Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Next week’s schedule is
Wednesday in Niagara
Thursday vs Sudbury
Saturday in Owen Sound

I think u have to start Jones today for the reasons mentioned above and then I see Austin getting one of the road games next week

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Next week’s schedule is
Wednesday in Niagara
Thursday vs Sudbury
Saturday in Owen Sound

I think u have to start Jones today for the reasons mentioned above and then I see Austin getting one of the road games next week

Yeah I’d go Jones Oshawa, Niagara, Sudbury. Austin in Owen Sound.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Austin appeared very uncomfortable in net last start gotta get him back in there soon but I’d have Jones in today

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
What's happened to the offence this year?

Everyone focuses on SDA's lack of production, but all the players that were expected to carry the offence haven't produced.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
What's happened to the offence this year?

Everyone focuses on SDA's lack of production, but all the players that were expected to carry the offence haven't produced.

Maybe in part it’s because of the 1-2-2 trap we use every time possible instead of trying to establish a forecheck....

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I know everyone loved Wilson because the team started 8-2 but it doesn't seem he understands the team he has. We're not a defensive trap team. We score goals (at least we should) and win games 5-4, 4-3. We're not a win 1-0 team. Why are we playing like cowards. Let Gogolev/SDA/Robertson/Hinz/Butler/Chisholm run up and down and try to create. We scored 2 goals in 3 games this weekend and went 0-3 because he's zapping them of their creativity and trying to play a system that doesn't suit the skill set of our players.

And I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's in a new place, but so are all imports. How did Liam Kirk get drafted to the NHL? He looks like the 30th best import from the CHL draft right now

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I know everyone loved Wilson because the team started 8-2 but it doesn't seem he understands the team he has. We're not a defensive trap team. We score goals (at least we should) and win games 5-4, 4-3. We're not a win 1-0 team. Why are we playing like cowards. Let Gogolev/SDA/Robertson/Hinz/Butler/Chisholm run up and down and try to create. We scored 2 goals in 3 games this weekend and went 0-3 because he's zapping them of their creativity and trying to play a system that doesn't suit the skill set of our players.

And I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's in a new place, but so are all imports. How did Liam Kirk get drafted to the NHL? He looks like the 30th best import from the CHL draft right now

Right now one of the team's biggest problems is the power play. The past two years the power play was pretty good with players such as Lorentz, Korestelev, Denoble, Timleck etc. and there was a plan. The puck was put on net and a lot of goals were scored on tip ins and rebounds from the dirty area in front of the net. This year there doesn't appear to be a plan. They often seem to be looking for Gogolev in the slot and when he gets it he is covered. If he does get a shot it's over the net. A lot of work is needed. Last night in Oshawa on power plays and 5 on 5 the Petes generated enough shots but the goalie could see them all. (no screens) A Pee Wee goalie will stop those shots 99% of the time.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Getting pretty rough. Thank goodness for Jones. The offence can't do anything right now and it seems like they're giving up as many shots as the past few years. (Haven't seen tonight's totals, but they've been giving up 35 or so most games lately, it seems)

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Getting pretty rough. Thank goodness for Jones. The offence can't do anything right now and it seems like they're giving up as many shots as the past few years. (Haven't seen tonight's totals, but they've been giving up 35 or so most games lately, it seems)
Forty four tonight forty three with Hunter in net

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
At least since we havent looked good lately, it means we face McGrath instead of Pekka-Luukkonen, who's a top 3 goalie in the OHL

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Good bounce back performance, lucked out not having to face UPL, but we got some goals.

Did anyone catch the rewards code?

The PP is hard to watch cause it's still the SDA and Gogolev show, where they skate around the zone with the puck waiting for some perfect one-timer goal to develop instead of just getting the puck on net. At least Wilson broke up that combo in the lines, and lo and behold, they both produce tonight. Break them up on the PP, or take SDA off it entirely and just get back to basics of shots from the blueline and bang in rebounds.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Absolutely needed that win tonight. Finally we get an early goal and some confidence. Sudbury looked average if not worse. I'm surprised they are as high in the standings as they are.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad