Speculation: Peter Horachek

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Not sure about what others think, but I'd like a proven winner brought in this summer. Really hoping someone becomes available.

Don't know that we can put faith in Horachek going forward.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Not sure about what others think, but I'd like a proven winner brought in this summer. Really hoping someone becomes available.

Don't know that we can put faith in Horachek going forward.

Depends whose on the market, I assume a good coach or two will be fired. I am not a fan of Laviolette, don't like how Schenn and Courtier developed under him.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Keep an eye on Maurice and the Jets. He was supposed to get extended during the break but still nothing and there are rumors that there is a rift between him and the GM.

Tallon should be quick jump on that if he parts with them.

Panthers607

I think Horachek is done as HC but might stay as assistant. Viola def wants his own guy.
Last I want is Torts. Either Boucher or Maurice IMO.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think Horachek is done as HC but might stay as assistant. Viola def wants his own guy.
Last I want is Torts. Either Boucher or Maurice IMO.
Currently IMO it's one of the two guys above.

Obviously some could (or more like should, considering the history) get fired that's a better fit.

Maybe even Messier with the NY connection?
Messier has no coaching experience, whatsoever.

Not a guy I'd put in charge of a bunch of kids trying to get away from the rebuild phase.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I'd give Horacheck one full year, I think he has done a good job considering the circumstances. After that go after someone like Babcock, he might need/want a change of scenery.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I'd give Horacheck one full year, I think he has done a good job considering the circumstances. After that go after someone like Babcock, he might need/want a change of scenery.

Respectfully Disagree.

We are moving into a win now mode. Need a coach who has experience. We've had 3 consecutive rookie coaches. enough.

Plus horachuck has done nothing spectacular to earn losing the interim tag. The team has been horrible since the initial new coach bump. we've lost 9 of 11. We are in a nosedive, there is no structure, no consistency, etc etc. Yes we suck, but it'll be a new roster next year and deserves a proven winner behind the bench, IMHO.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I want an experienced coach, but not necessarily experienced in the NHL. I want someone who thinks and knows today's NHL. Id like someone who is more offensive minded as well.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Respectfully Disagree.

We are moving into a win now mode. Need a coach who has experience. We've had 3 consecutive rookie coaches. enough.

Plus horachuck has done nothing spectacular to earn losing the interim tag. The team has been horrible since the initial new coach bump. we've lost 9 of 11. We are in a nosedive, there is no structure, no consistency, etc etc. Yes we suck, but it'll be a new roster next year and deserves a proven winner behind the bench, IMHO.

Well, the loss of Barkov and basically not having a good team in the first place will put you in the standings where we are right now. I don't see how things would have been much different with any other coach.

Also I'd like to see what kind of additions they will get in the summer before saying they are in a win mode. The UFA crop is so thin, who knows what they will be able to add.

Anyway my point is this team has much bigger issue than the HC at the moment. IMO.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't want Torts or Laviolette as I don't think would be the right guys to lead this upcoming mixture of young stars and veterans.

I'm torn on whether to give Horachek another year or not. Early on, I was really impressed with how he changed the players mindsets from Dineen, but it could have been just because it's a new voice in the locker room and on the bench. Some of his decisions to play certain players at times are questionable.

I'm just not sure of anyone that I can think of off the top of my head would be a perfect or ideal fit, but I would want someone with experience and can lead an upcoming team to positive outcomes.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IMO Torts is overrated.

Was a good coach. Now is around due to his name.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
There should be coaches available in the summer

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Horacek's doing better with this team than Dineen did...but not by much.

Not that I think any coach can do much with the spare parts that comprise most of this team.

Erick*

The last 20 games are a try out for a lot of people in the organization, including Horachek. If team finishes the season strong, I think he comes back. It seems like he had input in the Dan Ellis move for what it's worth.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Respectfully Disagree.

I agree with this! Maybe someone good will be available this off-season.

-ghoste

Holy Jokinen

Mar 4, 2007
Tampa
Heard something about Nolan being pissed with Buffalo's management... if this became an option, i'd like to jump on it.

Either way, I don't like Horachek. I don't blame him for this mess, but something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad