people are also 100% sure that Phil Tomasino is ready at 19 for the NHL. That's just funny.

Is it possible Tomasino makes the NHL next year? Sure, it's possible. But its very unlikely. Same for Nick Robertson. With how strapped for cap space the Leafs are, it's possible he's in the NHL next year, but it's very unlikely.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Anyone have any idea the possible players available when we draft? With us having a competitive team this year I haven't followed any draft talk at all.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Anyone have any idea the possible players available when we draft? With us having a competitive team this year I haven't followed any draft talk at all.
Should be some good ones guindon alfano melee Stonehouse Christy Poitras I think this year is so hard as seems teams have guys in all different orders

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Should be some good ones guindon alfano melee Stonehouse Christy Poitras I think this year is so hard as seems teams have guys in all different orders
It is especially difficult with all of the US players near the top. The defense looks pretty thin next year, even if they keep both York and McNamara as OAs.
Depth chart:
York
Spearing
McNamara
Guryev
Kavanagh
???????

IMO the Petes will need to target a Dman with their 1st pick in the MM draft and/or the import draft

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I don't think McNamara warrants an OA position. Even York and Grondin are kind of underwhelming options. I like them all but they're depth players when we need game changers, unless we're phoning in next season, selling Robertson off high and building around McTavish/Avon and our younger guys. Which makes sense, cause assuming we lose Jones, SDA, Thomas, and potentially Kirk then we're going to need four top six forwards, a starting goalie, a whole new defense corps...

Looks like we're better off just accepting our fate next season. Sell Robertson for a King's ransom, hope McTavish takes over the mantle in his draft year.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I don't think McNamara warrants an OA position. Even York and Grondin are kind of underwhelming options. I like them all but they're depth players when we need game changers, unless we're phoning in next season, selling Robertson off high and building around McTavish/Avon and our younger guys. Which makes sense, cause assuming we lose Jones, SDA, Thomas, and potentially Kirk then we're going to need four top six forwards, a starting goalie, a whole new defense corps...

Looks like we're better off just accepting our fate next season. Sell Robertson for a King's ransom, hope McTavish takes over the mantle in his draft year.

York and Grondin will be great OA’s next season I think. The third spot is underwhelming though with Hinz and McNamara as options

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
It is especially difficult with all of the US players near the top. The defense looks pretty thin next year, even if they keep both York and McNamara as OAs.
Depth chart:
York
Spearing
McNamara
Guryev
Kavanagh
???????

IMO the Petes will need to target a Dman with their 1st pick in the MM draft and/or the import draft
I would take the best forward for petes pick then a dman with their 1st 2nd where theyll get a decent one imo. if you ranked US players in a top 20 there would be lots for sure but im hearing very few will be coming to ohl think US picks usndp team next week? so that will decide for a few id say. So does london take one in 1st or their early 2nd? id guess with the early 2nd...and they miracously report lol. stay safe out there hf'boarders!!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Nashville GM David Poile decides to do something he hasn't done once in his 23 years as NSH GM and is going to keep a non-top 10 drafted CHL player in the NHL for his 19 year old season because an hfboard poster responded to a couple posts about it.

Back in reality, I'm just saying its funny that in the same 4-5 post span, Petes fans are saying nahhhh Hunter Jones isn't ready for the ECHL (!) and they think he'll be back in the O next year but the same people are also 100% sure that Phil Tomasino is ready at 19 for the NHL. That's just funny.

Is it possible Tomasino makes the NHL next year? Sure, it's possible. But its very unlikely. Same for Nick Robertson. With how strapped for cap space the Leafs are, it's possible he's in the NHL next year, but it's very unlikely.

67’s fan here coming in peace. I was really looking forward to what I believe would have been an incredible East final for our two teams. Especially disappointed for Hudson Wilson, one of the nicest and toughest players I’ve seen in the league the past five years.

This Oshawa poster lives in a delusional world where Cole Perfetti plays for the Gens and his incredible acquisition Phil Tomasino who will propel the Gens to the 2021 Mem Cup has no chance to make the NHL only because he says so. His takes are so bad that they make Eklund look like Bob McKenzie.

Good luck to you guys next year and sorry for the crappy news for this year, trust me I feel your pain.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

The league is changing quickly over the last few years. Teams are becoming more and more willing to let younger guys in (especially those with speed and skill). Poile is either on thin ice or he may end up fired all together. That team is looking to change the course and they need skill up front badly. If Tomasino works his butt off this summer, he has a shot!

Petes fans I'm sorry that you were robbed of this run. Being an Ice Dogs fan, I was rooting for you with Thomas and Paquette on the team!

Reactions: BarberPole9

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
67’s fan here coming in peace. I was really looking forward to what I believe would have been an incredible East final for our two teams. Especially disappointed for Hudson Wilson, one of the nicest and toughest players I’ve seen in the league the past five years.

This Oshawa poster lives in a delusional world where Cole Perfetti plays for the Gens and his incredible acquisition Phil Tomasino who will propel the Gens to the 2021 Mem Cup has no chance to make the NHL only because he says so. His takes are so bad that they make Eklund look like Bob McKenzie.

Good luck to you guys next year and sorry for the crappy news for this year, trust me I feel your pain.
It is sad; the 67s and Petes seemed destined to meet in the east final. On behalf of Petes’ fans I want to thank.....
-OA Captain Zach Gallant.... a solid leader, who was tough to play against and was one of the league leaders in PP goals.....he grew into the player the Petes expected when they drafted him, overcoming a rough rookie season and a season where was injured for over half of the season after being named captain.

- OA Jacob Paquette who added stability to the back end and helped slow down the top offensive opponents

- OA Hudson Wilson.....see above....plus I liked the way he lead by example- first guy to step up when an opponent targeted one of his teammates, he was so solid defensively and was a great role model for Shawn Spearing......I hope Spearing grows into the player Wilson is.

I know that other players have also played their final game in a Petes uniform, but I’ll wait until that scene is clearer to comment on them......which could be quite awhile for some of these players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad