Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Well that just happened. Hoping to get in before all of the usually "the sky is falling, this team isnt good enough" posts come in. Bounce back in the next tilt

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Painful to watch piss poor performances like tonight. You’d think the guy would be up for games like this but they only put enough effort for half a game.

Kirk being out really creates a imbalance in the offence and it’s all left on the top line.

Hopefully they show up tomorrow night because Mississauga isn’t going to be an easy win.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Well that just happened. Hoping to get in before all of the usually "the sky is falling, this team isnt good enough" posts come in. Bounce back in the next tilt

Painful to watch piss poor performances like tonight. You’d think the guy would be up for games like this but they only put enough effort for half a game.

Kirk being out really creates a imbalance in the offence and it’s all left on the top line.

Hopefully they show up tomorrow night because Mississauga isn’t going to be an easy win.
lol

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Got to agree. Looked like on tv, that missed opportunities to go up 3-1 or 4-1, then 3 guys get outhustled by 1 to score shorthanded , then give up another in last minute of period. Cant do that against top teams. Really notice no Paquette and Kirk.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Saginaw was everything I expected tonight. And probably should have won that game earlier than they did but to be in it 3-2 late and a bad giveaway by jones on a bad line change and game over Saginaw is the team coming outta the west in my opinion so now the boys know what they gotta do. Why is hinz on the ice?? And why the f*** is mctavish on a line with Parker jones I think Wilson is a great coach but come on

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Could have won tonight, had lots of chances. Jones stopped a lot of Grade A chances too.

No one outside our top line looked particularly good. Not sure the last time the Hinz - Gallant - Little line scored, so why not give Gallant some better linemates like Tucker or McTavish.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Sure, but give Saginaw some credit, that's a very good team too.
Not trying to take credit away from Saginaw, they’re a very good team and deserved to win. We have a very good team too and I think we could have won with a better effort in the second half.

Game is over and can’t be changed. On to Mississauga and maybe Wilson can give Gallant some line mates that can do something...

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Saginaw was everything I expected tonight. And probably should have won that game earlier than they did but to be in it 3-2 late and a bad giveaway by jones on a bad line change and game over Saginaw is the team coming outta the west in my opinion so now the boys know what they gotta do. Why is hinz on the ice?? And why the f*** is mctavish on a line with Parker jones I think Wilson is a great coach but come on
Kitchener might have something to say about that.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Mctavish has more chances to score with Parker jones and Grondin. big boys that open ice for him. Plays against thrid lines, when kirk comes back can see Hinz to 4th.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So feeling a bit better Oshawa lost 5-0 to barrie.... barrie. I’ll say that again the BARRIE COLTS bahahahahahahahahahaha

The Petes would never lose by 5 goals to someone that low in the standings
upload_2020-1-23_22-40-58.jpeg

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
agree agree oh and dont forget Avon does nothing lol

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Could have won tonight, had lots of chances. Jones stopped a lot of Grade A chances too.

No one outside our top line looked particularly good. Not sure the last time the Hinz - Gallant - Little line scored, so why not give Gallant some better linemates like Tucker or McTavish.
have said it all year give Gallant some skill to play with pehaps McTavish and Kirk really makes me wonder about our coach?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Their starting goalie is Marshall Frappier. The same Marshall Frappier who has a career .877 save % in 65 career games. They ain't winning **** with him as their goalie

Goalies are voodoo and junior hockey is still a place where you can get away with winning a tittle without having the best goalie or even a great one as long as you have a good enough team in front of them. Look at Popovich last season. Sub 0.900 save % and a GAA over 3. Guelph won a title with him. Frappier is putting up similar numbers this season so I don't see how you can make your prediction based on goaltending.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->