Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Goalies are voodoo and junior hockey is still a place where you can get away with winning a tittle without having the best goalie or even a great one as long as you have a good enough team in front of them. Look at Popovich last season. Sub 0.900 save % and a GAA over 3. Guelph won a title with him. Frappier is putting up similar numbers this season so I don't see how you can make your prediction based on goaltending.

the last three OHL champions; Guelph, Hamilton, & Erie had goalies with a SV% slightly below 0.900.

Reactions: Finster8

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
have said it all year give Gallant some skill to play with pehaps McTavish and Kirk really makes me wonder about our coach?

or, Robertson-SDA-McTavish then Gallant-Thomas-Kirk to really have two scoring lines.
I think Gallant-McTavish has been tried often enough to realize they are not great together, not even as good as Grondin-McTavish

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Goalies are voodoo and junior hockey is still a place where you can get away with winning a tittle without having the best goalie or even a great one as long as you have a good enough team in front of them. Look at Popovich last season. Sub 0.900 save % and a GAA over 3. Guelph won a title with him. Frappier is putting up similar numbers this season so I don't see how you can make your prediction based on goaltending.
Also, Frappier has really started to find his game recently. Only 3 losses since November in 14 outings, and a .898 sv% during that same stretch. Or if you look at his last 7 outings it's a .909 sv%. You do need a hot goaltender to go far in the playoffs, and fortunately for Saginaw, Frappier is getting hot.

Reactions: Finster8

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
The first 2 periods (especially the first 30 minutes) definitely lived up to the billing (the standings going into last night). It was fun to watch and made me think it would be a great series if these two teams played. The wheels came off late, but it's junior hockey and it happens. Nothing to get too worried about. I expect they'll pick up at least 3 of 4 points the rest of the weekend.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Also, it looks like Robertson should be the Petes first 50 goal scorer since 92-93! (Harding and Dawe both over 50).

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I’m assuming going into tonight Wilson will make some line adjustments or should as we all think I’d like to see him give this a try could be good

Robbie Thomas mctavish
Tucker gallant sda
Little grondin hinz
McMullen Avon jpj

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I’m assuming going into tonight Wilson will make some line adjustments or should as we all think I’d like to see him give this a try could be good

Robbie Thomas mctavish
Tucker gallant sda
Little grondin hinz
McMullen Avon jpj
I don't hate the look of those, but I can't see Wilson breaking up that top line, especially not Robertson and SDA. They've been the consistent go-to pairing all year

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I don't hate the look of those, but I can't see Wilson breaking up that top line, especially not Robertson and SDA. They've been the consistent go-to pairing all year
Yeah keep Robertson and SDA together, Thomas on a strong second line isn't a bad idea.

I really like Thomas, he's a great player but having him here makes me recognize just how good Robertson is (i.e. better player/NHL prospect, IMO).

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
NorthernVoice, why the need to DM me this so the mods like @EON and @nelli27 can't see it when you can just post your idiotic messages for everyone to see?

You're a grown man. Grow up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.00.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 6.00.53 PM.png
    381 KB · Views: 6

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Why the hell is Austin playing tonight?? Why would you not play him in Hamilton. Mississauga is no slouch.

Reactions: Diaero

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Tye Austin and letting in the first shot on goal, name a more iconic duo.

Except Tye Austin and letting in the second shot on goal too.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Bringing this too the thread isnt being the bigger person. Everyone knows you two have your dislike for each other, but please keep it between yourselves

nah. He’s going to be a coward and do that so nobody sees him so he can still play moral arbiter on this board, everyone can see who he really is

and that was all over me saying we should start to get a little worried... and we lose again to MISS.. is our king NV goinf to allow us to be worried yet? Or let me guess, he thinks MISS is a championship team too so we can’t worry

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Tough one tonight. Steelheads goalie played very well. Austin bounced back but he really needs to have better starts to games.

Shake up in the lines seemed to provide a spark and even got Hinz on the board.

Did another D go down? I noticed JPJ getting shifts on the backend.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Tough one tonight. Steelheads goalie played very well. Austin bounced back but he really needs to have better starts to games.

Shake up in the lines seemed to provide a spark and even got Hinz on the board.

Did another D go down? I noticed JPJ getting shifts on the backend.
Who takes responsibility for too many men on ice penalties?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I feel like we’re going to go out and absolutely kill Hamilton like 9-1 on Sunday

It’s Hamilton’s 3rd of a 3-in-3 and a 1pm start after a 7:30pm road game the night before

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I feel like we’re going to go out and absolutely kill Hamilton like 9-1 on Sunday

It’s Hamilton’s 3rd of a 3-in-3 and a 1pm start after a 7:30pm road game the night before

What a perfect opportunity to start our backup goalie, while we play Jones against the Steelheads and get an easy 2 points.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
What a perfect opportunity to start our backup goalie, while we play Jones against the Steelheads and get an easy 2 points.
Starting Austin against the Steelheads is a real head scratcher to me especially when they play a weaker Hamilton team on Sunday. Mississauga is a pretty good team and shouldn’t be taken lightly. I will say that Austin played well for the most part but you can’t let in the first two shots of the game that early, we essentially started the game down by two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad