Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Nice to see the world famous Hinz-Gallant-Little line together again. They better friggin score lol

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Our first line and PP, SDA, Robertson and Thomas spend away too much time being fancy in the offensive zone and often keep the puck in the O zone but end up without a shot. You can't win often in this league scoring two goals. Play this way against good teams (Ottawa) in the playoffs and they will end up being posted to the boards too many times. I agree Paquette and Wison are very steady on defence and all our D are playing well.

Play good teams in the League.... Last time I checked flint was a great team is this League lol

Reactions: Hockey Stick

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
A win for the Petes 9-2 against Niagara. Gotta wonder why we played our top line so much with a big lead. Could be an opportunity I suppose to give them some time together - still a relatively new line. Anyway seemed like wanted to pile up the score. We should be resting out top guys imo and not risking injury. Speaking of which what happened to Paquette?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
A win for the Petes 9-2 against Niagara. Gotta wonder why we played our top line so much with a big lead. Could be an opportunity I suppose to give them some time together - still a relatively new line. Anyway seemed like wanted to pile up the score. We should be resting out top guys imo and not risking injury. Speaking of which what happened to Paquette?
Paquette wasnt on the bench from the start of the second on.

The Petes rolled 4 lines in the third, they could have bench the top line earlier but their ice was cut way back.

Reactions: ptbopete

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Paquette wasnt on the bench from the start of the second on.

The Petes rolled 4 lines in the third, they could have bench the top line earlier but their ice was cut way back.

they didn’t play a shift with about five minutes left in the third period on... I’m sure part of the reasoning was wanting to get Akil a goal against his former team.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Paquette apparently left with upper body stiffness. Hopefully him and Kirk make it back for Thursday.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Does he mean he is out until
Playoffs?
Or I am reading too much into this?

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Kirk was sitting in section 17 last game and there was nothing visible I could see from a section over, although I wasn't looking for some facial injury either. Could be something with his orbital, or a concussion.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Coming down the stretch I’d love to catch Ottawa. But a part of me wants us to finish third so we can watch Ottawa and Oshawa best eachother up in rnd 2 Long way away but bored and looking at standings

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Coming down the stretch I’d love to catch Ottawa. But a part of me wants us to finish third so we can watch Ottawa and Oshawa best eachother up in rnd 2 Long way away but bored and looking at standings
I was thinking the same.......nothing will be easy but whatever happens I look forward to teams in the West wearing each other down right down the stretch as they jockey for position in the tight standings and then with 7 game series throughout the West playoffs :nod:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I think we lost too much ground on them with our slump. Our main goal should be to keep momentum going so we keep Oshawa from catching us.

Hinz needs to put his big boy pants on and step up offensively with Kirk out.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
In a game like the Niagara game where there's no doubt we're gonna win, we should be putting Hinz on a PP unit with the big guys. Get him going, get his confidence going.

If he can be an offensive weapon with Grondin on the third line, that's huge when our top two lines have worn down the defense.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
In a game like the Niagara game where there's no doubt we're gonna win, we should be putting Hinz on a PP unit with the big guys. Get him going, get his confidence going.

If he can be an offensive weapon with Grondin on the third line, that's huge when our top two lines have worn down the defense.
The last thing Hinz has earned is more ice IMO. He gets so much already, and on a per minute basis, TRobertson, Little, even JPJ produce way more, give one of them some PP time. Their respective styles of play (more willing to fight through physical defenders) should play better come the playoffs as well.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
The last thing Hinz has earned is more ice IMO. He gets so much already, and on a per minute basis, TRobertson, Little, even JPJ produce way more, give one of them some PP time. Their respective styles of play (more willing to fight through physical defenders) should play better come the playoffs as well.

Exactly what I think with Kirk out hinz should stay on the third line tucker should move up with gallant. If hinz was to ever show a spark I hope it would be then to earn second line time

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I thought every one of those rookies on the 4th line last game deserved more ice time. They looked great

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Some fun prospect updates lately on Petes players from The Athletic. Subscription required, so I'm not going to post much more than a sentence or two from the longer scouting reports

From Scott Wheeler, re: Declan Chisholm, who has moved up to #5 on the list of Jets prospects.
Chisholm logs big minutes for the contending Petes, he’s 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds, he can drive play at even strength with his calculated aggression and above average skating ability (he’s smooth without being powerful) and I’m starting to see more of a surprise-you element from the blue line in, which may give him PP2 upside at the NHL level if he continues to take steps.

From Corey Pronman's mid-season NHL prospect ranking - Nick Robertson is #11 in the entire NHL, for some OHL perspective, Tippett is #12, Merkley #32, Tomasino #36.
Robertson’s toolkit is great and he has the ability to take over a shift. He’s got the hands to dangle at a high level, and despite not having a lot of assists, his vision is of the highest grades. I may be biased because I’ve been in attendance for some of his highlight reel assists, but I do think his hockey IQ is elite. He also has a great shot and can pick corners from long-distance.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Some fun prospect updates lately on Petes players from The Athletic. Subscription required, so I'm not going to post much more than a sentence or two from the longer scouting reports

From Scott Wheeler, re: Declan Chisholm, who has moved up to #5 on the list of Jets prospects.

From Corey Pronman's mid-season NHL prospect ranking - Nick Robertson is #11 in the entire NHL, for some OHL perspective, Tippett is #12, Merkley #32, Tomasino #36.
Wow this is awesome for Petes hockey. Should speak to how well these players are developed and are allowed to show their talents. Really happy for those two getting that kind of spotlight. Both seem like real good kids

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Sounds like Kirk has some fractures in his face. Hopefully he’s not out the full six weeks.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
What a weird spot the Petes are at in the standings.....stuck at the 3rd seed and likely not moving despite having 24 games left.
  • 9 pts behind Ottawa and the 67s have 3 games in hand.
  • 14 pts ahead of Sudbury who have the 2nd seed.....don’t get me started.
  • 10 pts ahead of Oshawa who is in 4th spot
they aren’t really playing to improve their place in the standings, but hopefully they can continue to grow their chemistry and get/stay healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad